From: Kreizenski Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 4 May 92 18:58:04 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq SC>> "Women are like toilet paper- they should be used for SC>> one's comfort and convenience, and then put where they SC>> belong"; I'm still waiting to find a rabid feminist I can SC>> use that one on. :-)] Oh great. Make sure I see that one, though. From behind 10 feet of glass, that is. SC>> Seriously, though, Crowley doesn't seem to have the right attitude about SC>> women even when fanatically espousing their virtues. In SC>> fact, it is precisely for this reason he is missing the SC>> point- he is treating women as goddesses, while ignoring SC>> them as people. Seeing women as holy may not be off-base, SC>> but it is dehumanizing if that's all one sees. I'm not so sure that was limited to women. I think that works with both sexes, for he would scream loudly of the wonders of humanity, and cry out at the stupidity and insensibility of people in the next breath. I think he and I have something in common there. We both view humanity at large as wonderous and beautiful. Yet have absolutely no respect for 90% of the people in our day to day lives. Kreizenski * OLX 2.2 * ... the rest is Silen: [Broken off by crashing cymbals] 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Cuups Area: Thelema To: Paul Hume 4 May 92 05:04:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq PH>Actually, you have not drifted all that far from the Thelema topic, for when PH>you mention the need for strong images of Deity as Male and PH>Female, you describe a specific aspect of Thelema. The PH>ecstatic union of opposites, or polar complements, is a PH>pivotal concept of Thelema. Nuit and Hadit, and in a more PH>manifest current, Therion and Babalon. Always with a PH>third, unifying/balancing principle which arises from that PH>union (Ra-Hoor-Khuit or more appropriatelyl Heru-Ra-Ha, PH>and Aiwass, respectively). Are Heru-Ra-Ha and Aiwass separate entities or are they different terms for the same? PH>A trinity, but not trinitarian. ie. the three poles are PH>not coequal, but arise dynamically, the two giving rise to PH>the one (and the one PH>moving inexorably to None - ie. to the Ain Soph of PH>qabalism, the infinite, which is both 0 and without limit). In xianity, the Holy Spirt "proceeds from the Father and the Son" (Nicene Creed). In other words, the Holy Spririt is the product of the interaction and love between the Father and the Son, which is so great that it produces a separate third entity, equal to the first two. PH>The personification of the Divine within everything that lives is another PH>crucial concept in Thelema, which partakes of pantheism in PH>that regard (God is in everything, everything is of God). PH>"Every man and every woman is a star," f'rinstance. In PH>the specifically magical application of Thelema (shared PH>with the western mystery tradition that is one of its PH>parents), there is the constant goal of the magician's PH>study: the union with the "Holy Guardian Angel," the God PH>within the incarnate being. Or all the incarnate beings that collectively comprise God/dess. Remember, the Divine depends on us as much as we depend on her. PH>PS - while I could do without the extreme right myself, it seems a PH>bit strong to suggest that the PC nonsense is their creation, PH>spread by nefarious agents provocateurs among the liitle PH>children of liberal light. If there is right-wing PH>involvement, it is more akin to the liberal left being PH>nitwitted enough to try and fight using the weapons of the PH>foe (repression, elevation of the concensus, control of PH>speech) rather than keeping the principle of freedom as PH>the guiding light. I might as well blame an opponent in PH>physical combat for making me stupid enough to fight his PH>way, rather than my way. "Ha! No fair! You made me box PH>with you instead of using aikido. Your fault, etc." I suppose you are right there. But I still think that PC is totally overblown by both the right wing and the media, which I have the feeling is becoming more and more coopted by the right wing. Instances of the left using repression and control of speech to force their opinions on individuals are nowhere near the level that the right wing was using in the late '40s and early '50s. I haven't heard of any McCarthys on the left. The few instances where this is occurring is being used by the right very skillfully. Maybe the liberals need to get meaner and tougher, but then they'll be accused of all kinds of nasty things by the right. Hopefully, right now we are at the nadir of this, but we'll just have to see. ___ X SLMR 2.0 X Jesus saves...Passes to Moses...He shoots...He scores!!! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Cuups Area: Thelema To: Vitriol 4 May 92 05:04:08 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq Every man and every woman is a star. I know that this is a very important law in Thelema, because I see it so often quoted on this echo. To me, it goes without saying. We are all important, male and female equally. We are each of us, our own universe, billions of universes existing within this one universe of which we are conscious, which is probably one of billions of other universes existing within even greater universes, ad infinitum. Just like the tree falling in the woods, if a star shines and there is no one there to see it, is it still shining? Jesus said, you don't put your light under a bushel basket. You let it shine so it can illuminate all that are there to see and experience. We all are stars, but many of us are veiled, or under the bushel basket. We must be unveiled, along with the rest of the "company of heaven" so we can send the blinding light of billions of stars throughout this universe so bright that all the other universes will take notice. "And the Goddess saw every thing that she had made, and, behold, it was very good." Every number is infinite, there is no difference. Cuups |-(* ___ X SLMR 2.0 X Every man and every woman is a star 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: Thelema To: Kreizenski 27 Apr 92 18:24:00 Subject: Re: RE: Neophite me Sent UpdReq In a message dated 26 Apr 92 05:44:12, Kreizenski wrote: K> Or as we say in our (soon-to-be camp) K> "Do what thou wilt, and ONLY what thou wilt" I like it! Mind if I use it on my members? :) K> Refering to the fact that the farther you go along, the more K> detrimental to your progress it is to do something that you truly do not K> Most people just don't understand how the options become fewer and K> fewer, and yet you'd have it no other way.... While your world becomes K> larger and larger, the questions grow more and more, and the search goes K> on.... K> Kreizenski Really...when a Magician say's: "I have no other choice" it is best to believe him/her. K> * OLX 2.2 * It LOOKS like an HGA, smells like an HGA.... but, NAW!! HAHAHA! WHat a tag-line! Love is the Law. Gerald ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: Thelema To: Michelle Hass 28 Apr 92 20:40:00 Subject: Re: RE: Neophite me Sent UpdReq In a message dated 27 Apr 92 04:27:12, Michelle Hass wrote: GD> Unfortunately, your GD> friend is right to a degree about many people's GD> interpretation of the Law. Do what thou wilt is not a GD> license to dick people around, or to be inconciderate- GD> irresponsible...but many interpret it that way. Once they GD> find out that NOT what it is, and that it intails GD> discipline, they leave: it's a weeding out process