From: Paul Hume Area: Thelema To: Brian Dare 21 Nov 94 11:33:18 Subject: LBRP and Breathing UpdReq Brian - "When I use them..." Sometimes, famous last words akin to "the vibrations are weak tonight," ie. I am too lazy, dull, self-centered, fill-in-the-blank to do the work properly tonight. Doubtless psychic attack by Christian Prayer Warriors. Sometimes (the good ones) - coming back to normal consciousness during the closing Q-Cross and going "What just happened?" I couldn't tell you if I breathed correctly or even drew "inside the lines", or ran around the block turning pentagram-shaped cartwheels just now (g). In between (g): when things are not clicking, I go through the ritual with meticulous attention to all the details, as I've learned or devised them, and if the juice still don't get loose, at least it is a good technical rehearsal, like doing a kata very carefully to make sure the form is tight. This pays off when things are clicking (but I am still more or less conscious (g)) when I observe that the breath takes care of itself while I get on with the inner work (just as one must be automatic with the Words and movements, ie. not concerned with remembering them, so that one can instead focus on putting energy into them, and responding to their meaning). This may be a result of my early training as an actor, since it is a very similar pattern - memorizing lines and blocking so thewy are absolutely automatic, so you can do the interpretive work that is why people are paying to see you. Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Paul Hume Area: Thelema To: To Meta Therion 21 Nov 94 11:39:26 Subject: OTO UpdReq TMT - Actually, I think it was that you have brought 111 members into the Order,It is in the Intimations Towards The Constitution of the Order. Whether it is in the actual "rules" or, is it is, if it is interpreted literally (are not they, after all, the Ox, and none by the Book?). The degree in question was pretty up there - 7th or 8th, I think? Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Paul Hume Area: Thelema To: Jams 21 Nov 94 11:42:12 Subject: More AC Bull. UpdReq Jams - I think the concern is more that there is more to Thelema than anal sex (or even sex in general, central though sexuality is to the philosophy). 93. Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Doug Plexico Area: Thelema To: All 19 Nov 94 09:51:22 Subject: The Law is for All UpdReq DWTWSBTWOTL Well, I just finished reading several posts in this echo, and I have come up to the conclusion that what was originally for all people has become available for a select few. I was always under the impression that the Master Therion did not approve of such orgaizational upgrades up the Tree. I mean, how can another decide whether or not a person is ready to climb another step higher, and when they are not ready. I always saw this as the major failure of most organized religions, including the GD, the AA, and many others. I have been a Thelemite since 1968. For a while, I was a Satanic Thelemite, and now, since 1985, I have been merely a Qabalistic Thelemite. Yes, there has been many "dark nights of the soul." But I know, for myself, that I have crossed the Abyss, and there is no other god where I am. I have found that my brothers are just like those in the poem "Dust Devils" and "The Oyster", both published in the Book of Thoth in the description of "II. The High Priestess." For me, my path is a solitary path, sure, Crowley pointed the way, "hey, guys, I think this way is clear, follow me!" I heard him say, but then when I caught up with him, I saw that his path was not my path, and said, "To hell with you, AC, I can see my path right over there! But thanx for showing me how to find it." And proceeded to go my way, machete in hand, chopping through the debris of religion and beliefs which have always sought to grow around me causing me to stop and stagnate. I have been through the desert on a horse with no name. I have been to the place where the streets have no names. I have spoke with the tongues of angels, and I have held hands with the devil. (Yes, I know these are from other folks, but I use them to get a point across.) I have crossed the Abyss and there is no god where I am. I am the "I am that I am", I am YHVH, the Yod-He-Vau-He, I do understand! LITL,LUW 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Doug Plexico Area: Thelema To: Tony Iannotti 20 Nov 94 21:58:38 Subject: Crowley on CDROM? Rec'd UpdReq After an initial setup of $500, each CD-ROM will cost about $ 1.76 each. There is no need to purchase the machine. