From: Crat Area: Thelema To: Josh Norton 18 Sep 92 09:18:00 Subject: Traffic UpdReq JN>In examining my own contacts with the divine will, I've come to the JN>tentative conclusion that only two things are really necessary to gain JN>such contact: JN>1) A sincere and _whole-hearted_ urge to serve in the creative JN>activities of the Great Work. (This constitutes an invocation in the JN>most essential form. It needn't even be formalized into a ceremony.) ... JN>Given these, expressed over a sufficient length of time, I can almost JN>guarantee that a person will attain some contact with the divine will. JN>The rest of magick is just a distraction, something to keep our JN>compulsively-active minds occupied while the process takes place. This sounds suspiciously like the Catholic saints (remembering that most of them worked outside of the church and were only canonized once dead and no longer dangerous :) ). With this train of thought you run the risk of being declared anathema in the occult world as you hereby reject the need for "guidance" or "leading". Are you sure that you're up to the criticism? On a more serious level, I will agree that certain individuals can reach understanding of the "divine will" by themselves, but I do not accept that everyone is blessed with that ability. Some of us seek out guidance to avoid the unnecessary pitfalls. By going it alone, one risks becomming corrupted or lost in one's own fantasies rather than reaching the HGA. ___ X OLX 2.1 TD X It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718