From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Christeos Pir 16 Dec 94 10:28:14 Subject: Re: 7TH GRADE UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Nice to see some traffic in the Oasis again! ;> > Hah. The REAL difference between what you're providing and public > school isn't in the classwork or the quality of the teaching, it's in > the lack of time spent comparing clothes, jewelry and boyfriends! LOL. My sister was worried about Tam's 'socialization'...I reassured her by telling her Tam's got plenty of friends in Other Places to compare clothes, jewelry and boyfriends with! Sigh...my phone used to be busy a lot cuz I was always online...*now* it's busy cuz the addle-escent is yakking away for three hours at a time with grrlz'n'guyz of various types. > Jaz: Oops, I forgot my math book. Can I call Samantha and see if > she can come over and bring hers? > > Me: I thought you were mad at eachother? > > Jaz: ::sigh:: You just don't understand. Hehehehe! Sounds familiar. Has she accused you of being 'un-Thelemic' when you say No to her yet? It's the Thelemic kid's version of "you're so UNFAIR!" I guess! I've been able to put a stop to it by waving Liber II under her nose and suggesting she ponder the difference between Will and whim, so far . > How long are you gonna do this? I mean, through High Stool too, or > just Middle? Dunno yet for sure. The 'plan' at this point is leaning toward continuing through middle school, then 're-mainstreaming' at high school level, but we're gonna finish out the year on home study and take stock & see. She may decide to go back for 8th grade, although at this point she doubts it. We'll see. ;> > It'd be great, but I don't know. Alma's talking about _Northern_ > Calif., or possibly back to NOLA, though where the money's to come from > is beyond me! And a friend's mother has a timeshare in the Bahamas for > a week and has asked us (all we'd need is airfare and meals)... IOW, > who knows? But it'd be fun, fer sherr. Veremos... Bahamas sounds great to me! LOL...azzif, at least at this point in my financial life. Tam's favorite aunt lives in the Upper Marlboro, MD area, and just yesterday she mentioned *really* wanting to visit her again...that'd be close enuff so that we could jet back and forth and spend some time with the Blake-ies as well. Might could happen! And if you spent some time in Northern Cal, it'd be a short flight/train ride down to ol' So-Cal...I'm sure we'll meet up in the 'flesh' one of these daze! ;> ttyl! 93's to Alma & Jaz. Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718