From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: David Skreiner 29 Jun 92 20:05:40 Subject: reverse-Christian Satanists? Sent UpdReq On June 15, you responded to my June 8 message to Ammond Shadowcraft, "reverse-Christian Satanists?": . DS > Try to find an english translation of Stanislaw Przybyszewski: The Synagogue of Satan. The Creation and Cult of the Witches' Sabbat, of Satanism and the Black Mass. .Thanks for the info. . DS > Przybyszewski (yeah, i got the spelling right) attempts to find out how satanism and related groups were indirectly created through the catholic oppression during the middle ages. He is wrong in parts, but great to read (and full of nasty arguments to use against radical Xtians and the like...) .What are some of his errors? . DS > (could you please write me a netmail if you received this mail? i seem to be having trouble here: i only got 4 messages in this echo over the past 4 weeks...) .Things were slow here too, but have improved now that BaphoNet *finally* has a good connection to Purgatory. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: Oz Tech 29 Jun 92 20:06:40 Subject: RE: OTS Sent UpdReq On June 25, you wrote to Dirge "Re: OTS": . OT > I just moved out to the Bay Area. It's wonderful. (And I can finally participate in Base of Set without racking up a $150/month bill!) .Hi. Good to see you. .Back in December, did you receive a string of messages from me which you never got around to responding to? If you didn't see them, please let me know and I'll re-post them. If you did see them, don't feel obliged to respond to them, but please let me know whether you saw them. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: The Conqueror 29 Jun 92 20:08:06 Subject: SATAN???? Sent UpdReq On June 24, you wrote to All in a message titled "SATAN????": . TC > Satan is a loser, and anybody who follows it, is going to lose also. Why don't you stop TRYING to be a rebel for a dumb cause .Go back to church and take some lessons in effective evangelism. Your messages just don't cut the mustard. ;-) They aren't even halfway interesting to read. Besides, as Pale Rider would say, an obviously immature Christian like you has no business trying to minister to Satanists.... ;-) .If you want to learn about Satanism, ask intelligent questions and listen. If you want to preach, go away until you *at least* learn how to do it right.... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: Frc 29 Jun 92 20:09:26 Subject: LHP vs. RHP Sent UpdReq On June 27 you responded to my June 24 message to Succubus, "Greetings": . Frc > It seems a focus on _one_ portion of the semantic hydra; which any atempt at finally defining the LHP/RHP dichotomy seems to be. .Actually, I have quite a few problems with ToS's other attempts to define the difference between RHP and LHP as well. The choice of the terms "Nature-worshipping" ve. "Psyche-worshipping" is only the most obvious objection. . Frc > My feeling is that the submission aspect of the major Moslem/Judeo-Christian sects is the "union" being refered to in the Temple of Set's statement. .If indeed that's what is meant, I wish the officical literature would state that more clearly, especially since Setians also seek "union" (of a sort) with Set. . Frc > It is not the same as the "drop merging into the ocean" mentality of the Taoist or Eastern Indian Yogic paradigm, for example. But the "flavor", to me, is that which is being spoken of here. Again, only my opinion. The term "Nature Worship" does not seem to me to be a particularly good way of wording it, but even within Christianity there is the "vale of tears/man born between feces and urine" mentality and there is the Christian ascetic mentality (like St. Francis of Assisi) which seems almost like Eastern mysticism. .Yes, there is indeed a common flavor to most of the so-called "Great Religions". However, Wicca is decidedly RHP but does not partake of the above-mentioned common flavor; it is not the least bit ascetic. .As I see it, the differences between LHP and RHP are: . 1) Ethics: RHP religions believe in some sort of cosmic system of law and order, e.g. the heaven-hell system or the law of karma, whereas LHP religions define their ethics solely in terms of enlightened self-interest. (Hence LHP's emphasis on the individual vs. RHP's tendency toward submission.) . 2) Internal politics of the occult scene: RHP is what the prissier occult bookstores will carry; LHP is what they won't carry. . 3) Deities/energies: RHP deals with deities or energies that are popularly reputed to be essentially-benevolent, whereas LHP deals with deities or energies that are popularly reputed to be "sinister" (which is where the term "left-hand path" probably comes from). Emphasis on "popularly reputed" because, in fact, both kinds can be either helpful or dangerous. (By "popularly reputed", I mean popularly reputed *among RHP occultists*, which makes this definition a bit circular. Among fundies, of course, the gods of both RHP and LHP are all reputed to be the Devil; while LHP'ers -- or at least Setians -- tend to regard RHP energies as illusory and/or dangerous to a person's sense of self.) .Anyhow, back to your message: . Frc > BTW, of our group of five, three are now Adepts. I was recently Recognized. .Congratulations. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Diane Vera Area: Base of Set To: Frc 29 Jun 92 20:12:04 Subject: correspondence with Dr. Aquino Sent UpdReq Several weeks ago, I finally got around to writing to Dr. Aquino. I did not mention my debate with Tim (which, given Dr. Aquino's evident dislike of debate, I decided to wait with consulting him on until *after* I've establised a rapport with him); I confined myself to asking about several other matters of interest to me. I introduced myself as founder of the History of Satanism Correspondence Network and enclosed copies of my letter to GREEN EGG, my messages to Lewis Stead from the RUNES AND ASATRU echo, and a few other things. .Just this weekend, I received a reply from Dr. Aquino and was pleasantly surprised to receive an almost-complete copy of the _Crystal_Tablet_ (minus the InterMember Communication Roster and possibly a few other things since I'm not a member). So, he evidently has a high enough opinion of me already that it probably wouldn't be inappropriate to at least briefly mention my debate with Tim in my next letter. Over the next several weeks I'll let you know what I think of the _CT_. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718