that GD> seem's to work moderately well. MH> 93! Hiya Michelle! Good to see ya back on-line. Do what thou Wilt. MH> I am reminded of the words of Uncle Al himself in regards to the MH> Right Conduct required in Thelemic society, and how he found MH> so few people were accepting of such conduct. MH> "You should treat everybody as a King of MH> the same order as yourself. Of course, MH> nine people out of ten won't stand it, MH> not for a minute; the mere fact of your MH> treating them decently frightens them; MH> their sense of inferiority is exacerbated MH> and intensified; they insist on grov- MH> elling. That places them. They force you MH> to treat them as the mongrel curs they MH> are; and so everyone is happy!" MH> --Magick Without Tears, MH> Pg. 293, (Letter 46) Sad but true of most of the mundane world...and much of the "enlightened" clicks as well. MH> You give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove MH> themselves otherwise. The weeding out process is ideally an MH> organic process, a Tao-based process. Doing the right thing MH> might be hard sometimes, but it is its own reward. Well said. The organic process turns unwanted material into compost: hopefully it comes back "new and improved" ;^) MH> Beauty and Balance, Will and Love, Love is the Law. Gerald ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vere Chappell Area: Thelema To: Parzival 4 May 92 14:50:52 Subject: ALMOST QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT Sent UpdReq Coming to you from L.V.X. Camp in Los Angeles, California: It was a bit scary there, for a while... but we're all OK and things seem to be quieting down now for a while. On a practical note, although we escaped injury and damage ourselves, there are long lines almost everywhere; gasoline prices are up, double in some areas; stores are poorly stocked (we went to several different places to find bread on Saturday); etc. But hey, we knew everything must be ok since they showed Cosby instead of the news one night! (sarcastic laugh). Actually, I have a police scanner and things are a helluva lot less organized than they would have you believe as far as the cops are concerned. The best organized people are the news media! Thanks for your concern; we'll keep you updated. 93 93/93 -- vere 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: Thelema To: Paul Hume 4 May 92 17:22:22 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq In a message dated 2 May 92 21:53:39, Paul Hume wrote: PH> I've always heard it (YHVH) explicated as "He who is." A form of the PH> verb "to be, " in fact. Wouldn't: "He who is, was and is to come" fit better for IHVH? Gerald ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Steven Craig Area: Thelema To: Mike Pfeiffer 5 May 92 12:14:16 Subject: Re: THELEMA 101 Sent UpdReq MP> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. MP> Just to butt in, I thought that Adonai was the MP> Hebrew word meaning Lord, adopted because you're MP> not supposed to say God's name. This is similar to In contemporary Judaism, you are perfectly correct. However, Adonai is a much deeper concept in Qabalistic/magickal thought. It stands as a quite involved magickal formula, with lots and lots of funstuff attatched. MP> As for Aton, I don't know about semitic fire gods, but it seems that MP> Adonai, Adam (as the original wand-bearer (male)), MP> and atom (as the primal yod) are cognate, even MP> though I know that Atom is a greek word meaning MP> that which cannot be cut. Funny stuff, language. Quite possible; I know that the Greek "Adonis" comes from Adonai; I don't know about the others. 93 93/93, Steve 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Cuups Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 5 May 92 05:05:00 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq SC> I can assure you that 666 is a number most un-Christian, but I would SC>consider it neither more evil nor dangerous than any SC>number. The basic meaning of the number is that of the SC>deification of humanity. Six is a solar number, and that SC>attributed to the sphere of Tiphareth on the Tree of Life, SC>to which is attributed the idea of Christ, the higher self, SC>etc. Thus, 666 is the formula by which the individual SC>realizes their "Christ-potential" (aka the knowledge & SC>conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel), and then becomes SC>extended fully into divinity (i.e. the trinity). Of SC>course, wo/man elevating hirself to godhood is bona fide SC>bad stuph from a Christian perspective, but it is the whole SC>idea behind magickal thought. SC> It is also interesting that the Hebrew letter Vav has the numerical value SC>of 6. Vav literally means "nail", and it is the "Son" of SC>Tetragrammaton (YHVH), who is Christ, who redeems the SC>"Daughter" (final Heh, the human personality). The Bible SC>makes a specific point that Christ was crucified with SC>nails, rather than ropes (as was usually the case), and SC>specifically mentions that there were three such nails SC>used. Vav Vav Vav. 6 6 6. I was just concerned by the fact that in Revelations "666" is the number of the beast, which would be the devil or his/her agent. I understand that it is a very prominent number in Satanism, and I just want to be assured that once I get more deeply into Thelema I won't be hit with Satanism. You have to understand that I was taught that's how Satanists work, they draw you in with kindness and love and the next thing you know, you're signing that piece of parchment in blood. ;-) Anyway, thanks for the bit of information on these various numbers. However, now that I am meditating on law I;4, what's the difference? Blessed be in 93 Cuups |-(* SC> Incidentally, Crowley's "777" is a must-have if you plan SC>to work with Qabalah in-depth; it is probably the most SC>valuable reference text on my shelf of magick books SC>(although I use the thing so much it rarely is on the SC>shelf... :-) ) SC> 93 93/93, SC> Steve SC>--- Maximus 2.00 SC> * Origin: Cat House - Washington D.C. (703) 525-1731 (1:109/155) ___ X SLMR 2.0 X The Letter Killeth, But the Spirit Giveth Life 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Cuups Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 5 May 92 05:05:02 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq SC> I agree with you completely, so long as one doesn't have SC>progress impeded by getting stuck on the personifications, SC>rather than what they represent. "Gods" make wonderful SC>hooks upon which to hang abstracts, but I think it is SC>rather silly to concern yourself more with the glass than SC>with the wine inside. How true. There is certainly nothing wrong with drinking your wine out of whatever vessel you may have at hand. And if there is no vessel at hand, drink right out of the bottle! Blessed be in 93 Cuups |-(* ___ X SLMR 2.0 X Jesus saves...Passes to Moses...He shoots...He scores!!! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Steven Craig Area: Thelema To: Kreizenski 6 May 92 00:46:30 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq K> I think he and I have something in common there. K> We both view humanity K> at large as wonderous and beautiful. Yet have K> absolutely no respect for K> 90% of the people in our day to day lives. Man, that's scary. You may not be aware that the Gematria of your name and AC's "St. Aaaalister" both add to 387. There is no doubt in my mind that you are indeed the next incarnation of The Master Therion (he who once took upon his sublime lips the motto of Perdurabo, whom was also the Beast, whose Law was Love, whose number was 666). You undoubtedly see where all of this is leading- I firmly believe that the next step in ushering in the aeon is to rally forth everyone here to get you immediately raised to the XIIo of the O.'