From: Tony Davis Area: Thelema To: Serpens 23 Dec 94 01:31:16 Subject: Pangenetor Calander UpdReq 93 Paul! do you have the address for Pangenetor Lodge's publishing line? we want Goodies Of Thelema (GOT)! 93, tony 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Tony Davis Area: Thelema To: Helrunar 23 Dec 94 01:29:16 Subject: Re: THELEMIC HOLIDAYS UpdReq 93, Helrunar! thanks for taking on this massive undertaking... i am also interested in publishing some sort of Thelemic Book of Days... unfortunately, i have very little idea of how to go about it... the Greater Feast of Crowley is December 1st though... (one day before my lesser one!) please keep in touch about how your project is going. 93, tony 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: JOSEPH MAX Area: Thelema To: FIR 17 Dec 94 16:10:00 Subject: RE: CARROLL & INITIATION Rec'd UpdReq -=> Quoting Fir to Joseph Max <=- Fi> Another interesting, informative, and provocative post of yours. Aw, shucks ma'am... Fi> I was surprised when a local A:.X friend of mine mentioned Fi> he'd be attending some inits when visiting San Francisco this Fi> winter. The idea of formal inits within a chaos magick order Fi> sounded very foreign to me. Well, A:.X inits are not often exactly "formal" affairs! It's more likely you'll be sent on a magickal scavenger hunt and have to cast an effective circle of protection with whatever you find, then get stripped naked and thrown into freezing cold water (Temple Babel's "Rebirth Initiation" was like that - tossed naked into the Pacific ocean wrapped in a roll of paper covered with entropy sigils...) then be ordered to stand guard over a sacred power spot armed with.... A HERRING!!!! Then the Temple springs something SURPRISING on you.... hehehehehe Fi> The IOT will be sponsoring a workshop locally on chaos magic Fi> by Phil Hine. I'm unfamiliar with him. Think he's worth Fi> shelling out a few bucks for? Ehh, maybe. Expect a lot of theory lecture and not much practical technique. Don't pay more than 20 bucks or so. JM> Carroll devised two self-initiatory workings, Chaos Monasticism JM> and Chaos Jyhad. Another IOT adept devised the Eucharist of Chaos, JM> and I myself devised the Oracle of Chaos (BTW, these relate JM> to the four elementals - wands, swords, disks and cups JM> respectively). Without going into too much detail (unless someone is JM> interested), each is a self-initiatory working in which the aspirant JM> takes a magical oath to adhere to a strict set of observences JM> for a set period of time. Fi> I'd be interested in hearing about the working you devised. OK. In these workings, the magician elects to follow a set of observences designed around an Symbolic Elemental theme. For example, in Chaos Monasticism, the magician begins by taking an oath over a staff dedicated to magic which is to thenceforth be carried at all times throughout the period of observance. The general form of the observances are divided into three "levels" of difficulty: the Lesser, Greater, and Extreme. The basic Lesser observences are: - Carry the magical staff at all times. - Perform a banishing upon awakening and retiring. - Keep a full magical journal. - Perform a full magical ritual every day. - Dedicate all sexual energy to magic. - Any other particular function the magician deems useful, such as an hour of meditation per day, study of a particular written work, etc. The Greater and Extreme observences involve more ritual work every day, and sigil visualization either once every waking hour, or in the Extreme, once every HOUR, breaking sleep to do so every night. The Jyhad is a working of the Sword, and the magician assumes a warrior's persona - carries a dagger at all times, sleeps on a hard surface, eats a strict, high energy diet, and practices throwing Chaobolts (a form of Chaos Magic "hex casting" - ask me later...) Oh, yeah, and strict celebacy - I did a two month Jyhad last year. Ya know, nothing gets you more offers of sex than announcing that you're under a vow of celebacy... However long you stick to the observances, you end it by carving the number of days and the level (1,2 or 3) that you followed onto the consecrated tool you carried. If you fail, you destroy the tool. You are your own judge, and of course the power of the tool you consecrate in this way is dependent on how well _you_ believe in your heart that you were true to your oath. The one I designed is called The Oracle of Chaos, and it is a working of the Cup which centers on the divinatory arts. The Cup, being the