From: Christopher Baker Area: Public Key Encryption To: Glen Todd 21 Dec 94 23:58:24 Subject: Re: A Good Idea! UpdReq -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- In a message dated: 19 Dec 94, Glen Todd was quoted as saying: GT> gp> support for Phil Zimmermann to president@whitehouse.gov. GT> I like it. My only question would be an address for those of us GT> who don't have direct internet hookups. (Like me -- grin.) just send your msg in Internet format to 1:1/31 and it will get there. your msg header will look like this: To: uucp 1:1/31 From: you Subj: whatever - ------ To: president@whitehouse.gov msg text. an Internet msg must have the Internet address on the first line of the msg body exactly as above and separated by a blank line from the actual msg text. 1:1/31 is the main UUCP Gate in FidoNet but you may find a local one marked by the Guucp flag in the Nodelist. that format will work for any msg into the Internet from your FidoNet Node. TTFN. Chris -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: PGP 2.6.2 is LEGAL in Zone 1! So USE it! [grin] iQCVAwUBLvkHd8sQPBL4miT5AQFuowP/f9MoCd6SobGitchEGu9TgNY27YqJMIpA jAK6wEsWlvvPvSzTNZWN2A5G3br4WewWrGgntUWyw86pgacz5HaInKhNQhcmy8fp h94ovltZTEnHPU1MHtAZkVTOvQ1WsxnKQu/fOaWFfzi+HHN/BNZfrnR+0XLKOG2Q 1yEuYXxLyGQ= =o434 -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- --- GenMsg [0002] (cbak.rights@opus.global.org) # Origin: Rights On! for Privacy! It's a Right not a privilege! (1:374/14) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694201 From: John Schofield Area: Public Key Encryption To: All 22 Dec 94 00:51:48 Subject: Internet areas available on 1:102/903 UpdReq -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- A while back I posted a list of privacy-related Internet areas that were available on the Sprawl. Due to an agreement with one of my providers, and due to my forgetfulness, some of those areas are not available on the Sprawl. It was entirely my error. My apologies to the people who requested those echos on the Sprawl. This is an incomplete list of areas available here. I've included everything that has even a fleeting connection with crypto, politics, or privacy. A COMPLETE list of areas is FREQable as 825_ACT.LST. Please note the references to 1:102/825. He is the one providing me with Internet Newsgroups. However, he prefers to feed to me, and have everyone feed off of me. I've agreed. Here goes: ;fido tag net news name / description ;========================================================================= A_2600 alt.2600 / The magazine or the game system. You decide. A_ACTIVISM alt.activism / Activities for activists (no discussion) A_ACTIVISM_D alt.activism.d / Discussion of issues in alt.activism A_ACTIVISM_D-P alt.activism.death-penalty / For people opposed to capital A_CONSP alt.conspiracy / Be paranoid -- they're out to get you. A_POL_LIBERTARIAN alt.politics.libertarian / The libertarian ideology. A_POL_MEDIA alt.politics.media / There's lies, damn lies, statistics, A_POL_USA_CONST alt.politics.usa.constitution / U.S. Constitutional politi CA_GOV-BULLETINS ca.govt-bulletins / California government-related announce CA_POLITICS ca.politics / Political topics of interest to California r C_D_MODEMS comp.dcom.modems / Data communications hardware and softwa C_D_TELECOM comp.dcom.telecom / Telecommunications digest. (Moderated) C_D_TELECOM_TECH comp.dcom.telecom.tech / Discussion of technical aspects o C_M_HEADERS comp.mail.headers / Gatewayed from the Internet header-peo R_GUNS rec.guns / Discussions about firearms. (Moderated) ;The following are internet `Mailing Lists' online at borderline ;; NOTE that ALL `Mailing Lists' are _READ-ONLY_ for all systems outside ; of 102/825 due to software limitations... though replies to articles are ; encouraged by email. ;TAP-RESOURCES-LIST tap-resources@essential.org / Ralph Nader & co on enviro-i C-NEWS-LIST c-news@world.std.com / Conservative political announcement CYPHERPUNKS cypherpunks@toad.com / Cypherpunks Mailing List CONSTPARTY constparty@tomahawk.welch.jhu.edu / Constitutional