From: Ammond Shadowcraft Area: Base of Set To: Lady Byron 4 May 92 09:09:00 Subject: nature vs The Gift... Sent UpdReq > Date: 25-Apr-92 13:05 > From: Lady Byron > To: Ammond Shadowcraft > Subj: Re: satan > JM> Well, I haven't heard a satanist > JM> specifically say that - but why > JM> would you all want to serve a god that is not > JM> victorious? Jesus is >> You might want to remember that this "battle" between Satan and > God/Jesus only occurs in the Christian mythos. There are many, many > other religions out there. It seems the battle between Nature and the Gift has been recorded in Buddhist tradition also. Buddha was confronted by Mara under the Bodhi Tree. I think that other traditions record it too, but veil the event (as was done in the Garden Myth where the so-called serpent told the truth and YHVH *lied*). That's not Hebrew, but Babylonian in origin. > Satanism does not work within the Christian mythology. We do not > see any "final battle" coming -- Satan, to me, represents > individuality and egocentricity. This is not the same as sin. Setianism works that way, but midway through my Navy hitch (as a BAC) I ran into 6 Satanists on a Navy sub-rescue ship. Their pitch was infact a reversal of Christian eschatology. > It would, indeed, be silly to "follow" a god that we knew was going > to "lose" in the end. But this is only a Christian story, and has > nothing to do with true Satanism. My opinion is that all the Gods will lose eventually because they will be redefined in human language. It would have served us much, much better had that redefinition happened in Western culture 300 years ago. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718