Pool of Intuition itself, corrosponds to an oracular tool, such as a scrying crystal, a set of runes, or even Tarot cards. As I devised it, you create a special "container" for your oracular tool, such as a leather carrying case or handmade pouch. The final numbers of you attainment will be set into this case if you are successful. As an Oracle, you must: - carry your oracular tool with you at all times, _especially_ you must sleep with it. - perform a banishing upon awakening and retiring. - keep a written record of all dreams. - perform a divination with your tool at least once a day, and keep a careful record of all predictions. - _also_ perform a divination immediately after any sex act. The Greater observance calls for at least two divinations per day, and one of them must be for some other person; you can accept no payment of any kind for this. The Extreme observence calls for deliberately waking youself in the middle of your dream-cycle every night and recording what dream images you remember. (I used a LOUD alarm clock and a voice-activated micro-casstte recorder...) The amazing thing about these observances is that though they seem deceptively simple, they result in profound effects if followed for even a few weeks. The "purification" procedures in the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin also seem rather simple on the surface, but by all accounts they are intensely initiatory when followed strictly. During my Jyhad period I spent a few nights alone in the woods with only a sleeping bag and backpack. Went on an incredible shamanistic "animal spirit" journey - leaping through the forest at night, howling, tearing up trees, foraging for food. Fi> A set period of time? I assume that time limit is set by the Fi> initiatory candidate? Yes, though you take an oath at the beginning and decide in advance how long you will stick to it. And if you go _longer_ all the better... ... Where are those flashbacks they promised me? ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kevin Bold Area: Thelema To: All 22 Dec 94 00:34:18 Subject: Everybody, sing! UpdReq 93! Get up off your knees, And grovel no more, You better make room For a true God of War, Ra Hoor Khuit's coming to Earth! He's gonna kick butt, He's not playin' games, He's heard us all chanting The barbarous names, Ra Hoor Khuit's coming to Earth! He knows who you're invoking, He knows what paths you take, He knows if you've found your True Will, So do all for Nuit's sake! So act like a king, And walk proud and tall, And Do What Thou Wilt -- The Law is for All! Ra Hoor Khuit's coming to Earth! 93--93/93... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: JOSEPH MAX Area: Thelema To: ALL 17 Dec 94 16:10:00 Subject: Lord Of The Bees UpdReq -=> Forwarded from UUCP newsgroup alt.magick <=- Date: 19 DEC 1994 18:01:34 GMT From: Jess Karlin Newsgroups: alt.magick Subject: Lord of the Bees I've just seen a really amusing and ghastly video and feel I should point out that its being shown on cable access in Austin Texas and therefore possibly has a wider distribution around the country. It's one of those fundy assaults on the occult in rock-n-roll and of course it stars AC as the progenitor of the decline of Western Civilization (so what's the problem?). I've seen a few of these over time but this one is the most blatant in accusing Crowley of being a Satanist and of saying "Do what thou wilt" is the first commandment of Satanism. Few, if any, of the previous attacks on Crowley/rock-n-roll that I've seen have resorted to things like the following: After quoting this from Magick- " II. "First Method." Let the Exempt Adept first train himself to think backwards by external means, as set forth here following. --- (a) Let him learn to write backwards, with either hand. (b) Let him learn to walk backwards. (c) Let him constantly watch, if convenient, cinematograph films, and listen to phonograph records, reversed, and let him so accustom himself to these that they appear natural and appreciable as a whole." -the 'expert' commentator explains that this reference is the command from which 'backmasking' (or backward masking) originates. So Crowley in this supposedly has commanded all rock-n-roll writers to append Satanic information in the backward masks of their music. In answer to the very obvious retort that it is pretty difficult to intentionally do this on a track that has a sensical forward message-he replied by saying that demonic forces take over the musician and play him like an instrument, making