.T.'.O.'., so you may continue your Great Work from a proper perspective, Oh Beloved Master Therion. The Aeon Awaits! (Incidentally, Your Beastship, I dearly hope I do not fall into the dreaded 90% of people whom are not in thy favor, oh Lord 666!) 93 93/93*, Steve * 93 is a registered trademark of St. Aaaalister and all related incarnations. All rights reserved. Do what thou wilt, except where prohibited by Law. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Steven Craig Area: Thelema To: Cuups 6 May 92 00:58:20 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq C> I was just concerned by the fact that in C> Revelations "666" is the number C> of the beast, which would be the devil or his/her C> agent. I understand C> that it is a very prominent number in Satanism, C> and I just want to be C> assured that once I get more deeply into Thelema I won't be hit with C> Satanism. You have to understand that I was C> taught that's how Satanists C> work, they draw you in with kindness and love and the next thing you C> know, you're signing that piece of parchment in blood. ;-) Admittedly, some of the symbology in Thelemic magick may be considered "Satanic" from a Christian perspective (i.e. the use of the Beast & Scarlet Woman as archetypes), I think that the last thing that any self-respecting Thelemite wants to do is lure you into Demonic Subjugation. "Do what thou wilt", and let the next person do likewise. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of white-light-and-sweetness pagans/magickians (as well as the Christians) would label me as a "Satanist" or some such nonsense, and frankly I don't care. I may deal with dark or intense symbols at times, but I do not impose my views on others, nor do I try to influence them forcefully to "truth"- both of these are bigger indicators to me of black magick than what names you invoke or what coloured robes you wear. C> work, they draw you in with kindness and love and the next thing you C> know, you're signing that piece of parchment in blood. ;-) Among other things! ;-) C> Anyway, thanks for the bit of information on these various numbers. C> However, now that I am meditating on law I;4, what's the difference? There is an excellent essay on this in "777" which I will post quotes from the next time I'm on; I am currently about out of time. 93 93/93, Steve 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Cuups Area: Thelema To: Tim Maroney 6 May 92 05:06:00 Subject: RE: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq TM>That's completely wrong. Crowley's time was more feminist than this one, an TM>women made more progress and more sacrifices during that time than they have TM>in the last few decades. Where is it that people get this strange idea tha TM>the women's movement started in the 1970's? You are right, women of that period made many sacrifices. For all intents and purposes, they totally sacrificed their lives for their men. While women made some progress during that period, particularly during WWII, when they had to work in the factories to produce war goods, many of those gains were wiped out after the men came home and expected their women to be back in the house doing their "wifely duties". You're also talking about the age of back-alley abortions, an age which may be returning soon. Some of the important first steps of women's liberation were taken during that period, to be sure, but those seeds didn't bring real fruit until the '70s. ___ X SLMR 2.0 X None are equal if one is unequal. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Steven Craig Area: Thelema To: Cuups 6 May 92 17:01:32 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq C> Are Heru-Ra-Ha and Aiwass separate entities or are they different terms C> for the same? They are in fact quite different. Heru-Ra-Ha is a title of Horus (the hawk-headed child of Isis and Osiris) in his most balanced aspect. It is comprised of a fusion between Ra-Hoor-Khuit (the avenging war-god represented in Chapter 3 of Liber AL) and Har-Poor-Kraat (or Harpocrates), the childlike god of silence; he thus represents the extremes of activity and passivity in one form. Aiwass, on the other hand, is the name of the entity who delivered the Book of the Law (supposedly) to AC, and was also a name of Crowley's Holy Guardian Angel. Some Thelemic ritual uses the name Aiwass, but I recommend substituting the name of one's _own_ Holy Guardian Angel, if this is known. I do not necessarily agree with Paul's comment that Aiwass is the result of the union between Therion & Babalon (the Beast & Scarlet Woman). I view these archetypes as universal to any Thelemite, wherein Aiwass is a name specific to Crowley. Perhaps Paul would care to elucidate? C> In xianity, the Holy Spirt "proceeds from the Father and the Son" C> (Nicene Creed). In other words, the Holy Spririt is the product of the C> interaction and love between the Father and the Son, which is so great C> that it produces a separate third entity, equal to the first two. The same kind of trinity thinking is prevelant even in contemporary science. We can see the Father & Son as analagous to the observer and object under observation, respectively, with the Holy Spirit corresponding to the act of observation itself- the latter is possible only with the existence of the first two, but is in a sense the only "real" thing of the three. This is also quite similar to the idea of thesis-antithesis-synthesis. 93 93/93, Steve 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Cuups 5 May 92 23:28:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq RE: The unveiling of the company of heaven. I concur with your feeling on this one. ... =+=Vitriol=+= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Kreizenski 5 May 92 23:32:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq -=> Kreizenski sent a message to Cuups on 05-03-92 01:14 <=- -=> Re: Thelema 101 <=- K> Jesus, or Yod He Shin Vau He YHSVH, is the pentagram, or the holy K> spirit risen above the four elements. Which is what inspired me to adopt IHPVH, IEPUE, as the Martial Pe of Horus in the Tetragrammaton, and short for "Ignis Elementum Purum Ultimum Est". ("Fire is the last pure element", the others having become tainted.) ... =+=Vitriol=+= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Paul Hume 5 May 92 23:35:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq -=> Paul Hume sent a message to Vitriol on 05-02-92 21:34 <=- -=> Re: Thelema 101 <=- PH> According to my copy of Gesenius (edited by Tregelles): PH> Cheth-Nun-Vau-Kaph (sofit, ie. final Kaph). Which does NOT add up to 84, obviously. PH> Interestingly, the actual meaning of the word is given as "initiated" PH> or "initiating." Very interesting. PH> The usual crapola from Tregelles is appended to Gesenius original ... PH> authority of God in the New Testament, that he was a prophet and that PH> he uttered the prophecy recorded in Jude 12..." Yeah, one can read through the junk to get to the important stuff, but it does get pretty tiresome. ... =+=Vitriol=+= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Paul Hume 5 May 92 23:37:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq -=> Paul Hume sent a message to Cuups on 05-02-92 21:53 <=- -=> Re: Thelema 101 <=- PH> both in Genesis. ALHIM (Elohim) being the first reference to the PH> Divine, in the first sentence of the Torah. And if memory serves, a feminine plural termination of a masculine noun. ... =+=Vitriol=+= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Cuups 5 May 92 23:49:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq -=> Cuups sent a message to Michelle Hass on 05-03-92 05:03 <=- -=> Thelema 101 <=- C> What is 93 and why the importance? In the Hebrew alphabet, each letter is also a number. This gave rise to one of the forms of Qabalah, where the numbers of a word were added and compared to other words of the same number to see what knowledge could be deduced. 