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: Thelema To: Christeos Pir 21 Nov 94 03:28:20 Subject: Hiya! UpdReq -=> Christeos Pir said to The Cegorach (16 Nov 94 22:52:17) <=- Re: Hiya! CP> Larry! Welcome back! What's snoo? Snow that's melted and re-frozen? :) I've had barely any time for ritual work, so about the only things snoo are: 1) I've bought a few Enochian-related materials (Enochian Sex Magick, A True and Faithful Relation, and the Enochian Tarot Deck, (though not the book! (snicker)), drawn (of course) by our own beloved Soror Chen. 2) I'm back on da Nets. I'm working 6-7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day, with no sign of relief soon; I'm an Assistant Manager at a Burger King...in fact, I'm a lowly Assistant-Manager-in-Training officially still, as they've not yet deigned to grace me with an O-fishul Certificate. However, our General Manager is playing dead again. She injured her neck some years ago on the job, and is trying to get Workman's Comp to pay her for the rest of her life, so she doesn't have to work. Every few years, though, they force her to come back to work, and thus she works for a year or so, and then goes back out for 2-3. Well, she just went back out, and though she (and my District Manager) keep insisting we should think positive, I already know (given her prior pattern) that she's *not* coming back anytime soon. So now, *I'm* more or less running the store--having come to the conclusion that the other, more senior assistant was an incompetent weenie, I more or less commandeered most of the authority/responsibility for the store. Problem is, it's just the two of us, instead of the 4-5 managers we *should* have. So, basically, he opens and I close every day until our District Manager deigns to grant us more management staff. Wanna talk about rapid burnout? Try managing a fast food joint and working 70-80 hours a day with a staff that's literally nearly completely incompetent. It's not like fast food's all that demanding, but Jesus H. Christ (and his ugly brother Harry!)...half my staff was literally hoodlums--cokeheads and the like; rampant theivery was the norm, and the manager turnover rate was higher than the employee turnover rate (no kidding!). Managers were literally scared to work there. I went on a firing spree. :) :) I've called the cops a few times, and several more times had to threaten newly terminated employees that I *would* have them arrested and dragged out in handcuffs if necessary. Thus, ritual work's taken a back seat; I'm lucky to get in before 4 am, so Dawn Resh is often along the lines of: (crack eyelid open) "Hi, Ra, how's it hangin'?" (snore) Thus, for example, the Enochian material looks quite interesting, but all I've had time to do is look. I *have* been getting better about doing my daily Asana work, though...about an hour or so of various Yoga asanas, then brief meditation in Dragon...but that's about as much as I have time for, now. Kinda miss night audit.... :) Wearily, Larry ... ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!! ... Tension breaker, had to be done. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: Thelema To: Rose Dawn 21 Nov 94 03:44:06 Subject: Re: HIYA! UpdReq -=> Rose Dawn said to The Cegorach (19 Nov 94 09:14:27) <=- Re: Re: HIYA! RD> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> RD> It's nice 2CU back! :> I trust no one will be offended by my near-total lack of topicality, granting me some form of special dispensation for a four-month hiatus. :) RD> The Butterfly Net? ;> gotten quite that far in my practices yet!> Haven't read Moonchild yet... ? > Hmph. Doesn't quote well, I see. Did you get it as listed above (the > smiley)? When I did it [thusly -> :) ] the dot was in the middle.... RD> RD> Keen! It looked the way I quoted it the first time; how'd you get it RD> centered like that? Special keyboard trick, or _siddhi_ powers from a RD> wide-open Ajna Chakra? I'm afraid you're not initiated to that degree yet. :) (I couldn't even *type* that with a straight face!) Can you do IBM high ASCII? I seem to recall Kayla using a Mac--how 'bout you? If you can do Beemer-ese, it's alt-249. :) By the way, the notion to use alt-249 occurred to me just after finishing Harding's _Kali: Black Goddess of Dakshineswar_. After immersing myself in Kali for a few days, it just sorta popped into my head. Coincidence? :) :) > In a vague nod to topicality, I'm trying to catch back up and > integrate a ritual schedule back into my work schedule. Not fun > working 6-7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. :( So I'm trying to > limit my involvement net-wise, too, to essentially just the "good" > echoes--ALnet/BeastNet; I've dumped VBBS for Maximus, as it does FTN > much better; thus, I'll have a bit more time to hang out on THELEMA > and TANTRA and HRILIU (my favorites), and will be paying more > attention to ENOCHIAN, too...and not trying to keep up with 100 other > echoes across 7 other nets. :) RD> I know exactly whatcha mean. The new setup doesn't mangle your quoted RD> text like it used to either! :> Hmmm...you sound like a RD> mundanely-bizzy-boyee. What have you been practicing ritual-wise? I've Basically just Resh and the beginner's layout of Asana's from Swami Vishnu-Devananda's Complete Book of Yoga. I've been pretty slack about pent and hex rits, though I've managed a few LBRPs, and several Rubies.... RD> been concentrating on some basic planetary schtuff, which I seem RD> really attuned to for some reason, practicing my Ruby, and I *am* RD> still a Resh-head! ;> Some other schtuff that might be more