From: Eric Duchaine Area: ORGONE To: Tous 20 Dec 94 19:42:00 Subject: A very interesting experiment UpdReq Hi, From Montreal :) Every time I come here I always wonder if anybody receive this base or if I'm receiving the messages corectly..... Well if anybody see this messages please send me a line...:) In the mean time I want to give you one of my best arcticle I'v found on orgone.... till now..... Hope you like it.....Merry Chrismas, and peace to the mans of good will ________________________________________________________________________ | From : KeelyNet BBS | DataLine : (214) 324-3501 | Sysop : Jerry W. Decker | Voice : (214) 324-8741 | File Name : REICH_XX.ASC | Online Date : 05/22/94 | Contributed by : Ron McWilliams | Dir Category : ENERGY -------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Experiments with a Reich Orgone Accumulator as a Power Generation Device" Dedicated to the memory of Dr. Wilhelm Reich I reconstructed the experiment XX (originally performed by Wilhelm Reich), as best I could. The Accumulator was constructed of triangle cut sheets of galvanized iron, 3/16" mahogany plank, lead, wax paper, aluminum and radio-ctive source. The tetrahedron accumulator was 23" x 23" x 23" exterior dimension standar galvanized iron layered 3/16" mahogany for a total of 12 layers of each. The next three layers consisted of aluminum, wax paper then lead, the inside lead chamber was 4" x 4" x 4". My experiment mirrored his as best could. Substitutions had to be made, but I was finally ready to test the experiment. With a brand new geiger-counter and a video recorder we (myself and an assistant) were off! --------------------------------------------------------------- A full account of Reich's Experiment XX is found in Chapter II of "The Cancer Biopathy", c.1973. The chapter is titled: "Orgone Energy Vesicles (Bions) and the Natural Organization of Protozoa" The only thing this dissertation and the experiment have in common is that an ORAC (ORgone energy ACcumulator) was used in both. Reich's was a 3 fold (layer) Orac, 1 cubic foot in size. --------------------------------------------------------------- Upon reaching the selected site, we set up camp and assembled the experiment. Almost immediately we began to have problems with the equipment! The geiger-counter (which was new) wouldn't work and the video recorder was unable to record when we were near the experiment. Our portable power generator ran as if the timing was off. All the equipment had been tested prior to our departure and was in perfect workin order with the exception of the geiger counter (which was new) and I only had the nickel sixty-three isotope which I intended to use as a source, bu no calibration source was available for testing the geiger counter, however, it was brand new, and I felt sure it was OK. It did register back ground radiation at the lab. However, radioactive detection was negligible from our nickel sixty-three/kn 22 gas filled tube At first I thought it was just coincidence or bad luck. But when we left camp the video recorder began working fine and the generator began to run smoothly once again. The geiger-counter however, still would not work so I figured it was broke and ordered a replacement. Meanwhile, I borrowed another geiger counter from a school and brought it out to the field. This one also stopped working. So I went once again to a school and again borrowed yet another geiger-counter. This time I kept it on and monitored the readings from Page 1 Canton High School to our camp a distance of 7 miles away. We noticed from 2 miles away, the background count increased slightly, so by the time we got back to our camp it had increased by an average of four counts per minute for a total of eleven counts per minute. Thus we had solved the geiger counter problem and through this method of conditioning all three worked fine. Also, I received word back from Ludlu company from whom I purchased the detector and to whom I had sent the firs one back to for fixing or replacement who indicated he had performed lab tests on the geiger counter but found no problems at all, and could offer no reason for the unit's failure at our test site. From this I deduced the accumulator had directly interferred with the detector's operation at the camp location of the experiment. So having solved my problems with the detectors, I found that from a distance of one hundred feet away from the accumulator, readings nearly doubled! Readings at all locations were substantially lower than at the accumulator! This was most interesting, there was no way the radio active (nickel 63) switching tube should be influential since it was covered with 3/8" inch of lead and 1/8"inches of aluminum. Added to this was the multiple layers of galvanized steel and wood for a gross weight of approximately 70 pounds. During the monitoring period of the experiment, I noticed that the radiation output would gradually increase and then suddenly drop back down to nearly zero. Then the process would start all over each time gaining i radio-active output. Prior to this monitoring period some rather unique events occurred. The first of these was the arrival of mayflies and the breeding activities of these insects in the immediate vicinity of our experiment immediately following the setting up of the experiment. This lasted for about 3 hours and then they left. Following this we observed a bumblebee flying around the experiment which suddenly dove straight into the experiment, fell down dead and in less tha 2 hours appeared totally dehydrated and looked as if it had been in the su for days. Its body was extremely dry and brittle. Following this, simila events occurred with wasps. Now during this time the geiger-counter was not functioning and no correlation to the radio-activity is definitely known. However, later whe the geiger-counter was replaced with one that we had managed to keep in operation, I found that the radiation levels would reach a peak and start new cycle. Many times these peaks would immediately precede some strange event. An example, on March 26, 1989, about three weeks after I first introduced the isotope into the accumulator, I had just finished taking readings on the various monitoring equipment at the site of the experiment, when suddenly the entire area lit up with a orange cast. I