93 is the Qabalistic number of both agape, love, and thelema, will. "Love is the law, love under will." "do what thou wilt...", etc. C> While I'm on the Cabal, I went to the bookstore yesterday to look at C> their Crowley collection. I came across a book which title escapes me, C> but it had "777" in the title. While leafing through the book, I this is probably the book I mentioned to you as a good one to get if you were interested in pursuing Qabalah. C> noticed that "666" was featured prominently therein. This has been C> bothering me all night. I've always believed "666" to be an evil, C> dangerous number. I would just like to know what the meaning of "666" C> is in Qabalism and Thelema. Of course, traditionally ANYTHING other than the established party line of Xianity was evil and dangerous (those who think for themselves, for instance), from the rival ancient deities (Astarte, Baal-Zebub, Set-Hen) to the "wickedest man alive" (old creepy Crowley hisself). 666 is the enumeration of many different ideas: Aleister Crowley Neteru (Egy: the Gods) Sum (Latin: I am) Quetzalcoatl Prometheus Vitriol Therion Savitri etc. It is also the sum of the numbers 1-36, and a mystical number of the Divine Solar influence. ... =+=Vitriol=+= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Cuups 6 May 92 00:07:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq -=> Cuups sent a message to Vitriol on 05-04-92 05:04 <=- -=> Thelema 101 <=- C> Every man and every woman is a star. C> I know that this is a very important law in Thelema, because I see it C> so often quoted on this echo. To me, it goes without saying. We are all C> important, male and female equally. We are each of us, our own C> universe, billions of universes existing within this one universe of C> which we are conscious, which is probably one of billions of other C> universes existing within even greater universes, ad infinitum. And all these universes are continuous! (See below) Ok, this is one of my faves, and I've already bored everyone else with my revelations on this verse, so now it's your turn. ;-) Every man \ Every woman \ Every man and woman (couple) \ *A* star, The same one All men / All women / All men and women / It's not something that can be rationally understood. It must be grasped intuitively, like a Koan. Star = 270 (= INRI = Jesus Nazaraeus Rex Judaeorum, Igni Natura Revovata Integra, Intra Nobis Regnum DeI, Isis Natura RegIna, etc; also = Ars (Latin: Art), Aleph, Eleutheria (Greek: Freedom), Ra, Levers (in Hb.) Star also = 666 C> Just like the tree falling in the woods, if a star shines and there is C> no one there to see it, is it still shining? If it's self-aware, yeah. C> Jesus said, you don't put C> your light under a bushel basket. You let it shine so it can C> illuminate all that are there to see and experience. We all are stars, C> but many of us are veiled, or under the bushel basket. We must be C> unveiled, along with the rest of the "company of heaven" so we can send C> the blinding light of billions of stars throughout this universe so C> bright that all the other universes will take notice. "And the Goddess C> saw every thing that she had made, and, behold, it was very good." I personally am less concerned with showing others, than with simply doing what I do. As Alan Watts said, "As the ocean waves, the universe peoples." (And I might not be a glowing star. I could be a pulsar, or even a black hole.) Another thing about stars is that they tend to have a prescribed orbit, or path. If I am interfering with another star, as opposed to interacting with them, then I am most likely not in my own orbit, like a river trying to flow upstream! And, of course, there is the bit about all of us being of equal divine worth (and not in some unknown later state, but Here and Now.) ... =+=Vitriol=+= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: Thelema To: Cuups 6 May 92 00:17:00 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq Every number is infinite; there is no difference. "This is a great and holy mystery. Although each star has its own number, each number is equal and supreme. Every man and every woman is not only a part of God, but the Ultimate God. Each one of us is the One God. [Like is said in my post on the previous verse. -V.] This can only be under- stood by the initiate; one must acquire certain high states of conscious- ness to appreciate it. Each "Star" is directly connected with every other star, and the Space being Without Limit (Ain Soph), the Body of Nuit, any one star is as much the Centre as any other." -A.C. Each of the stars of Heaven fills it with its Light, and each is infinitely bright, yet Space is not filled, nor do they overlap. We are simultaneous in Spacetime. "Nothingness with twinkles." She is not extended. In a line of infinite length, each and every point is the midpoint. Thus also for a sphere: each of us is the center (actually, our Hadits are the center(s), and the circumference is Not to be found. ... =+=Vitriol=+= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 4 May 92 05:04:06 Subject: Re: RE: Neophite me Sent UpdReq On 04-29-92 Steven Craig wrote to Michelle Hass... 93! SC> "The slaves shall serve" sounds like distasteful |Machievellan ranting at SC> first, but it is truly frightening how hard most people SC> will fight to put their chains back on if you try to take SC> them off. Actually it's "the slaves will serve..." and I think that Hadit meant it as a lament of current circumstance rather than a command for the future. The slaves will serve whether you tell them they're free or not. They'll serve regardless of your hopes that they'll break their chains and be a free person like Us Thelemites. Then again I don't think any of us are entirely free of their chains.... SC> but it is none the less SC> frustrating when I see someone acting in a manner which (in SC> my eyes) is making them miserable.... Even when (in my case) that someone is MYSELF. I've got a long way to go on the Path...complicated with struggles with Depression and Panic. I'm working on it though. That's all you can do, y'know. Just continuing on the Great Work, keeping going to my therapist, and making progress bit by bit. Beauty and Balance, Will and Love, -.\\<-H- Hereticus Laetans 703 93/93 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * Doowhutchalike! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Gerald Del Campo 4 May 92 05:04:08 Subject: Re: RE: Neophite me Sent UpdReq 93, Gerald! GD> Perhaps some kind of networking between Thelemic GD> communities is in order? Any ideas what we can do to bring GD> open minded Thelemites together? Isn't this what THELEMA echo was supposed to do? Oh well... I think that group activities, initially of the more or less social sort, (brunches, field trips, parties) are a good way to start reaching out to each other. Our mutual friend Sor. Gaea has been doing this for years...she threw a Liber AL reading (with an improvised musical accompaniment, yet, by musically inclined friends!) brunch last month that brought OTO types, Thelemic GD types, almost all the C.'