From: Christeos Pir Area: Thelema To: Josh Norton 6 Aug 93 21:02:52 Subject: Re: multiple truths UpdReq -=> Josh Norton sent a message to Frater Almost on 03 Aug 93 13:10:06 <=- -=> Re: Re: multiple truths <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. JN> Eat your grass, o cows. It's what you're supposed to do. My, my. Having an off week? Oh, and... MU! BTW, I'm still working on the ms of "Son of..." -- I do have some minor points that came to mind while reading the first part, and much of the second (Chapter 3) is beyond my experiences, but by-and-large it reads pretty well. As I've said before, I don't always agree with your conclusions, but then I haven't got anywhere _near_ the number of hours of flight time you've logged! I also had an exquisitely detailed, though fleeting, vision while reading it: The tablets are like a Japanese puzzle-box (or Pinhead's ), the pieces of which are the names of the "Governors". When the whole thing is put together, we see the names of the various angels, etc., as we're used to seeing them (OROIBAHAOZPI, etc.). Calling on the "Governors" or Divine divisions of the world (universe?) is like pushing on one of those pieces, which in my vision then glided out for examination/use in a manner reminiscent of the scene in 2001 where Bowman disables HAL, and were shaped in the forms of their sigils. This whole scene was shown superimposed on a view of the sky, which I understood to be showing that our physical world is on the surface of a Magickal or Spiritual hypersphere. A few moments later, I was also "told" or shown that another way of looking at the difference between, and interplay of, the two (the tablets and the "Governors") is in whether we look down (at the earth) or look up (at the sky)... ie, whether we concentrate on the elemental aspect or on the Spiritual* aspect. [* As you point out, they're both Spiritual, as pertaining to a `higher level of energy' than the manifested world. I used "Spiritual" as opposed to "elemental" in the above simply to differentiate between the `matter' and `energy' aspects of the Spiritual.] Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... yea, into the mighty sea. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Richard Kaczynski Area: Thelema To: Titus Vandessel 6 Aug 93 10:53:42 Subject: The G.D. UpdReq > I was under the impression that AC was asked to leave the GD by > Mathers, due to his publication of the GD rituals, thereby > breaking his oath. Mathers filed a lawsuit over the matter, > which he lost, & the GD splintered thereafter. Well, it's kind of a "You can't quit, you're fired" situation. Crowley dumped Mathers in 1901, a year after the big G.D. blowup. Around 1904, when Crowley received the Book of the Law and, on a small scale, denounced Mathers as having lost touch with the Secret Chiefs and engaging in a magical war against their new representative (Crowley, of course), Mathers threatened to sue for libel and officially expelled Crowley...3-4 years after they originally split. Crowley's publication of the G.D. rituals didn't happen until 1909-1910, which included more litigation with Mathers. By then, much of the G.D. had fallen into abeyance. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718