RD> appropriate for another echo ::snicker:: but basically chilling out RD> after a period of going totally bonkers for a while...time to back up RD> and be the Rank Beginner I am a bit longer. ;> How bout yer own bad RD> self? See previous note to CP...I'm lucky to hit all four stations of Resh, much less do planetary work at the moment. Perhaps after things calm down a bit more...in the mean time, I'm sticking to yoga and Resh, and working back into the pent and hexes.... RD> Got em! :> Hardly an idea about when to call though...sounds like RD> you're *never* there...or if you are there, busy! I still have the RD> same #, give a call some night, we can discuss layers of symbolism or RD> the sexual nature of Saturn or something. When I'm here, I'm nearly always sleeping...except the odd day like today, when I deprive myself of an hour or so of blissful repose to BBS.... Send me mail on Modem Magick w/your number again, please...it got, um, "lost" accidentally-on-purpose after an argument. :( > Maybe it's too much reading in _A True and Faithful Relation..._; talk > about some wearisome language! :) (And I *like* that sorta > language...I'd have bought _A True and Faithful Relation_ for the > title page alone...I love the big long titles used in Renaissance and > Elizabethan works...I get off on the grotesquely complex sentences, > the long and wearisome speeches, the endless meandering....) RD> I like that kinda language too; and have been on the lookout in used RD> bookstores & such for a copy of the Casaubon. Lucked out recently and RD> made quite a haul at my fave local used'n'rare, but that wasn't among RD> the tomes of home. :/ Owell, one o'these daze! Hmm. Next books I'm looking to get are Frater U.. D..'s _Secrets of the German Sex Magicians_, Crowley's _Illustrated Goetia_, and one of the various editions of _The Equinox, Vol. I_. And now I'm interested in obtaining Enochian materials for perusal, too. If there *are* used bookstores in NC that carry that kinda material, *I* have yet to find them. :) > Consider: if Causabon had printed it today, it'd be called _Dark > Angels_ or some such, and co-authored by Carl Raschke. ;) RD> RD> ROTFL! RD> RD> Oyah...who's Tommy Tutone? Wrote/sang the song, "Jenny (867-5309)". You know, "Eight six seven five, three-oh-nigh-ee-eye-ine...". (Your message mentioned something about a phone number everyone wanted, or that you'd always wanted, or somesuch...too tired to recall....) ... It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: Thelema To: Fir 21 Nov 94 03:51:24 Subject: Re: HIYA! UpdReq -=> Fir said to The Cegorach (19 Nov 94 12:44:37) <=- Re: Re: HIYA! Fi> Ceg! Welcome back!!! Thanks! It's nice to have such a warm welcome...gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Or maybe that's all the burgers I've been eating. Fi> I was looking forward to going on unemployment in January and having Fi> some time to get productive. However it looks like they'll extend Fi> my contract yet again into 1995 so I've got to figure out how Fi> to fit productive magickal time into a work week schedule. Oh, the Ordeals.... :) Fi> Cool. Josh could use someone to get long winded back at him Fi> (just teasing Josh) on the Enochian echo. tee-hee! Fi> Well if you've purchased Causabon things must be looking up for you. Yup. While magickal work has had to take a back seat, things on the Mundane plane are looking up. Being a Leo, and filled with boundless energy, :), I can actually take the insane schedule I'm working; and the material benefits are decent, I suppose. I'm getting lots of overtime pay, so one day, when things actually slow down, I'll not only have more time to devote to magick, I'll have even *more* money to support the book habit. :) :) Fi> Me, I recently ran into used copies of the 10-vol. Equinox, the Fi> Blue Equinox, and The Rites of Eleusis. If you don't have the Fi> Geoffrey James book yet, it's back in print thru either Llewellyn Fi> or Weiser under a different title. Supposed to be the same material Fi> though. That and Robert Turner's _Elizabethan Magic_ are generally Fi> talked about respectably. Cool. Thanks for the info! Fi> So are you looking to do some work now with Enochian energies or Fi> rather studying up for the future? Just studying up for the future, right now. I don't even have enough time to sleep on a consistent basis/schedule, much less try to integrate magickal work (and Enochian at that!), too. I'm just pluggin' through the books for now...read Enochian Sex Magick, and bought the Enochian Tarot deck, and now I'm pluggin' through Causabon.... Fi> Again, welcome back! Another Leo is always missed in these Fi> parts . :) ... Sorry It took so long for me to find it, but my mess is a place. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: Thelema To: Fir 21 Nov 94 04:00:40 Subject: '55 Leo? UpdReq Fi> Sure would like to meet another '55 Leo in person some day, Fi> especially one with an interest in Magick. Was that the year they added the fins on the back and widened the white-walls? :) ... equal opportunity heretic. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Tony Iannotti Area: Thelema To: Doug Plexico 22 Nov 94 07:59:10 Subject: Crowley on CDROM? UpdReq DP> After an initial setup of $500, each CD-ROM will cost DP> about $ 1.76 each. There is no need to purchase the DP> machine. That's not bad. Who are you using? Prentice Hall uses a place called FailSafe for their CDs. Of course, if they come down to $300, I would expect to see the end of CD duplication service bureaus as they are today. Did you see that Dvorak excerpt? Also, how do you currently get the 500MB or so to the service bureau? Good removeable optical might cost as much as the Pinnacle RCD. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Tim Maroney 20 Nov 94 16:27:00 Subject: Re: Fancy seeing YOU her UpdReq TM>It's nice to see you as well. It's clear that you've done a great deal of TM>work refining your views and understandings, and I find your exhortations to TM>skepticism entirely admirable. Don't pin your hopes on anyone heeding them, TM>though! To most people any religion -- inlcuding Thelema -- is a source of TM>comfortable certainties.... I've done a lot of maturing since last you and I met on this network. I have experienced magickal order politics from the inside, and that "scared me solitary" for life. I am convinced that my true work in advancing the 93 Current...which did not begin with Crowley nor has it ossified after his death...is to be done person to person, with the most important person on the list being myself. I am right now in a period of magickal dormancy, having stopped active magickal work to get my emotional act together. I did a talismanic working that went wrong, but which actually worked out for the best because it dug some very important emotional garbage up from under my denial and suppression, and I am now dealing with this garbage in therapy. Israel Regardie was very wise in advising people who wish to learn magick to be in therapy for at least a year previous, and to continue therapy while doing the work. There are too many "magickal casualties" out there without me joining them. Just because you turn on higher circuits doesn't mean you are emotionally prepared to handle them. Dig, for example, the sad cases of Frater Achad, and of Dr. Jack Parsons. And arguably, the case of Uncle Al himself. I think a lot of my perspective has also come from a shift in my friendships. I now have more friends in the arts (music, animation, visual art) than I do friends who are magick folk. Back in 1991 or so this wasn't the case. And also, my teacher has steered me away from ODing on Crowley towards Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu. They had an idea of what Thelema was all about millenia before Crowley was even conceived. Great typing at you again! 93, --.\\<-H-- michelle.hass@ledge.com * SLMR 2.1a * All who seek Dao will find it in time -- Lao Tzu 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Tim Maroney 20 Nov 94 16:39:02 Subject: Re: 10 = 1 discussion UpdReq TM> MH> I don't know which Thelemites you've been hanging out with, TM> MH> but as for myself I do *not* see Liber AL as being exempt TM> MH> from critical analysis. [...] There is, to my mind, TM> MH> no such thing as an infallable document that can be held up TM> MH> and say "Aiwaz said it, I believe it, that settles it." TM>When you first decided to be a Thelemite some TM>years ago, your entire pole of thinking seemed to realign into terms inspire TM>by AL, with no particular doubts about the validity of TM>concepts like "struggle TM>against the minions of Osiris" and such like. I'm not TM>saying this to embarass TM>you. I went through the same thing during the early 1980's myself We all grow, and if we don't, we die. But Goddess, I _am_ embarrased by some of my proclamations. I think that some of it also had to do with feeling surrounded by enemies in the waning days of the Bush administration. And watch out...the Republicans have taken over Congress and the Senate, and Hoor protect us all against them and their fundie inspired agenda. TM>Unfortunately, I don't think most people make that jump, especially when the TM>get involved with a group situation where there are powerful social pressure TM>holding the mind in that shape. In fact, in my case, the group actually TM>created the problem; before then, I thought of myself as a student of TM>Crowley's corpus, and the Book of the Law as one minor part of that corpus. TM>The initiation I went through and the study program I was assigned, includin TM>memorization of the first chapter, led me into a way of thinking that was TM>alien to my normal mode, and which stuck for as long as I felt it was TM>necessary to try to advance within the group. I'm by no means proud of this TM>and I'm not saying it to criticize the group or to displace responsibility. TM>I'm using it to illustrate the psychological process by which membership in TM>group can influence one's beliefs and keep them locked into TM>a particular mold. I think in a lot of respects the need to belong to magickal groups or orders is something one needs to transcend to fully appreciate where the