From: Frater M.'. O.'. M.'. Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 9 Jan 95 04:26:10 Subject: Re: CALL WASTING... Rec'd UpdReq -=> Rose Dawn said to Frater M.'. O.'. M.'. (07 Jan 95 13:01:47) <=- Re: Re: CALL WASTING... RD> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> RD> Thanks, MOM! LOL...sorry. ;> Well, glad to inspire a laugh, one way or another.... :) RD> Tried it that way, believe it or not, and it didn't work. :/ But, so Oh, I believe it. For me, the *70 doesn't work. Go figure. Must be the daemons in *my* puter prefer one way, yer daemons have different tastes, that's all. This is a Grand Mystery that relates both to that sub-variant of Murphy's Law (It always works for the repairman) and the Christeos Pir-inciple. To wit, hast thou made the appropriate offerings to your Holy Guardian Electrons of late? RD> far, putting the *70 in right before the telephone number on RD> individual telephone book entries seems to be working, rather than RD> trying to enter it in one or another of the init strings...cross RD> fingers, knock wood! RD> You've been quiet lately, howya been? Tired as hell, hurried, no time for much of anything but Burger F***ing King. Still chugging away through _A True and Faithful Relation_, Thelema Lodge Calendars, and _Collected Works of Aleister Crowley, Vols. I-III_. That, and going 'puter crazy. Bought a 486 motherboard. Installed it. Bought a 2nd 14.4 modem. Installed it. Re-installed Windoze. Re-re-installed it. Kicked it. Re-re-re-re-installed it, finally it works. Now I'm running a multi-node BBS, putting out limited advertising again. Really, all the damned memory configuration/com port/IRQ juggling plus trying to bludgeon my way through Windoze has been devouring my time. Keep putting off asana work. Keep putting off pentagram rits. Keep putting off complete sentences, too. :) Actually, the prose style above rather mirrors the terse, staccato feel of my life at the moment. At work, we're running a $.99 Whopper promotion, which means about six times the normal business, with half the normal employees. Suprised I have time to *breathe*, much less spend hours plooking around with modems and Windoze and BBS software...next month, 4 megs more plus an additional line, hopefully...and perhaps some sleep. :) Love, Light, Laughter Larry ... Common sense is what tells you the Earth is flat. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718