.M.'.T.'. co-conspirators and so on. It was a relaxed, fun and easy time for all. Of course, this can only happen in places where there's a lot of thelemoids around, like the So Cal area, fr'instance. I don't know what the magick scene is like up in OR...I wasn't really into it when I was last up there ('78 e.v.) and I was in the sticks...Mc Minnville was the nearest "big" town, and Portland was hours away. In the case of far flung pockets of thelemoids or cross-country networking, the Net is the only practical way to fly. It would be great if THELEMA echo was more the place to do it...I've never been on OASIS, not being an OTO member, so I don't know how that is. Beauty and Balance, Will and Love, -.\\<-H- Hereticus Laetans 703 93/93 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * If it's not Gritty Kitty, it stinks. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Vitriol 4 May 92 05:04:10 Subject: Re: RE: Neophite me Sent UpdReq On 05-01-92 Vitriol wrote to Michelle Hass... 93...ho! V > I agree. Too bad some of our LHP ^^^ WHAT? V >brethren and sistren (?!) don't see it that way. V > BTW, "A woman is just a woman..." is from Mark Twain. Thanks for the info...I remember it from some comedic revue about sexism in the Victorian Era that ran in LA for awhile... the name escapes me. It was a song title, and the song in question's refrain. Pity...I expected more from good ol' Sam Clemens. Aheecha, -.\\<-H- HL 703 93/93 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * Doowhutchalike! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Parzival 4 May 92 05:04:16 Subject: L.A. Sent UpdReq On 05-01-92 Parzival wrote to All... 93 Parzifal! P > Say... does this echo go to California? Does anyone know P > if/how the O.T.O. has been effected by the riots in L.A. P > and surrounding area? Well, I'm not OTO but some of my best friends are 8-) and I don't think any of them got any untoward grief from the riot other than the general sadness/anger/wariness that the decidedly weird circumstances generated. The verdict pissed me off. We all saw what we saw. No criminal (except a person who gets away with multiple rapes because his uncle is a Senator...get my drift...) no HUMAN BEING deserves the kind of treatment Rodney King got at the hands of the LAPD. The outrageous miscarriage of justice in the verdict did not make the rioting OK either. The vast majority of the damage was in largely Black or Latino areas (Panorama City wasn't in Southcentral but there was damage here...within 1/4 mile of Casa Hass, actually!) with the most damage happening in the very worst downtrodden areas of them all. By trashing your own 'hood, you stab yourself in the back. Damn straight. LA survives, though. And LA will bounce back. Bet on it. Beauty and Balance, Will and Love, -.\\<-H- 93/93 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * Doowhutchalike! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: Thelema To: Cuups 5 May 92 17:33:22 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq In a message dated 03 May 92 05:03:04, Cuups wrote: C> As for right now, I'm taking Liber 220 one step at a time (sounds like C> AA), so as not to overwhelm. The Beauty of Liber 220 is that it overwhelms. But then again, I'm a bit of a thrill seeker when it comes to magical pursuits. C> Blessed be C> Cuups |-(* And 93. Gerald ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Cuups 6 May 92 05:06:00 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq On 05-03-92 Cuups wrote to Michelle Hass... 93, Cuups! C > I'm going to have may questions while I go along, |but I'm going to go C > about this gradually, so I don't overload. I do have |a question in the C > Qabalistic vein. What is 93 and why the importance? 93 is the gematric reduction of the words "Thelema" (Free Will) and "Agape" (Spiritual Love) among other words that represent the Formula of the New Aeon that is in the process of emerging. The hallmark phrase of the New Aeon, the underlying law that is expounded in Liber AL vel Legis, is Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law, Love is the Law, Love under Will. The abbrev- iation that I and a great deal of my colleagues use in our messages and even in greetings, 93, is the Law abbreviated to its qabalistic shorthand. In messages, the whole phrase is often abbreviated to 93 (for "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law") at the top of the message before anything else is typed, and 93/93 (for "Love is the Law, Love under Will") at the end of the message. C > I've always believed "666" to be an evil, dangerous number. I C > would just like to know what the meaning of "666" is in C > Qabalism and Thelema. Well, I don't know what John the Evangelist meant by identifying the "antichrist" as 666, but in fact the number 666 also is the numerical breakdown of Ha'Shem Y'shua, the Hebrew phrase "The Name (The Logos, The Word) Jesus" which is what John actually first referred to Jesus as in his gospel. ("In the beginning was The Word. And the Word was with God, the Word was God."--John 1:1) It's mostly a Solar number...referring to the energy of the sun manifest on the earth. Aleister Crowley took the number as an act of rebellion against his Fundamentalist Christian parents, who saw their bright, unruly son as a little demon...a "beast" of a child. He kept the number and the motto "To Mega Therion" (The Great Beast in Greek) to further tweak the sensibilities of the public, a sport which he delighted in during his lifetime. The number also figured in a lot of coincidences in his life. C > I think I'm finding this out as I go along. I've had a |lot of these C > ideas floating around in my head for some time, and it |has been almost C > meditative to write these down. It certainly has made my C > thoughts a lot clearer for me. Again, and it bears repeating, the supreme arbiter of what Thelema truly means for you is YOU. And the best teacher of Thelema is your Deep Self. Beauty and Balance, Will and Love, Hereticus Laetans 703 93/93 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * Doowhutchalike! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Gerald Del Campo 6 May 92 05:06:02 Subject: Re: RE: Doing your Will Sent UpdReq On 04-28-92 Gerald Del Campo wrote to Michelle Hass... 93 and it was a duplicate message. Probably something going on on Mysteria's end...they're tuning up a new Maximus setup after a couple of years of running Remote Access, the (buggy) Wonder from Down Under. Oh well...sorry, guys! B&B, W&L HL703 93/93 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * If it's not Gritty Kitty, it stinks. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Paul Hume Area: Thelema To: Cuups 6 May 92 23:35:52 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq Cuups - Lesee, Steve already talked about the 666 thing. Heru-Ra-Ha is the result of the union of the poles at the "cosmic" level, the "God" level. Aiwass "wears two hats" in Thelema. He (?) was the Holy Guardian Angel of Crowley, thus his inspiration throughout his career, and the vehicle of Perdurabo, To Mega Therion, et al, the aspects of reality that manifested through Edward Alexander "Aleister" Crowley. Aiwass was also the Herald of the New Aeon, the Minister of Hoor-Pa-Kraat, and the one who dictated the Book of the Law to the Scribe (the aforementioned E.A. Crowley, Esq., c/o Boleskine House, Foyers, Inverness, Scotland). These are the "theological" aspects Aiwass in "orthodox" Thelema and I present them without comment. The difference, if it is not entirely an illusion "below the Abyss," between the HGA and the God comprised of all sentients, is that the HGA is the indivudual awareness of Divinity, though your interpretation also rings true since the awareness of the HGA is the springboard to identity with the Divine on a cosmic level, uniting all, ie. becoming one with (and transcending?) the universe of all being. In a sense, the "Vision of Adonai," the first awareness that God is within oneself, is the first step towards erasing the distinction between ME and THEM/IT/THOU etc. You never had some creep-moron in the 70's telling you how fucked you were for not agreeing with the Weathermen/Yippies/whomever 101%. I will grant you that peer pressure (and threats of violence for messing with the solidarity if "The Movement") is not on the same level of government sanctioned violence as McCarthy and HUAC (though if we look back a bit further, the Reign of Terror would qualify as state-sanctioned violence from the Left) but it was pretty effective when I was at college in 1970 and is probably not a lot better at college today (and the Movement-goons in question didn't have the administration on their side at the time). Paul 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Cuups Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 6 May 92 05:06:00 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq SC> I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of white-light-and-sweetness SC>pagans/magickians (as well as the Christians) would label SC>me as a "Satanist" or some such nonsense, and frankly I SC>don't care. I may deal with dark or intense symbols at SC>times, but I do not impose my views on others, nor do I SC>try to influence them forcefully to "truth"- both of these SC>are bigger indicators to me of black magick than what names SC>you invoke or what coloured robes you wear. I hope I'm not too much a the "white-light-and-sweetness" type, though I probably do lean that way. I'm just a bit uncomfortable about calling evil into one's prescence. There's enough of it around without having to invoke it. But I think we should move on to other subjects, but never forget "Do what thou wilt". BTW, I sincerely appreciate your input on these topics, it has been invaluable to me. SC> C> Anyway, thanks for the bit of information on these various numbers. SC> C> However, now that I am meditating on law I;4, what's the difference? SC> There is an excellent essay on this in "777" which I will SC>post quotes from the next time I'm on; I am currently about SC>out of time. Did I just put one right over your head? :-) Or did you just ignore that because you were out of time? Blessed be in 93 Cuups |-(* ___ X SLMR 2.0 X Sorry... my mind has a few bad sectors. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Cuups Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 6 May 92 05:06:06 Subject: The Master Therion Sent UpdReq In a message to Kreizenski on 5/5/92, Steven Craig wrote. SC> Man, that's scary. You may not be aware that the Gematria of your name an SC>AC's "St. Aaaalister" both add to 387. There is no doubt SC>in my mind that you are indeed the next incarnation of The SC>Master Therion (he who once took upon his sublime lips the SC>motto of Perdurabo, whom was also the Beast, whose Law was SC>Love, whose number was 666). SC> You undoubtedly see where all of this is leading- I SC>firmly believe that the next step in ushering in the aeon SC>is to rally forth everyone here to get you immediately SC>raised to the XIIo of the O.'.T.'.O.'., so you may continue SC>your Great Work from a proper perspective, Oh Beloved SC>Master Therion. The Aeon Awaits! SC> (Incidentally, Your Beastship, I dearly hope I do not SC>fall into the dreaded 90% of people whom are not in thy SC>favor, oh Lord 666!) SC> 93 93/93*, SC> Steve SC>* 93 is a registered trademark of St. Aaaalister and all SC>related incarnations. All rights reserved. Do what thou SC>wilt, except where prohibited by Law. ROFL!!!! The more I read this one, I can't stop laughing. This is amazing. (I hope this isn't making you big-headed.) All kidding aside, before I make an uninformed judgement, what it the O.T.O.? Obviously, from the echoes, a most controversial group. Blessed be in 93 Cuups |-(* ___ X SLMR 2.0 X None are equal if one is unequal. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Kreizenski Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 6 May 92 01:45:18 Subject: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq SC>> Man, that's scary. You may not be aware that the Gematria of your name SC>> AC's "St. Aaaalister" both add to 387. There is no doubt SC>> in my mind that you are indeed the next incarnation of The SC>> Master Therion (he who once took upon his sublime lips the SC>> motto of Perdurabo, whom was also the Beast, whose Law was SC>> Love, whose number was 666). SC>> You undoubtedly see where all of this is leading- I SC>> firmly believe that the next step in ushering in the aeon SC>> is to rally forth everyone here to get you immediately SC>> raised to the XIIo of the O.'.T.'.O.'., so you may continue SC>> your Great Work from a proper perspective, Oh Beloved SC>> Master Therion. The Aeon Awaits! SC>> (Incidentally, Your Beastship, I dearly hope I do not SC>> fall into the dreaded 90% of people whom are not in thy SC>> favor, oh Lord 666!) Steve, may you live forever in Glory. You just made me laugh for the first time all evening. Thank you so very very much. NEXT: Me, Aleister? < N O T ! ! ! ! > I've noticed lots of similiarities, but I think that most of them just due to the fact that I interpet his writing 'as I would see them'....... about the only thing we have in common is that we are both royal jerks. Kreizenski And if I am him... I don't want to know! * OLX 2.2 * Here boy.. here boy... now sit! ..Good little Crowley! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Frater Ehubi Area: Thelema To: Vitriol 5 May 92 08:13:06 Subject: Re: THELEMA 101 Sent UpdReq 93, Vitriol -- I have a somewhat different take on Hadit and Nuit than the matter/energy split which you have been discussing. As I see it, Nuit is the sum of all experience, from all viewpoints, throughout spacetime. She is the self-aware continuum. Hadit is each individual moment of unique awareness, each instant of consciousness. Had is the manifestation of Nuit in the very literal sense that if you combine every "being" of Had, what you have is Nuit. Similarly, Chapter II begins "Nu! The hiding of Hadit", because the totality of experience, the illusions of memory and of anticipation, mask or hide the individual space-time-point awareness which is Hadit. A bit further on in Chapter II, we find (paraphrasing, don't have AL handy) "In the circle, I am the center, and she the circumfrence is nowhere found; yet she shall be known and I never." Also, "...I am the worshipper". Hadit is unknown because it is Hadit doing the searching -- the eye cannot turn back on itself. Nuit is known because she is omnipresent. Each viewpoint -- Hadit -- sees a dualism: the Self, and the remainder of the Universe. Nuit's wisdom is to see a unity: All. That is why she says "...the pain of division is as nothing; the joy of dissolution, all". Division is an illusion from Nuit's perspective, but to Hadit it is the central fact of existence. I hope this makes sense. I find it to be a very satisfactory theology, with some interesting philosophical and spiritual implications. 