Current is taking us. Group work might be useful at one time in ones evolution, but it is not a necessity and sometimes it even gets in the way. TM>Both you and I are solitaries and so we are less subject to such social TM>pressures. Not surprisingly, we also appear to be the two people here most TM>concerned with the idea of skepticism towards Crowley, though I'm sure the TM>others will reluctantly chime in with some lip service and then go back to TM>assuming without question that the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim) is the ultimate TM>model of spiritual progression and that the world is in a New Aeon which was TM>proclaimed by the word of Aiwass. I find it sad, but I don't know what I ca TM>do about it except write messages like this one, which I know will be ignore TM>or demonized by those who need to hear them most. One thing though...I still do thing that we are in a new period of human history, but it started well before Crowley's birth (more like the late 1700s) and there were intimations of this evolutionary surge even millenia previous to Crowley, like the writings of Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu, for example. The last surge of this type happened roughly 6,000 years ago, when the nomadic herdsman tribes swooped into the High Neolithic towns and villages, displacing the egalitarian and gynocentric lifestyle with one of a domination and androcentric culture. And this is not the end of the surge. We have a lot of learning still to do. Myself included. --.\\<-H-- michelle.hass@ledge.com * SLMR 2.1a * All who seek Dao will find it in time -- Lao Tzu 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Michael Aquino Area: Thelema To: Michelle Hass 19 Nov 94 08:51:02 Subject: Re: Stargate (2 of 4) UpdReq MH> I thought the ventilation shaft in question was oriented to view the MH> star Sirius. I gather that it lines up to Orion if you dial the sky back to 2600 BCE. Thanks for the account of Chiniginish. I became fascinated with the various California Indian cultures as a teenager, because of my very active involvement in the Order of the Arrow, a Boy Scout activity specializing in Indian dancing, regalia, pageantry, etc. Of course it focused on the "nice" side of things, not Buffie St. Marie. But it leave me with a lasting respect for California's original inhabitants. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Walter Five Area: Thelema To: All 21 Nov 94 16:58:58 Subject: More AC Bull. UpdReq From: walter5@brewich.com (Walter Five) Newsgroups: pod.thelema Subject: More AC Bull. mummu@brewich.com (Jams) writes: > Christeos.Pir@f3.n1000.z31.fidonet.org (Christeos Pir) writes: > > > Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > > > > Which reminds me, Dr. Aquino... did you really say, as he attributes to > > you, upon the occasion of the decision in the OTO/SOTO court case: > > > > "While sitting in the courtroom watching Judge Legge preside sternly > > over the slug-out, I couldn't help wondering if he had any idea he was > > ruling on which group had legal claim to anal sex as the supreme > > religious sacrament in the United States." > > > > Love is the law, love under will. > > > > - Christeos Pir > > Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, > > Is there anything particularly wrong with AC engaging in anal sex? I do > it all the time and find it to be a wonderful thing. why is this > considered to be BS? > > Love is the law, love under will. Well, the point is that Dr. Aquino's comment, (and I've heard a few others concerning the 11th Degree) is trite and flippant. The 11th Degree (which is inscrutable, and dwells in its own Houses, currently outside the perview of the Order) is like many other High Mysteries--easily misunderstood and misrepresented by the profane. Now, I'm not calling Dr. Aquino Profane, mind you, he claims the Title of Ippissimus, but he's not in the O.T.O., although he was a friend of our Past Master Hymenaeus Alpha, who appearantly thought he had some interesting insights, to which I'll quickly agree. Anal sex is but *part* of the mystery of the 11th Degree, which I have heard the good Doctor describe as "You Pork someone, make a Wish, and it comes true." This quote is also rather trite and flippant, if true, and shows what I feel to be a misunderstanding of the principals of Sex Magick. BTW, the 11th Degree "technically" isn't a homosexual one. I know of at least one female candidate papered by H.A. to the 11th Degree. The 11th Degree *is* inactive, though. There are no currently chartered 11th Degree Initiators within the Order, and H.B. has not been initiated into this degree, so I'm not sure that he *could* charter its reactivation if he wanted to--how can one charter or award a degree that one has not been recieved? Blessed Beast! Walter Five P.S. Mummu--Apotheosis Camp meetings now take place the first Sunday of every month! E-Mail me for details! ------------------ walter5@brewich.com (Walter Five) Origin: The Brewers' Witch BBS -- Houston, TX -- +1 713 272 7350 3 lines 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718