From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 8 Oct 92 20:53:28 Subject: Gnostic gospels Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Gnostic gospels to rakshasa. ra> Well...I could ask how come nobody else noticed the sun stop ra> when Joshua did that? Or I could ask how come nobody else talks ra> about Sodom and Gomorrah being razed by Holy Fire? Or I could ra> mention the 9 foot tall guy named Goliath of Gath. In the case Jericho and Sodom and Gomorrah, those cities were inhabited by the Hebrews from then on; hence, no Greek historian would chronicle the events. In the case Goliath, the Phoenicians werent history writers as the Jews and Greeks were. Even though they, as a culture, existed for about a thousand years (give or take a century), and originated the alphabet, we have very little of their writings. And what we do have is mostly in the form of temple dedications and business transactions. The Phoenicians were the ancient equivalent of the Feringi except prettier. >Bl> Have you considered that the Flood might also refer to something >Bl> other than a PHYSICAL experience that was so out of the ordinary >Bl> that the only way the Ancients had in describing it was in terms >Bl> of a previous known period of inundation ra> Sure--but why have they all chosen such a SIMILAR myth. EXACTLY! WHY? ra> I am not exactly sure what you are getting at with the idea of ra> some non-physical occurrence. Could you specify a little more, ra> please? I asked those questions to get your curiosity up. I found that when one approaches a subject with questions to be answered about that subject, the person learns more about the subject than if he was studying without having questions to be answered. The answers are forthcoming in the research I made. The file will be at Purgatory and BaphoNet-by-the-Sea by 10-10. I will have Jason and Tony put it in the Setian Only section. It will be my gift to the Temple. I feel very certain that the system, when fully researched by myself and interested Setians, will replace the Quabalah as the central engine of occultism since it pre-dates it by 800 to 1000 years. >Bl> was an excerpt from Borreas the Egyptian historian. He >Bl> mentions that the Jews had a disease that was infecting the >Bl> Egyptians and were driven out for that reason. ra> Much of Blavatsky's historical work is, to say the least, of ra> dubious authenticity. However, I would have to see an example of ra> the writings of Borreas in a non-theosophical source to credit or ra> discredit that. The publisher was Wizards. It was one of the _Secret_Doctrine_ Referance_Series they published. I didn't get it from the _Secret Doctrine_ itself. I dont think that Wizards published that book, strangely enough. I guess the publisher felt that Blavatsky's bibiography was of more interest than the tome it- self. ra> I see no reason why a sophisticated culture cannot see life ra> from an animist perspective. You do have a point. I can see now that we HAVE evolved from what the mind-set was in ancient times. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 8 Oct 92 21:55:48 Subject: Joining the Temple Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Joining the Temple to rakshasa. ra> Dr. Aquino invented Yuggothic for the Cthulhu material in the ra> Satanic rituals. So far as I know that is the only place you ra> will find Yuggothic. What is it based upon, the Tarot? As you know, each Tarot key is linked to a Hebrew letter. I would be interesting to lay this chant out by Tarot Keys. Has anyone tried that? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 11:35:00 Subject: Re: Gnostic gospels UpdReq Bl> In the case Jericho and Sodom and Gomorrah, those cities were Bl> inhabited by the Hebrews from then on; hence, no Greek historian Bl> would chronicle the events. Bl> Bl> In the case Goliath, the Phoenicians werent history writers Bl> as the Jews and Greeks were. Even though they, as a culture, existed Bl> for about a thousand years (give or take a century), and originated Bl> the alphabet, we have very little of their writings. And what we do Bl> have is mostly in the form of temple dedications and business Bl> transactions. The Phoenicians were the ancient equivalent of the Feringi Bl> prettier. The Hebrews nonetheless had trading partners--and there were other peoples who lived in that area. Why do we only hear of Sodom and Gomorrah burning from the Hebrews? I liked your comparison of the Phonecians and Feringi--glad to see we've got another Trade Wars player on the board here. Bl> The publisher was Wizards. It was one of the Bl> _Secret_Doctrine_ Bl> Referance_Series they published. I didn't get it from the Bl> _Secret Doctrine_ itself. I dont think that Wizards published Bl> that book, strangely enough. I guess the publisher felt that Bl> Blavatsky's bibiography was of more interest than the tome Bl> it- Bl> self. I would suggest maybe the reason they didn't publish the work of Borreas was because it doesn't exist. Madame Blavatsky was a tireless researcher, but when she couldn't find what she was looking for, she happily made it up. Ask an Oriental Studies professor about the Book of Dyzan sometime. I also look forward to seeing your uploaded article and will be sure to peruse it and offer my questions and comments. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 11:38:00 Subject: Re: Joining the Temple UpdReq Bl> What is it based upon, the Tarot? As you know, each Tarot key Bl> is linked to a Hebrew letter. Bl> Bl> I would be interesting to lay this chant out by Tarot Keys. Bl> Has anyone tried that? To be honest, he said the story behind Yuggothic was that Anton LaVey wanted him to write the Lovecraft section of the Satanic Rituals. He needed a good language for the rituals and so created Yuggothic. Since Dr. Aquino has little interest in Qabalah or Hebrew mythology, I doubt that he used Hebrew as anything for the ritual. And re. the chant by Tarot Keys. Go for it! So far as I know, you'll be the first one to do it...I'd be interested in seeing your results! Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Astral Invader Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 13:25:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq Bl> In the late 60's. Bummer....I had a slight problem during that period....The minor drawback of not yet being conceived.... Bl> found the Grimorum Verum and summoned Asteroth to do his Bl> magic. Bl> Movies about ceremonial magicians just werent made back then. Bl> That was a first. A few were made....There is something called _The Magician_ somewhere out there, which is silent, and supposedly modeled after the life of Aleister Crowley...._The Black Cat_ (1936) stars Boris Karloff as a Satanist, and Bela Lugosi as his 'only-slightly-less-sinister opponent' (according to the Temple of Set Reading List)....I haven't had an opportunity to see either of them, however.... I always found the imagery in _Metropolis_ (1926) to be way ahead of it's time as well....'Rotwang', the Black Magician is as bizarre as they come....}:) /Astral/ 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 9 Oct 92 09:45:36 Subject: Set questions UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Set questions to Deep Black. >Bl> Eye? One eye?? Dear. A cyclops. DB> Naaawwww! He just put on a blindfold and removed his third-eye patch! Astral and I were discussing Finruns. Do YOU remember the episode of Tom Baker's Dr. Who concerning the coven of Finruns? To jog your memory, Finruns were a very ancient race of soul eaters. Each of their parts alone had no power; but on a night similar to Samhain each part would all gather together into a coven of 13. In the coven they could combine and reanimate themselves into a humanoid form if a piece of the material body of the dead Finrun was near. In the case of Dr. Who, the piece was a skull. In the story, all 13 gathered together and started reanimating the skull into a beautiful female vampire when Who grabbed the skull and sent it into the sun. Do you remember this episode? I was one of the better Whos, I think. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 9 Oct 92 10:22:00 Subject: The Magician's Work UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about The Magician's Work to Deep Black. DB> My assessment is that the Black Flame is Illuminated Consciousness DB> of the Initiate. 3 questions: 1. What is the difference between the Illuminated Consciousness and normal waking consciousness? 2. Why is it called a flame? In what ways is it similar to a flame? 3. Why is it called black? In what ways is it similar to black? DB> Ipsissimus Aquino has said some very interesting things about the DB> value of what he feels is the essence of the RHP uncluttered by the DB> trappings of Judeo-Christian (and similar) paradigms. I'm glad he agrees with me. But "essence of the RHP"??? I thought the LHP was more than just the RHP removed of Judeo-Christian ideology. I would like to read what he had to say. Is the message available to me? >Bl> therefore, though having a goal of everlasting life on >Bl> earth, you have not the foggiest idea how to accomplish this >Bl> goal. DB> I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is a central goal of the Temple DB> of Set. Remanifestation is not a matter of simple extension of the DB> individual consciousness beyond what we call death. It certainly may DB> include notions such as this, but to limit it to this wouldn't be doing DB> it justice, in my opinion. But to be able to manifest on the physical plane for as long as one feels to be sufficient life span or eternity whichever comes first, rather than being able to escape the wheel of birth and death and dwell on a non-physical plane of some sort, is the GOAL of the Setian, isn't it? Of course, the Setian studies other subjects, but isn't that the ultimate goal? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Deep Black Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 15:08:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq I never was much aware of Dr. Who when it was running here on the local PBS station. I've been waiting for A&E or something similar to pick it up. Maybe on the new Sci-Fi channel? I saw maybe one or two episodes which I don't remember very well. Tulsa Cable will get the SF channel if enough people request it. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Deep Black Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 15:19:00 Subject: Re: The Magician's Work UpdReq Bl> 1. What is the difference between the Illuminated Bl> Consciousness Bl> and normal waking consciousness? I would have to defer to something out of a Zen paradigm similar to; Before enlightment, mountains are mountains, rivers are rivers. During enlightment, mountains are not mountains and rivers are not rivers. After enlightment, mountains are once again mountains and rivers are once again rivers. Maybe when we meet we can discuss this very difficult (semantically) subject at more ease. Bl> 2. Why is it called a flame? In what ways is it similar to a Bl> flame? Bl> 3. Why is it called black? In what ways is it similar to Bl> black? I believe, for me, that it is because it is unnatural in comparison to the rest of the universe. The portion of our mind that we call logic. The portion that allows us to form incredibly complex symbol- systems that are really nothing more than tags we use to reflect an outside order that it can never hope to totally understand but is at the same time identical with it. A paradox, huh? Bl> Is the message available to me? You would need to speak with Triple Six about that. Bl> GOAL of the Setian, isn't it? Of course, the Setian studies The goal of the Setian is to Xeper. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 9 Oct 92 18:40:40 Subject: Gnostic gospels Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Gnostic gospels to rakshasa. ra> Why do we only hear of Sodom and Gomorrah burning from the ra> Hebrews? Again, I don't know. I might not have been a factual thing but since the Hebrews occupied the territory from that time on and since no other historian was around their news source would be only one avail- able. For example, you cant find anything out in England from studying all of the newspapers of the British Empire about the race riot in Tulsa during the '20s. It, like Sodom and Gommorrah, was a local thing. ra> I liked your comparison of the Phoenicians and Feringi--glad ra> to see we've got another Trade Wars player on the board here. Yeah, but I never find any one else playing on any of the boards I play on so I usually play Overkill. >Bl> The publisher was Wizards. It was one of the >Bl> _Secret_Doctrine_ >Bl> Referance_Series they published. I didn't get it from the >Bl> _Secret Doctrine_ itself. I dont think that Wizards published >Bl> that book, strangely enough. I guess the publisher felt that >Bl> Blavatsky's bibiography was of more interest than the tome >Bl> it- >Bl> self. ra> I would suggest maybe the reason they didn't publish the work ra> of Borreas They DID. That was what they published. Borreas' account. It was included with some other Classical Greek manuscript trans- lations that she drew from to make her book. That volume I bought didn't have a word that Madam Blavatsky wrote herself; only a medley of Greek texts. I would rather that they included the Greek original with it but the translation is better than nothing. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: rakshasa 9 Oct 92 19:07:40 Subject: Joining the Temple Rec'd UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Joining the Temple to rakshasa. ra> To be honest, he said the story behind Yuggothic was that ra> Anton LaVey wanted him to write the Lovecraft section of the ra> Satanic Rituals. He needed a good language for the rituals and ra> so created Yuggothic. Since Dr. Aquino has little interest in ra> Qabalah or Hebrew mythology, I doubt that he used Hebrew as ra> anything for the ritual. To be honest with you, I am highly sceptical of made-up languages as having any value in magical work. But knowing how certain tones combinations and rhythms produce different emotion- al states I can see where certain consonant and vowel combinations would produce similar results. I guess Oz Tech uses it in her tagline for a conversation piece. ra> And re. the chant by Tarot Keys. Go for it! So far as I ra> know, you'll be the first one to do it...I'd be interested in ra> seeing your results! I'll get the astrology research written into a file first. Tomarrow when you read this, I will probably be a the Darknet Masquerade also. But I'll get around to laying out the Tarot. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Astral Invader 9 Oct 92 19:47:16 Subject: Set questions UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Set questions to Astral Invader. AI> A few were made....There is something called _The Magician_ AI> somewhere out there, which is silent, and supposedly modeled AI> after the life of Aleister Crowley...._The Black Cat_ (1936) AI> stars Boris Karloff as a Satanist, and Bela Lugosi as his AI> 'only-slightly-less-sinister opponent' (according to the Temple AI> of Set Reading List)....I haven't had an opportunity to see AI> either of them, however.... I remember _The Black Cat_ but never seen the other. _The Black Cat_ didn't have the Satanist performing ceremonial magic in the form of demon conjuration, just a simple Black Mass (with a clothed virgin). AI> I always found the imagery in _Metropolis_ (1926) to be way ahead AI> of it's time as well One of the best of all time. AI>....'Rotwang', the Black Magician is as bizarre as they come....}:) Unfortunately, I didn't see that one. Was it silent? _The Great Svengali_ was a historical piece about a real hypnotist. On Bravo a while back, there was a movie called _Nosferatu_. It was a modern rendition of the Nosferatu legend that Stoker got his Dracula from. The Dracula of that movie looked a lot like the Dracula of a movie I saw starting David Soul whose title I cant remember right now but also co-stared Charles Mason. The nosferatu legend is more believable than the Stoker novel. It makes Dracula out to be a victim of the Black Plague that caused a genetic change to make him an immortal albino. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 22:47:00 Subject: Re: The Magician's Work UpdReq Bl> 3 questions: Bl> Bl> 1. What is the difference between the Illuminated Bl> Consciousness Bl> and normal waking consciousness? Bl> Bl> 2. Why is it called a flame? In what ways is it similar to a Bl> flame? Bl> Bl> 3. Why is it called black? In what ways is it similar to Bl> black? 1) This is difficult to describe until you've actually experienced it. When you've felt the You which is beyond your emotions, your logical states, your sensations, and all the other things which you consider yourSelf...and when you use that You to change the subjective universe (yourSelf) and the objective universe (that around you) for its benefit--then you have felt the Englightened Consciousness, in my opinion. This is a state I just entered recently and which I can call up for only brief periods of time--but one which I find extremely useful. I'd be interested in anybody else's comments. 2) The Black Flame is similar to a flame in that it burns within something but is not necessarily a part of that thing (is the fire a part of the match in the same sense that the matchstick is?) 3) It is black because it's not white...so THERE! (seriously--it's black because Black is the color of separation and isolation , two of the traits of the Black Flame...and because black is the antithesis of white, the color used to symbolize purity by our antithetical white-light religions. Bl> But to be able to manifest on the physical plane for as long Bl> one feels to be sufficient life span or eternity whichever Bl> first, rather than being able to escape the wheel of birth Bl> death and dwell on a non-physical plane of some sort, is the Bl> GOAL of the Setian, isn't it? Of course, the Setian studies Bl> other subjects, but isn't that the ultimate goal? I don't know if I have an "ultimate" goal just yet--that word is used by many people very casually. At this present stage in my development, my goal is to be Recognized Adept. When I do that, I shall seek to claim the powers of Adept for myself. Then I shall strive to be Recognized Priest. In any event, my goals are concerned with Life and bettering my position within it--not with death. Perhaps at some time I shall decide that manifestation on the physical plane eternally is my goal. Then again, I may decide that manifestation in a non-physical realm would be more satisfactory. In your concern with death you're mouthing the Osirian death-ethic which has been fed to us through our conditioning. You, like the Osirian priests, spend a great deal of your living time worrying about dying. I, on the other hand, concern myself with living and getting as much as I can out of life. It may be that eternal physical manifestation is possible, or it may not. I do not know. I believe an existence after death is possible through development of the ego; whether that is in a spirit existence (a Valhalla, if you will) or as a soul which reincarnates, or as a great Moth circling the Eternal 120 W Bulb in the Sky I am not sure. In any event, I have no way of proving my thesis until I get there. For now I shall live--and hopefully in living well I will learn the secret of living eternally. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 22:50:00 Subject: Re: Gnostic gospels UpdReq I'd be interested in seeing a copy of that book re. Borreas you mentioned--could you give me the date of publication, the publisher, and the full title (i.e. _The Lawyer's Guide To Ethics_ by Dewey, Fuckem, and Howe: Ben Dover Press, 1973). Once I've checked it out I'll be in a better position to discuss this with you. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 22:55:00 Subject: Re: Joining the Temple UpdReq Bl> To be honest with you, I am highly sceptical of made-up Bl> languages as having any value in magical work. But knowing Bl> how certain tones combinations and rhythms produce different emotion- Bl> al states I can see where certain consonant and vowel combinations Bl> would produce similar results. Why? You seem to think that the elements of the magical ritual have meaning in and of themselves. They do not. They have whatever meaning the magician chooses to give them, combined with whatever belief he can instill in himself. If a magician truly believed the McDonald's jingle could bring him good luck, then hummed it constantly for weeks, all the while convinced he was getting luckier and luckier, he could definitely see some positive results. (His face might also break out from exposure to fry grease, but that's another story...) One famous Crowley story had Crowley at the height of an invocation when he forgot the words. He began reciting, "From Greenland's Icy Peaks" and got the desired results. Consider also Dumbo and his "magic feather." 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: rakshasa Area: Base of Set To: Blaise 9 Oct 92 22:57:00 Subject: Re: Set questions UpdReq Bl> of demon conjuration, just a simple Black Mass (with a clothed Bl> virgin). A clothed virgin...quite possibly one of the nastiest monsters Hollywood has ever put in front of us. Xeper and Remanifest Rakshasa aka Setian Kevin T. Filan I* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 9 Oct 92 21:39:56 Subject: Set questions UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about Set questions to Deep Black. DB> Tulsa Cable will get the SF channel if enough people request it. If enough people request cancelling the same channel that is. If there are too many people telling United Artist Cable to cancel different channels they wont cancel anything. The rule in business is if any conflict of customer preferance develops, keep the status quo. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Blaise Area: Base of Set To: Deep Black 9 Oct 92 21:47:36 Subject: The Magician's Work UpdReq While in limbo, Blaise thought it would be nice to talk about The Magician's Work to Deep Black. >Bl> 1. What is the difference between the Illuminated >Bl> Consciousness >Bl> and normal waking consciousness? DB> Maybe when we meet we can discuss this very difficult (semantically) DB> subject at more ease. I'll look forward to it. >Bl> 2. Why is it called a flame? In what ways is it similar to a >Bl> flame? >Bl> 3. Why is it called black? In what ways is it similar to >Bl> black? DB> I believe, for me, that it is because it is unnatural in comparison DB> to the rest of the universe. The portion of our mind that we call DB> logic. The portion that allows us to form incredibly complex symbol- DB> systems that are really nothing more than tags we use to reflect an DB> outside order that it can never hope to totally understand but is DB> at the same time identical with it. A paradox, huh? Is that the official definition? Is there an official definition that Ipsissimus Aquino wrote? >Bl> Is the message available to me? DB> You would need to speak with Triple Six about that. Who is HE? >Bl> GOAL of the Setian, isn't it? Of course, the Setian studies DB> The goal of the Setian is to Xeper. I have often found people confusing the path with the goal. To xeper is the path; into what is the goal. So, in to what is the Setian to xeper? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: VITRIOL Area: Base of Set To: Charles Nemo 6 Oct 92 20:10:58 Subject: Re: Necronomicon Sent UpdReq -=> Charles Nemo sent a message to Rakshasa on 04 Oct 92 08:30:13 <=- -=> Re: Re: Necronomicon <=- CN> (Rumor has it that the sequel to "The Silence CN> of the Lambs" features a love match between Hannibal and the young CN> lady FBI agent. Seems too good to be true....) Kinda puts a whole new spin on "eating out"! ... Every Wolf's & Lion's howl raises from Hell a Human Soul. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718