From: The Cegorach Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 7 Apr 97 03:09:00 Subject: WILHELM REICH, ROBERT ANT UpdReq Cara Soror, -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to The Cegorach <=- RD> 93 Ceg, RD> Y'know, I've never read Reich, in spite of his ubiquitousness RD> in convo among lots of my associates! Which one didja get, the one with RD> the title kidz snicker over? ;> Haven'tg read _Prometheus Rising_ _The Mass Psychology of Fascism_; _The Function of the Orgasm_ and _Character Analysis_ are on order. :^) RD> either...the Illuminatus stuff, and the uhmm...can't remember! RD> _Nature's God_ was I think the 2nd of the trilogy tho for the most part packed up, save several Crowley's and a few Denning & RD> PHillips, I couldn't check, and can't remember to save my RD> Life-in-Death!>. What kinda exercises? General stuff to Warp Yer Head. Like, pretend you're a Nazi; argue the case for racial cleansing. Then, the next exercise, pretend you're a Jew; refute your previous argument. Or, go to a bar, get *really* drunk, and begin calling everyone in the room "assholes", at first affectionately, then belligerently; note their reactions. > the similarity to vibration of god-names;I figure if I can "get" vibration > by listening to Emerson, Lake and Palmer, I'd do even better listening to > these guys. Some of the vocal effects are, to me, startling--they > don't sound (again, to me) like human voices, but rather like movie sound > effects or some such. RD> RD> Yah, it's a flat trip! I've got several similar tapes--hmm, no CDs! ;> Deacon at my very first Mass apparently hasd studied the techniques and RD> employed them in his AUMGn'ing and IAOing. Intense--but made the rest RD> of us wanna keep quiet instead of joining in! ;> I think it'd be really cool to learn, and then teach, those techniques myself. Imagine a whole congregation doing it. (Echoes of Arlo Guthrie, from "Alice's Restaurant": "Now, friends, imagine 50 people--I say, 50 people a day...they'll think it's a *movement*." -:) RD> Oyah, I just bought--for Raistlynne's homeschooling Honors English RD> class, at least exoterically --a buncha the "claSsics" that I'd RD> somehow negelected to every actually *own*..._Gargantua & Pantagruel_, RD> _The Inferno_, _Paradise Lost_...and _A Clockwork Orange_, which I RD> spoze counts as a "claSsic." ;> And borrowed _Stranger In A Strange RD> Land_, the un-edited version, which I'd managed never even to *read* RD> before...it was a regular 'reading Rainbow' for a couplea weeks there. I actually liked the edited version of SiaSL better, as it contained Heinlein's definition of love (not in the original), which I think is *the* best def ever, and runs something like, "Love is when the object of your affection has to be happy for you to be happy." So damned simple a def.... RD> BTW, here we are in Oasis...so tell me about this teevee thang you RD> mentioned a while back! It should be in the 4-5 page monster post I just sent a day or so ago.... Fraternally, Larry 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718