From: Ann Etheridge Area: Thelema To: Gerald Del Campo 21 Apr 92 15:29:00 Subject: Re: RE: Neophite me UpdReq Concerning Tim Maroney's message to me about my friends who left Thelema, one decided that she really didn't believe it all anyway and the second decided that to O.T.O were ridicul assholes and that she did not feel that Crowley's religious principles were in anyway practical for the sort of world that we live in now. She said that in a perfect society they would work wonderfully, but right now they gave a lot of people a good excuse to dick each over and say, hey, it's my one true Will, so that's cool. (Please don't anyone jump on me. I'm just repeating their words and I'm not a thelemite, so I can't argue whether she's right or not. I have no opinion!) Peace. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Star*fire 22 Apr 92 04:22:00 Subject: Re: Magickal Diary UpdReq On 03-26-92 Star*fire wrote to All... S > I am asking for advice on how to go about writing a magickal diary and S > what format is used. (ie, what observations etc) S > I've been wrestling with for some time. S > S > 93 S > Star*fire S > S > --- Blue Wave/Max v2.05 [NR] S > * Origin: O winged snake of light, Hadit! (1:123/15.0) S > 93, bro! It's easy...there is really no set format, except for the fact that you really have to put EVERYTHING in there. Not just the obvious stuff. Observe your environment. Consult an ephemeris and write down the planetary data for the time and date of the working you are recording, if you are recording a given working. If something seems marginally interesting, put it in. Crowley details the nuts and bolts of creating a Magickal Record in the book "Magick Without Tears," and to a certain extent Starhawk also does in "The Spiral Dance." Consult these for info. May Beauty and Balance surround you on your Quest, Michelle Hass, Sor. Hereticus Laetans 703, Collegium Mystae Telestarion 93/93 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * Save the Planet 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: all 22 Apr 92 04:22:02 Subject: I'm BAAACK! UpdReq 93, dudes and dudettes!!! Yes, I'm back...with a new (now my only) magickal name, a new modem, an almost new (kludged together from my old system and another owned by a friend) system, and a new affiliation with a group. This group is Collegium Mystae Telestarion, which is still in the process of being born. The possibilities of C.'.M.'.T.'. are nothing short of amazing...imagine a group with no hierarchy, no leaders, and only one grade, with a heavy emphasis on spontanaity and flow. And me once saying that I'd always be a solitary! I have also, on a more serious note, been struggling with Chronic Epstein-Barr Syndrome. Remember how I was so scared that I had AIDS back in July? Well, I don't have that, and luckily my case of EBS is very mild...I'm not flat on my butt when it flares up. It's just like a nasty flu that doesn't go away until it's good and ready to. Imagine...the least yuppie person in the world, coming down with the Yuppie Flu. What irony. Anyhoo...I'm here on the net to stay. There have been some neat things going on in my life, and I can't wait to share them with you all. Walk in Beauty and Balance, Love and Will; -.\\<-H- Hereticus Laetans 703 ... OFFLINE 1.35 * Save the Planet 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Frater Almost Area: Thelema To: All 23 Apr 92 00:20:48 Subject: NEW RITUAL UpdReq The follwing is another ritual for use with the "new system" being developed: Rite of Introspection On any day when you might be doing the previously mentioned Rite of the Five Flames, contemplate whether or not the day feels particularly "masculine" or "feminine" to you. Depending on your mood, make the flames of the Ritual more internal (masculine, concentrated as a single jet of flame which does not encompass the body but runs through it) or more external (feminine, only interfaces with the inner when you breathe it in.) Further, when you have become adept at this practice, transform the flame to the appropriate colour of the planet ruling that day and vibrate the assosciated god-name. In this way, you will be able to distinguish between which planets make you more "feminine" and which make you more "masculine." The idea behind this ritual is simple: The days of the week govern all practical magick. This is the precursor to any and all practical work with this particular system. Further, after having done this practice for about a week, go back and do the Middle Pillar ritual. The migration of Energy between the spheres should come much more naturally. Pax. 93 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Frater I.O.S.P. Area: Thelema To: Tony Iannotti 22 Apr 92 23:44:08 Subject: Re: Jewelry Offer Rec'd UpdReq -=> Quoting Tony Iannotti to Frater I.O.S.P. <=- TI> This is not an OTO-only echo, so that sort of advertising is out of TI> place here, and in fact many here are annoyed at any