Party M DEM-NET dem-net@netcom.netcom.com / Discussion List of the Democra CA-FIREARMS-LIST CA-FIREARMS@shell.portal.com / CA-FIREARMS: Discussion of FIREARMS-ALERT FIREARMS-ALERT@shell.portal.com / FIREARMS-ALERT: Firearms RKBA-ALERT RKBA-ALERT: NRA Right to Keep and Bear Arms Announcement L REMAILER-OPERATORS remailer-operators@c2.org / Discussion area for anonymous GILS-LIST / Government Information Locator -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.7 Comment: Call 818-345-8640 voice for info on Keep Out magazine. iQCVAwUBLvk9zWj9fvT+ukJdAQGe7gQAglG1BbREQOmi3bOtRMQAIHZx28v9OT/J 2cFZXFwM20dC7ezcfONfBoS87M287hKqMYMs9zz8Y+UEpt7nfypNz/zGOrSssocA FiZh5IHOckxV/+Fhkxn9GNl1xGBiRTLxXaat0u3GtG1W2A+gioVP0I9Nyzamcmbb cL50KBiWs2Y= =M5uA -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- **EZ-PGP v1.07 ... If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried. --- Blue Wave/RA v2.12 # Origin: The Sprawl -- 818-342-5127 -- Tarzana, California, USA (1:102/903) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694201 From: Michael Hagerty Area: Public Key Encryption To: Jason Carr 22 Dec 94 19:59:00 Subject: Revoke.bat UpdReq Jason, I checked out the revocation script and found that the DOS 5.0 under OS/2 hoses the quoted name up. Specifically, when using REVOKE "Michael Patrick Hagerty" what got sent to the command line was PGP -kx "Michael SAVED.KEY" So I used only one name and it worked just fine. I also generated the revocation certificate as an ASCII file, since I believe that it has to enclosed in a message posted to one of the popular servers to be effective. I have listed the revised script below. Since it is possible to generate 2047-bit keys after the 1st of the year with PGP 2.6.2 and use them immediately, I set my machine's clock ahead and generated the longer keys. I gather that I should now post the extracted .ASC copy of my 2047-bit key to one of the "popular" servers so that it becomes available and usable by my correspondents. Before generating the new keys I generated a revocation certificate for my 1024-bit key using the "improved" script. I had dutifully saved the old .PGP rings away before generating the new keys, including an .ASC copy of my public key, later storing with them the generated revocation certificate for the old 1024-bit key. All seems well with the world, but I do have several questions: Is it necessary (or even advisable) to revoke the 1024-bit key at the same time I register the new 2047-bit key? Will revoking the key then diminish the trust for keys I had signed with the 1024-bit key? Should I then "remove" the 1024-bit key from my rings? Does the extracted .ASC copy of my new public key include both the 1024 and the new 2047-bit keys, or just the 2047-bit key? How do I differentiate between them, if I can, when signing a message as both of them have the same User ID? The pass phrase protects the ring and not the key, correct? I have generated a revocation certificate for the 2047-bit key. Will this certificate revoke the 1024-bit key as well or just the bigger key? I have read Stallings' new book, but I did not see any discussion of this situation. I even went through, heaven forbid, Zimmerman's docs and failed to see the issue addressed. Regards, Mikey echo off rem REVOKE.BAT, an automation of the key revocation process. rem Please proofread and correct before use. rem jason carr, 1:124/3208 rem rem Make a backup of your keyring, in case things get weird. Then, rem put this .bat in your PGP directory, and call it from the DOS rem prompt thusly: rem REVOKE name rem rem ie, I would say REVOKE carr rem rem rem Extant key is extracted to SAVED.KEY rem PGP -kx %1 SAVED.KEY rem rem Key is revoked rem PGP -kd %1 rem rem Revocation is extracted to REVOKED.ASC rem PGP -kxa %1 REVOKED.ASC rem rem Revocation is DELeted rem PGP -kr %1 rem rem Original key is imported from SAVED.KEY rem PGP -ka SAVED.KEY rem End, REVOKE.BAT --- QScan v1.065b # Origin: Nitelog BBS Monterey CA (408) 655-1096 (1:216/303) (1:216/303) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694201