turned around to se its source, and in the sky directly in front of me I observed a bright orange-red fireball. This occurred in the evening around 10:45 p.m. I estimated this phenomenon to be roughly the size of a basketball, 50 fee in the air and moving north to south at approximately 8 m.p.h. The distance from which I observed this was 125 feet. No noise accompanied this nor were there clouds in the area. This fireball lasted approximatel 5 seconds then disappeared in full view and totally unobscured from sight. Page 2 During the field observations there were several times when storms would move through the area and also just clouds coming across. Interestingly holes would appear in the clouds as they moved overhead, as if the experiment was generating some sort of force field which blocked the moisture content of the clouds but after passing through the field the holes would quickly fill themselves back in again. The most dramatic account occurred when a thunder storm, accompanied by strong winds and rain, moved into the area; and even though wind was blowing quite hard, and it was pouring down rain all around us, the hole i the sky remained and we were able to stay relatively dry. After a month of field observations, I moved the experiment back to the laboratory where I continued the monitoring of the experiment. Almost immediately upon our arrival, the office computer, phones system and the closed circuit t.v. monitors began to malfunction. The computer would jus dump and lose all the information that had been typed into it. This did not put me on the programmer's favorite person list and finally the computer was just turned off and left off during the remainder of the experiment. Also the phone system as I mentioned above started to malfunction it would have heavy static on the line and would loose connection during a phone conversation. We also experienced a rash of wrong numbers or no answers when the phone would ring. Customers began to complain that the lines were always busy and they could not get through. The phone company sent crew after crew out, but they neve could fix the problem or tell us why it was happening. No other businesse in the area were experiencing any problems so our equipment was tested and was reported to be in perfect working order! The T.V. monitoring system was less than 2 months old and was generally so full of static that you could hardly tell what you were looking at, it too was tested and no apparent reason could be found as to the bad picture on the monitor. However the systems were not always bad; the degree of trouble seemed to coincide with the height of the radiation emitted by the experiment. During the radio-active lulls the equipment would function fine. One Monday morning I decided to clean up my laboratory and after doing so returned to the office where the T.V. viewing monitor was located. While watching the different scenes appear on the viewer from the different camera locations, my lab appeared on the viewer... the lab appeared just like it had before I cleaned and rearranged it. I thought someone was playing a joke on me but my lab was cleaned and the camera was on but the picture on the monitor was clearly wrong! I called the company that installed the system and they could not explain the picture as we had no recording equipment for the system and the rest of th cameras were working fine. After calling several video experts we found out that this type phenomenon was called a "burn-in" which is similar to what happens when a bright ligh is directed into a video camera and the light leaves a trail when it is moved away. However this type was the result of not light but electricity We were told the power required for this type event was generally in the kilo-volts or higher and should eventually ware off. The expert was right Page 3 and the images faded away by the next day, however the question remained a to the power source that had caused the problem in the first place? A possible solution became apparent about three weeks later. One evening my partner and the secretary were working late and a storm moved into the area they noticed that the lightning was unusually heavy and had a variety of different colors, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and white. During the storm, they noticed that my lab door was open and the room was filled with an electrical type fire, green in color and suspended in mid air! They watched this from a distance of sixty feet or so and amidst the light show a shadowy figure appeared in front of the door which was about six feet tall. The fire and the figure both remained for about two minutes before disappearing. My partner called me at my house and told me of the events that had transpired. The next day I found that nothing had been burned and the only evidence left was that the T.V. camera was no longer working. The next day, however, the camera once again was working. A similar event occurred about 4 weeks later. I had moved the experiment into my office from the lab and one morning while opening the door to the office I noticed light coming out from under the door. When I opened the door the room was filled with what appeared to be thousands of little blue dots of light about the size of a pin head floating all around the room. Within seconds the dots vanished and the room was filled with the smell of ozone. ( The same smell produced after a thunder storm or a high voltage transformer.) A few weeks later the co-owner of the company was in my office discussing a business matter when he leaned against a glass door I had covered with a piece of galvanized steel which imparted a sizable shoc to him and left me quite red faced. He thought I had somehow electrified the door and failed to warn him of th danger. I had not electrified the door in any manner and the only explanation I could give was that the experimental accumulator was only inches away from the door and some how it may have electrified the door. After this, it was decided to move the experiment to a back building where it would pose no threat to employees or equipment and it could be kept separate from the main building as the problems with the phones continued to plague our business. During this time the counts from the geiger- counter ranged from 10-120 counts per minute(C.P.M.). Ten