TI> advertisements. Use the OTO echo for OTO specific stuff, and leave TI> the echos to the conversations. Thanks & 93! Care Frater, Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. I appreciate your opinion regarding this advertisement, but you might want to notice that I only put this ad on echos of 93net. This ad is NOT intended JUST for members of O.T.O. It does not sell anything of itself. It merely states that a catalogue of several different items of occult imagery is available through an official body of O.T.O. and includes an address for a free catalogue if the viewer of the message desires to send for one. The reference to a special discount to members of O.T.O. is stated merely as a fraternal act of brotherhood within an acting guild of K.A.L. Camp. If one is not interested in seeing what we have to offer, then one should not send for a free catalogue. I do, however, appreciate your concern, but this is not O.T.O. specified in any way, and I feel that it fits into the category of 'magick' in general. We also offer various cut or uncut precious gem stones for ritual use and scrying. "Sing the rapturous love-song unto me! Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels! Drink to me, for I love you! I love you!" -Liber AL I:63 Love is the law, love under will. In the Love of Our Lady Babalon, Frater I.O.S.P. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Triple Six Area: Thelema To: Kreizenski 22 Apr 92 13:56:18 Subject: Sigil Program UpdReq In a message to Triple Six <19 Apr 92 02:53> Kreizenski wrote: Kr> I once saw an animation demonstration for the Macintosh Quadra's, that Kr> had a rotating, forwarding moving video-like thing of different symbols Kr> and signs throughout the 80s. I think it would be kindof neat to use Kr> that program, yet give it a data set of the symbols you wish to use each Kr> particular time. I'm not familiar w/ Macintosh systems, as I'm an IBM man myself, but this is definitely an area worthy of exploration and experimentation. Do you know of any good IBM software that is capable of this sort of thing? Kr> You know how people in this day an age get mesmerized by video. Well, Kr> you could (if you so planned it) make a decent structure of symbols to Kr> stare at, like a half hour or two before a ritual. Kindof Kr> like hypnotising your mind into a certain frame, before doing the Kr> ritual. Moving and changing objects will capture and hold the Kr> attention, while the symbols themselves will flow into your mind. Yes, I've experimented w/ this and have been quite pleased w/ the results. I create a Script animation sequence, w/ subliminal messages flashing at a high rate in the background (using a handy little TSR program), and have found it a nice way to "focus" before a Working, or as a simple meditation. I view it as a sort of "electronic pathworking" of sorts. Kr> moved your conscious mind into the correct frame. I think it's a great Kr> idea, I just need a way to implement it. I'd be interested in hearing about your results when you begin to pursue this line of experimentation, if you would care to share them. Kr> By the way, this very same idea was used to devastating effect by the Kr> Nazi's in WW II. They would have scenes of German strength and pride Kr> on video, amid flashing symbols of the National Party. That way, by Kr> the time Hitler (or whoever) took the stand to make a speech, the Kr> people were already worked into a frenzy. Kr> Ideas ?? Yes, many! The Nazis left few stones unturned and, despite their political insanity, they have left behind some very fascinating areas of research, particularly in LBM i.e. psychological manipulation, etc. I really enjoyed your post. I haven't encountered many people who have worked in this area, and I'm always pleased to hear from someone who has similar interests. I hope to hear from you again. Cheers! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Tony Iannotti Area: Thelema To: Frater I.O.S.P. 23 Apr 92 09:47:08 Subject: Re: Jewelry Offer Rec'd Sent UpdReq FI>I appreciate your opinion regarding this advertisement, but you might FI>want to notice that I only put this ad on echos of 93net. This I think what caught my eye most was that you put the ad in _every_ 93Net echo. Most people read more than just one or two of them, and some echos are really _not for ads._ This echo is one of them. I just wanted you to know that that sort of cross-posting can often give you more negative attention than positive. I wish your enterprise well. FI>ad is NOT intended JUST for members of O.T.O. It does not sell FI>anything of itself. It merely states that a catalogue of several FI>different items of occult imagery is available through an official FI>body of O.T.O. and includes an address for a free catalogue if the Essentially it advertises the catalog. Fine, but not so many times. * SLMR 2.1a * On a clear disk you can seek forever 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718