him write words that backward mask to produce some of the Devil's favorite slogans: "You know Satan holds the key to the lock" -Cheap Trick "He's the nasty one-Christ-you're infernal." -Electric Light Orchestra (I'm not making this up) (and of course) from Stairway to Heaven "There are two paths you can go by...etc." transforms to- "My sweet Satan, no other made a path for it makes me sad the power of Satan." and then my favorite- from Queen- "Start to smoke marijuana." Now, of all the Satanic things Queen might have thought of to backward mask on their records is "Start to smoke marijuana" the best that they and the Devil could come up with? Hell (Or maybe heck would be better here), when people were actually listening to Queen back in the 70's (I mean before the Wayne's World resurrection) no one, least of all Queen, had to tell them 'start smoking marijuana'. That would have been like having to tell them to START having sex or START being unemployed for as long as possible-it came naturally. We did not need Queen to backward mask the message. Of course, I'm the first to admit that all those nights I spent passing out listening to Led Zep lilt me to sleep probably did have its little side-effects. Oh well, every generation has its cross to bear, so to speak. Finally, this paean to parsimonious intellection tells us that- "Satanism can be reduced to one simple commandment-Do What Thou Wilt" and that this means to deny the power fo God by living your life the way you want to (heavens, not that!!). And that Satan's primary law is-Do What Thou Wilt, which, we are told, is what is meant by Billy Idol in "Dancing with Myself". To which, the final analogy of the dance of the bees-when a bee learns the wrong dance it flies out in search of the honey but can't find it and it dies from exhaustion in the search-get it? Rock-n-roll teaches the wrong dance with the wrong music, the inspiration Satanically supplied by AC, and all you rock bees out there are just going to die looking for the honey. So much for the state of Christianity in the latter days. All this would be simply amusing-and it is-but- I've read a lot of people on here talking about how people should respect Christianity and Christians (and of course I sometimes do-when that respect is warranted) but clearly, there is a strong and virulent (Christian) movement in this country right now to misrepresent the thoughts and ideas of AC and to pretend as if the mere discussion of these, much less belief in their 'truth', represents a threat to the security of the nation. Now I know that there is a general disagreement about whether Crowley WAS a REAL Satanist or not but I think even those of you who ARE Satanists (maybe particularly Satanists) should be alarmed by the increase in distribution and the degree of misrepresentation present in these Christian diatribes. Virtually nothing of any sense or importance EVER gets on TV concerning Crowley and Thelema-and now that Christian groups are sponsoring shows wherein they liberaly quote and then mangle the ideas of AC these insipid vomitoriums are the only sources a lot of people have for an 'introduction' to Thelemic thought. For those of you desiring a copy of this video-whose name I believe is _Hell's Bells_ (unfortunately I came in in the middle and did not get the name of the tape or the producer-but just ask them for the rock-n-roll video that reveals Crowley (AND Whitney Houston too!!) as a Satanist. I think you should view the tape (partly for laughs, partly for concern)- and then do what you can to 'help' our Christian brothers and sisters in their 'work'. write to: Peaceway Productions POB 9064 Austin, TX 78766 or call 512-346-6771 And I'm sure than nobody intends on doing anything like this BUT I think it would be a good idea NOT to call them up and call them fuckheads, even though they obviously are, but rather be incredibly sweet and nice to them while ordering as many free copies of anything they offer as is possible-you know for your new church in Le Bosom, Lousiana, or whatever that could sure use a nice shot in the arm with a 1000 free copies of that wonderful Hell's Bell's. I doubt they will send them but it will keep them up at nights worrying over the fact they can't adequately respond to all their Christian pals who will now, no doubt, descend into the lap of Satan. Oh well, you were headed there anyway. Happy video watching - r3winter ... You can do anything thou wilt at Aleister's Restaurant. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718