C.P.M. being the time following the sudden drops from the peaks of which had increased to 120 C.P.M.. About three weeks after I had moved the experiment to the isolated buildin the owner, co-owner and myself went to monitor the experiment. As we started to leave, the geiger-counter that had been reading about 78 C.P.M. suddenly began registering a rapid climb in C.P.M. until it went off scale Switching to a higher scale we watched in amazement as it proceeded beyond the increased counter range. Once again I switched to a higher range, and the counter showed no signs of slowing down. Now the C.P.M.'s were over 100,000! The clicks of the counter sounded like a machine gun and if we were measuring radio-activity then the danger to us was becoming too great and so we made a hasty retreat. The distance away from the experiment we monitored the first onset of the Page 4 rapid climb in C.P.M. was seven feet. The distance away from the experiment still reading a climb in C.P.M. was thirty-eight feet! We returned to the area thirty minutes later and the C.P.M.'s were down to 27 C.P.M. During the next few weeks the peaks topped out around 70 C.P.M. and no other extraordinarily high readings were observed. I once again moved the experiment. This time I moved it to a location whic had better accessibility so I could monitor it easier. Three weeks later while taking measurements I contracted a headache and became slightly nauseous. After leaving the area the headache and nausea left me as suddenly as it has arrived. This led me to believe that the experiment was somehow responsible, so I called over a lab assistant and asked him to go into the room and retrieve my note book. After doing so he commented on the fact that the room felt stuffy and he too had experienced a mild head ache while in the room. It was at this point that I decided to stop the experiment. I was satisfied 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Eric Duchaine Area: ORGONE To: Tous 20 Dec 94 19:42:00 Subject: 2 A very interesting experiment UpdReq that Dr. Reich's observations in regards to the effects of Orgone accumulator on a radio-active isotope had merit. I shut down the accumulator by pouring salt-water into the core and saturated all the layers with salt-water. This has effectively stopped th effects of the experiment and the isotope has been removed from the accumulator. The conclusions that I reached from this experiment are: That Orgone theory is the key as claimed by Dr. Reich in regard to the applications he cited. I hope others will repeat this experiment and make known the results they obtain. As I have done this experiment only once I do not know for a fact that the events I noted were in fact due to the accumulator or were merely coincidence. But I do know that this was one of the most exciting years of my life. Th partner funding my research experienced some financial problems and we wil continue once funding is available for this venture, but until that day arrives I leave this diary of the events. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Vangard Notes Ron McWilliams has been a friend for several years now. We first met a a Star Trek convention in the Dallas area where I was manning a video booth for the then MUFON MetroPlex UFO group of which I was President. I was showing the Meiers video from Switzerland and Ronnie and I struck up a conversation. We found many common interests, especially harmonizing on the intent of technical duplication for useful devices. Ron was hesitant to mention any details of his own Reichian experiment, but he eventually gave me the inside story. I then helped him write up a research proposal which he used to gain funding for the project. Chuck Henderson is our resident Reich Honcho, although I am not unfamiliar with the material. Being aware of Reichs' work, I knew he said that Orgone energy attracted moisture and would accelerate the decay of radioactive sources. Bearing that in mind, you can see the quite interesting correlations with Ronnie's experiment. I must point out that Ron and I had heavy discussions regarding the Page 5 dangers Reich pointed out with regard to the production of DOR as manifested by radioactive sources. He insisted that his device was designed to absorb those rays before they could escape and reap havoc. In fact, now that I recall the ORIGINAL proposal, it was for an Orgone Power Generator based on the use of atomic batteries. The basic premise was that atomic batteries were available that would capture beta and gamma emissions, and convert those directly t electricity. If a radioactive element was inserted into a properly constructed Orgon Accumulator with collection plates to channel the emissions to the appropriate battery, then the device would directly produce electrical power that would be proportionate to the degree of orgone excitation. The use of a pyramidal container was also in the original proposal although I felt a spherical container might be more appropriate because of the lack of studies with regard to radioactive energies in conjunction with pyramid amplification. However, it was Ron's idea and I was honored to be in the know about it before, during and after the project. It was kept quiet all this time until Ron decided he could do no more with it and kindly sent it to us here at KeelyNet. Around the time of the project, I received a call from Joel Carlinsky. We discussed the project and Joel went BALLISTIC over the phone. I explained that Ron and I had discussed the possible problems and he was quite aware of them. In an attempt to minimize the dangers, he chose to use a test site that is about 45 miles from the Dallas area and about 7 miles from a small town (Canton, site of the largest Flea Market in the United States - 1s Monday Trade Days). This area of research is still wide open and the use of the Orgone for power generation is quite intriguing. I'd like to thank Ron for sharin this with all of us. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- KeelyNet (214) 324-3501 is a FREE Alternative Sciences BBS Your file contributions and financial support are much appreciated! -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Send me your Idees, I'm planing presentely to try it Eric Duchaine, Montreal,Canada Page 6 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718