From: Balanone Area: Base of Set To: Tristan 12 Feb 95 17:52:26 Subject: sacrifice UpdReq On Feb 07, 1995, Tristan wrote to Dark Star re: Re: X-Files T> But I T> actually do have a serious question that I've picked up T> from my reading. The Temple of Set has a very strict T> injunction against destruction of biological organisms in T> ritual. ... But the TOS ... seems to hold a philosophical T> position against the destruction of bio-organisms, to the T> point that drinking blood would be banned. Could explain the T> reason for this? Would eating bread in ritual be excluded T> (since yeast died to make the bread)? I am assuming that T> Setian are not neccesarily Vegans so the injunction must T> only apply to ritual, is this correct? Am I floundering in T> the dark? The central philosophy of the Temple of Set, the Aeon of Set, and each Setian is Xeper, self-creation into higher life. Trying to describe that higher life, the word I keep coming back to time and time again is "Nobility" -- as King Arthur's nobility was to medieval chaos, so our Nobility will be to modern day's behaviors. Part of that nobility comes from a distaste for causing unnecessary pain or death. Therefore we disdain from ritual sacrifice of any conscious animal. We also look to Set as an example of what higher life can be like, and find that he is called the Highest of Life in our writings. It simply doesn't make sense to try to work with the Highest of Life while destroying life, does it? There's generally no need to destroy any living thing in ritual, since there are always better and more noble ways to raise your magical powers than through the destruction of life. Of course there can always be exceptions. I once did a pest-removal ritual to rid an apartment in Harlem of cockroaches. In that specific situation, the ritual destruction of two cockroaches was fully justified and appropriate. As for eating bread in ritual, don't worry about the yeast, nor the wheat (another bio-organism) -- they're insignificant. The important question is, what are you doing and why? What is the benefit? What is the goal? What is the symbolism? Are you working toward Nobility or reverting to lower states of development? Xeper, and the rest comes of its own accord. Balanone PP FidoNet: Balanone at 1:203/444.15 Internet: Balanone@tefnut.astaroth.sacbbx.com ... "Take it from Death, life is a terrible thing to waste!" ___ TagDude 0.87 [Unregistered] with 7298 taglines. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Dark Star Area: Base of Set To: Juliet 13 Feb 95 23:29:50 Subject: Re: Blood under the bridge UpdReq JY> _The New Satanists_ contains a slanderous account of the Temple of Set JY> and Dr. Michael Aquino. JY> Anyone who wants an expose of the lies in that section of her book can JY> obtain a copy from the Temple of Set by sending an S.A.S.E. to them at: JY> Post Office Box 470307 San Francisco, CA 94147 Jul> A rebuttal? Great stuff! I'll get hold of it and post it into the Jul> Occult echo on my net (since it's available for ftp I assume it can Jul> be freely distributed). If you prefer, you can request a copy by e-mailing your request to: 2784041@mcimail.com You are welcome to distribute it freely. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718