From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Christeos Pir 22 Mar 95 07:26:10 Subject: PONY EXPRESS UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Are you guyz cut off from NuitNet again? Or are we? :/ Maybe traffic has just been s-l-o-w again...hope you and Alma are enjoying your new 'status'! :> I wanted to ask a favor...do you still talk to Thomas T.? If so, couldja please pass along the word for me that I've received his letter, and am emerging from another period of 'doing Silence' and will reply very soon? Things have just been crazy here lately...a real juggling act! ;> I want to be able to give my reply the attention his letter warrants, rather than rush something off in between teaching the kid, building the Temple, and interviewing the victims--err, I mean literary assistants! }:> Love to you & Alma! Hope to hear from you soon. Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Fir 22 Mar 95 07:51:56 Subject: Re: PLUTO RETRO UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Thanks. What'd you think of the 'surprise'? Even though there > are 3 O.T.O. bodies in the Seattle area, and one in Tacoma, I > didn't hear about anything happening for the Equinox. Kallisti Camp > did put on Rite of Luna this past Saturday though. I didn't go > but I heard much fun was had by all. The surprise was keen--she did a beautiful job. :> The energy is only now finally disippating, and I'm bummed! I like riding the Current. ;> I'm surprised nobody did anything--it being Thelemic New Year as well as the plain ol' Equinox. Even though we're in the middle of construction in the Temple, we all felt it was appropriate to gather for ritual and celebration, and I'm confident that we're *all* very glad we did. It went ace, and the Feasting and rejoicing were bitchin too! There was some talk of doing something for Summer Solstice this year, which we haven't traditionally gathered for. I think the 'surprise' inspired all us Happy Campers. ;> When're you planning your next visit out this way? > I found what looks to be a very promising book: _Gate of Rebirth: > Astrology Regeneration and 8th House Mysteries_ by Haydn Paul. > I already had his books on the outer planets, Uranus, Neptune, > and Pluto, but this book looks meatier. Thanks for the ref. Next time I have money, I'm planning to look for it, and probably the other books by the dude as well. Cross yer fingers for me--this morning I'm turning in my very first assignment on the regular weekly column, and if the publisher likes the copy and the photographer can live with my inexpertly-snapped flics, I should be back on my feet financially and ready to kick ass and take names and buy books again. ;> > Well in the astrology class I recently finished taking, it was > suggested that planets in conjunction rarely operate alone and that > the best way to isolate a planet's energy would be to observe transits > to it. Also, Venus is IMO not one of the stronger planets when put > up against some of the others. Transit advice makes sense. This is a dumb thought, but do you think Venus might manifest through a sense of pleasure in the energy of the conjunctive planet...or the ability to take some of the heavy-duty effects more lightly than one would otherwise? I'll prob start taking some astrology classes at a local bookstore in the very near future here, and cracking my astro books again...there's just been *so* much to do, and I spoze it's human nature to concentrate study time on stuff that interests me and I already know something about, rather than brushing up where brushing up is really needed. That'll change! ;> > And you're not an astro-dunce either! Am too! I have a dunce cap in the planetary colors with the astrological sigils written all over it, to prove it! ;> >> Did you pursue the investigation any further? > Science, of course!> > > Hey, let's talk about this off-line . Sure thang! }:> > If I have, I've forgotten about it. I would think that it would be > impossible to ignore sexual issues with any Mars/Pluto aspect. > Again, certain indicators came up for dominance/submission sexual > tendencies in this recent class, but I'd have to check my notes to > recall them. The instructor put the emphasis on the 5th house as > the house of sex over the 8th. 5th house recreational, 8th house > procreational. It works for him. It works for me too. Would you say explicitly 'procreational' though? I'm wondering if 'creative' in a wider sense could fit in there...hmm, just an idle thought. > Undoubtedly! One of the things I've been acutely aware of on > occasion is how different elements communicate differently > sexually. How the energy can be different during sex in people with > an emphasis of varying elements in their charts. It almost > seems to me like a miscommunication when you mix different elements. I remember some discussion about the sexual aspects of Mercury at one time, and seem to recall it being fairly interesting. Maybe only cuz I'd been doing lots of Mercstuff at the time! Could you explain a bit more about mixing different elements? I'm not sure I follow...you mean, simply, lots of fire in the chart vs. lots of water, air, earth, etc.? Or something else? Would depend how they were 'mixed' maybe... . > Would you believe that I've made sure her book is not out in the > open right now, that I cover it with something else. Strange things > were happening that were a nuisance to deal with. I'll come back > to her stuff for sure. Just not now. I do know *exactly* what you mean. Not specifically with her stuff, but there have been a couple books that had just that effect with me. I even ended up giving one away completely, to get it outa my sphere of influence totally! =:o I know it sounds silly but hey, it made sense to me at the time. ;> > Well, I better sign off before I ramble into oblivion. Let me know > if/when you post a question to Josh Norton on Pluto so I can keep > an eye out for his response. Will do. Did you catch his first, long post about Pluto on Magicknet? It'll probably be a while before I post anything else...his original reply gave me a lot to think on, and as I said, I'm gonna be doing 'Astrology 101' for a while before I feel competent to even ask intelligent, informed questions. ttyl! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718