93, Ehubi 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Frater Ehubi Area: Thelema To: Parzival 5 May 92 08:19:36 Subject: Re: L.A. Sent UpdReq 93, Parzival! Thanks for asking about us poor beseiged Thelemites down here in strife-torn Los Angeles. As Master of Baphomet Lodge, I can assure you that all lodge members are accounted for and healthy, nobody has lost any property, and in general the whole thing has been mostly a scary inconvenience. We were very concerned about one couple whose home is in the heart of the riot zone, but things have settled down and the nearest fire to them was four blocks away. Again, thanks for your concern, and I'll post an update if/when we get more information. 93, Ehubi 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mike Pfeiffer Area: Thelema To: Paul Hume 5 May 92 21:58:10 Subject: YOUR POSCRIPT RE: PC Sent UpdReq Hi. I don't belive we have conversed thus previously, but without endorsing or attcking the boxing/akido metaphor, I must take exception. That which has come to be called PC is about our speech rather than action. You can think what you like, put is is more polite to say, for example, African-American physically challenged Gay man than it is to say, for example, crippled nigger faggot. I think what we have is a complex interaction between linguistic biases (sexism being the most obvious) on one hand, and a tendency by the media and the government (as though these were separate critters) toward the most incredibly lame euphemism. The distinction I would propose is that nigger or faggot, while being offensive terms are at least honest attacks. Physically challenged is the latest euphemism for handicapped, itself a euphemism for cripple. The tendency toward regulating speech is present on both sides, the differnce being that the liberals won't let you say nigger, while conservatives want to make you say the pledge of allegiance. The label, POLITICALLY CORRECT, however, appears to have been if not actually coined by the LA Times (by conservative writers), certainly that is one of the big places that made it a common term. Anyway, just thought I'd butt in. Your reply invited. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mike Pfeiffer Area: Thelema To: Cuups 5 May 92 22:20:46 Subject: SIX HUNDRED, THREESCORE AND SIX Sent UpdReq Hi Cuups! I was raised agnostic, but I did see the Omen, and so I knew that 666 was a number far naughtier even than 13. What surprised me was the degree of subconscious fear I had on the subject until I started reading Crowley. I picked up a copy of MTP (Magick in Theory and Practice - there is also a joke in the title. More on that later). MTP begins with a definition of Magick, and proceeds with theorems and postulates reminscent of Pricipia Mathematica (Newton I think, or Descarte or someone). Anyway, he writes vbrilliantly and at the time it was the most reasonable exposition of the subject I had read. I understood and agreed almost totally. And then I saw that he signed his name with the number of the beast: 666. I knew this was nott a good thing, and yet it made so much sense. Being a Tantrist at heart, I moved ahead - with eyes open. What follows is my own personal set of interpretations, all mixed up with the facts upn which they are based. Let us begin with certainties: 1)Magic Squares-these are squares, just like in algebra. A number is attributed to a planet/God(Roman), and its square is made up of that many squares on aside. The planets run Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, venus, Mars, Moon. The square of Saturn is 3x3, the square of Jupiter is 4x4, etc. With me? Good. Take Saturn, for it is easiest. 3x3=9 subsquares, right? Now, the numbers between one and nine (inclusive) are arranged in the squares so that all rows, columns and diagonals add up to the same number, in this case 15. So, 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9=15+15+15=45. This same mechanism is used for all the planets. The number representing the sun is 6. 6x6=36. The rows, columns and diagonals add up to 111. Multiply by six and you have the sum of the first thirty six integers. I am about to run out of time, so I'll follow up As soon as I can. Love is th Law, Blessed Be, and all tha good shit. Bye! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Frater Ehubi Area: Thelema To: Paul Hume 6 May 92 07:52:32 Subject: Re: THELEMA 101 Sent UpdReq 93, Paul! Hope the Camp is going well... ALHIM is a particularly interesting title of Deity, and not only because it is the first one used in the Bible. AL is a neuter, universally applicable designator of the One God. Adding H gives us ALH ("Eloh" or "Elah"), which is (according to Hebrew grammar rules) an explicity masculine word, Deity expressed through the male channel. Adding IM forms a Hebrew plural, but for a masculine plural it would be ALVTh. IM is the *feminine* plural ending. So ALHIM expresses: GOD GOD expressed singly as a male GOD expressed multiply through females This tallies intriguingly with Hadit = masculine, point event of awareness, and Nuit = feminine, totality of all point events forming a continuum. ALHIM is certainly one of the better title of God for Thelemites to use! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Grendel Area: Thelema To: All Thelemites 7 May 92 16:42:00 Subject: OTO or other Thelemic groups in the Seattle areaSent UpdReq Greetings, There have been some problems with the OTO camps and lodges locally and looks as if most of them have been disbanded or shut down. Does anyone have any sort of knowledge of active thelemic groups in the Greater Seattle area (which extends almost to Tacoma to the south)? I and some users would like to know. Talking to the OTO locally has always been a trial as they tend to be impossible to get a hold of around here. The one group I know of is private and has a closed membership. The one group I had contacts within was shut down by the Caliphite due (to my knowledge) of the actions of the Master of the Lodge. -= Grendel =- 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mike Pfeiffer Area: Thelema To: Steven Craig 7 May 92 18:06:26 Subject: Re: THELEMA 101 Sent UpdReq I understand that Adonai is used as a veil for the HGA in certain A.A. and G.D. connections. If you have other funs stuff for me, I am most interested... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mike Pfeiffer Area: Thelema To: Cuups 7 May 92 18:19:24 Subject: Re: SIX HUNDRED, THREESCORE AND SIX Sent UpdReq Hello again! I think the BBS cut me off just right, because now there is a distinct break between what I can back up and that which is purely my interpretation. You recall the magic square thing, and you are aware of gematria, so let me talk about the sun for a minute. The sun is referred cabalistically to the sphere Tiphareth, or beauty. The reference which I attatch are also those of the mirror(beauty/vanity) and the ego. In physical terms I equate these with inertia and causality (or karma, if you prefer). In any case, I consider the sun as Hadit to be the center, and if you've ever been incarnate you know that the world can seem to revolve around oneself. So, if we are all truly one, then the appearance of different critters in different bodies is an illusion (the Buddhists and Hindus will back me up on this one). This being the case, the number of the beast (an individual ego in a particular body) IS the number of a man (which is not to say some specific guy, but the sense of oneself as separate from others). There is not really even anything wrong with this until you reach a certain state of awareness. Looking out for number one is both right and necessary - until you meet a higher creature than yourself. At that point, even self defense is abrogate since one's own value is outweighed by that of another. Put another way, we had the moral right and duty to subdue the planet by force right up until the time that it became possible to meet our needs without infringing on others. I probably have more to say, but I get so long-winded that I think I'll stop here. Your reply invited... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Maldoror Area: Thelema To: Mike Pfeiffer 7 May 92 23:08:34 Subject: THE SUN Sent UpdReq well, i don't know... that was hitting a number of buttons with me, not all of which had a 6 on them! tiphareth (kabballah confusion, that's what the world is today, aleph he!) seems more genuinely attributed to pride, rather than vanity. and a mirror? 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds - and confuses the symbol-system of one's choice. complicating things all the more with transcendental hoo hahs and what i meant was's won't make things any easier. i've not one up on revelation - but tear up your favorite cartoon with gematria and innuendo and see what you get! :) soapbox lecture #665 (the neighbor of the beast). 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: Thelema To: Michelle Hass 7 May 92 20:43:22 Subject: Re: RE: Neophite me Sent UpdReq In a message dated 04 May 92 05:04:08, Michelle Hass wrote: MH> 93, Gerald! Greetings Michelle! MH> Our mutual friend Sor. Gaea has been doing this for years...she threw a MH> Liber AL reading (with an improvised musical accompaniment, yet, by MH> musically inclined friends!) brunch last month that brought OTO types, MH> Thelemic GD types, almost all the C.'.M.'.T.'. co-conspirators and so on. Ah yes! I bet Steve played guitar, no? ;) MH> It was a relaxed, fun and easy time for all. I could imagine. Sor Gaea can sure throw a party. Tell her I said "hello"! MH> Of course, this can only happen in places where there's a lot of MH> thelemoids around, like the So Cal area, fr'instance. I don't MH> know what the magick scene is like up in OR...I wasn't really MH> into it when I was last up there ('78 e.v.) and I was in the MH> sticks...Mc Minnville was the nearest "big" town, and Portland MH> was hours away. Well, most of the activity here is pagan/Wiccan...Gardenian to be exact. There is a couple of relatively large covens here in Ashland. I participated in thie Beltain Ritual last weekend and had a great time. I have been told that there are many within these groups who are looking for a Ceremonial outlet, so we are trying to show 'em that all ceremonialists are not male chauvenist (sp) pigs with a Crowley complex. :) Love is the Law. Gerald. P.S. What is this "C.M.T."? ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: Thelema To: Cuups 7 May 92 21:06:22 Subject: Re: Thelema 101 Sent UpdReq In a message dated 05 May 92 05:05:00, Cuups wrote: C> I was just concerned by the fact that in Revelations "666" is the C> number of the beast, which would be the devil or his/her agent. I C> understand that it is a very prominent number in Satanism, it is a more prominent number in Christianity than Satanism. C> and I just want to be assured that once I get more deeply into Thelema I C> won't be hit with Satanism. Brace yourself for the goat jokes ;) But seriously; would you mind defining Satanism? Some Christian sects consider any variance from their teachings to be "satanic". Also, to be a satanist you have to believe in the Christian Satan...which means (by default) that on Christians can be Satanists ?;-) C> You have to understand that I was taught that's how Satanists C> work, they draw you in with kindness and love and the next thing you C> know, you're signing that piece of parchment in blood. ;-) Sounds like my experiences with Catholicism ;) C> Anyway, thanks for the bit of information on these various numbers. C> However, now that I am meditating on law I;4, what's the difference? Love is the Law. Gerald ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Parzival Area: Thelema To: Vere Chappell 9 May 92 00:23:16 Subject: ALMOST QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT Sent UpdReq Coming to you from Amon-Ra Oasis: As you may know by now, Toronto had it's own bit of violence. Nothing close to compared to California, but Toronto sort-of lost it's virginity (you might say). None of the OTO member s were effected. Very good to hear that all's quiet now. Sor. Azaachma and I watched the riots on TV all night - pretty surreal. The CBC carried a live feed from L.A. 24 hours. I can't imagine being in the middle of it. As I understand it, our Frater Pyramidos-Priapus (last name Chan, you might know him) telephoned Frater Iacchus to see if all was well. As I hear, he and company took off and visited Sor. Merel for a while! Good plan. Pass on good tidings from Amon-Ra to all Fratres et Sorores. 93! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Parzival Area: Thelema To: Michelle Hass 9 May 92 00:30:14 Subject: L.A. Sent UpdReq Thanks for the report. I've heard that OTO was spared any major effects. Yes, I agree with you. That must have been the STUPIDEST jury in the world. Of course, as Mr. Gautama Shakyamuni taught, the bad karma of a few usually gets paid for by the masses. Being a bit of an anarchist at heart, I can't decide wether this is a good or bad thing. I do think it's sad that so many have to pay for the crimes of so few. The mob mentality that followed (it even spread to Toronto The Good And Peaceful) was a natural course of events. Indeed, it was a day the Universe changed. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Parzival Area: Thelema To: Frater Ehubi 9 May 92 00:35:24 Subject: Re: L.A. Sent UpdReq Greetings from Amon-Ra Oasis! Right glad am I to hear the news. I was most concerned, as I know a couple of OTO & TOT members who reside in L.A. Our Frater Pyramidos-Priapus telephoned Frater Iacchus to make sure all was right. As I hear, they headed quickly to visit Sor. Merel. Smart plan, I'd say. Toronto had it's share of violence, but it was nothing compared to L.A.. None the less, it truly has been a couple of days that shook up the system. It's sad that innocents had to be drawn into the mele - but mob-mentality takes no account of guilt or innocence (whether it's the mob-mentality of the cops who brutally beat King, or the mob-mentality of the rioters). Oh.. enough politics! Very good to hear from you - please keep up the connection. 93! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Parzival Area: Thelema To: Grendel 9 May 92 00:43:00 Subject: OTO or other Thelemic groups in the Seattle areaSent UpdReq Greetings and health from Amon-Ra Oasis in Toronto! I don't know how much help this will be, but I'm an OTO member, and the most recent Magickal Link I have gives the following addresses for the two OTO bodies in Washington: 1) Iadon Camp, c/o Staley, 534 N. 74th St., Seattle, WA 98103. 2) Vortex Camp, PO Box 9490, Tacoma, WA 98409. Sorry I can't be of more assistence, but there ya go! You may want to contact the body cloest to Washington, as they will probably know something about what's going on. Happy hunting! 93. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718