From: Irv Koch Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 24 Mar 94 19:35:22 Subject: Re: TWISTED UpdReq -=> Quoting Irv Koch to Melissa Bech <=- IK> Thanks! He was the main hub. If he'd gone down, the whole region IK> would have been knocked out. I've got people off MB> the Internet version IK> of CAW looking for a PODS board (he's the Regional Hub for that) in IK> Seattle .... Thankyou thankyou. MB> There is another board in Seattle called SidheMail but I'll have to MB> rummage around for their number if you want it. They get all the MB> same stuff as Grendel, so I bet they're a PODS deal MB> too, huh? I really MB> know very little about this. I was thinking of trying to learn how Right. Grendel FEEDS the other PODS boards in Seattle. If he goes they're dead. MB> to do a small scale board, just for fun. What exactly is an Internet MB> version of CAW, anyhow? Setting up a POINT is about half the work as setting up a board. OTOH, setting up a board if you have someone else's to do a copy of and then change is reasonable. There is the CAW echo on PODS. There is an Internet newsgroup called alt.religion.all-worlds which has its own traffic. I get them both and mannually crosspost messages. Eventually I'm going to to put in software to "gate" the two together so each gets every post the other has. CAW is Church of All Worlds. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Captain Rock Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 23 Mar 94 13:45:02 Subject: Re: . UpdReq Mystics from on high have received clear images of Melissa Bech writing to Captain Rock: MB> I like the variety of musical interests you mention. Thanks. I just like what I like, and for no tangible reason. MB> Alternative theatre MB> is what is done by folks who are a little on the edge of MB> mainstream MB> in their esthetic, yes the spoof was part of that type of MB> theatre. Okay, that sounds like the definition of alternative music and it makes sense. I guess I'd have to see some to get the picture. MB> Sondheim is a guy who writes just about every musical on MB> Broadway. MB> He is the show tunes version of Philip Glass. Knows three or MB> four notes MB> and uses some naughty themes in his songs. I am afraid I MB> never was MB> fond of him but his latest show "Assassins" is a MUSICAL about MB> people MB> who killed or attempted to kill celebrities. ......heheheheheheh........... I've never heard of Philip Glass either. Somehow, "Assassins" doesn't appeal to me... I'm not a celebrity, but I have a lot in common with them, meaning that I try my best to show strangers a good time and have no reason to want to hurt anyone. In other words, that synopsis hits a little too close to home with me. MB> I did PR for a living for a while. Got tempo-mandibular jaw MB> syndrome MB> from smiling too much... If only I could see your expressions and hear your inflections; one moment, I take your words at face value, and the next, I find that you were being ironic. Anyway, I know what you mean about the smile muscles. I have the same problem, but it's the nature of the beast and I have to play the role if I want to play non-metal rock, and I do, more than anything else. MB> Twelve-step refers to the step outlined by such programs as MB> Alcoholics MB> Anonymous and others to work toward healthier living. I see. For some reason, I had thought that it was some sort of religious philosophy. Thank you. MB> Nope. I had a friend in the Red Cross who went there, and met MB> some MB> dudes in the music industry (I don't talk too much about his MB> specific- MB> ally, since they could be at risk) who, when she asked them if MB> there MB> was anything she could do for them, told her simply "we would MB> love MB> to have an autograph from Pearl Jam". So, I got a bunch of the MB> Seattle bands to sign stuff and send records (or CDs). We got MB> the stuff MB> delivered by special courier, sorta. It finally got there, MB> after MB> months. Imagine the look on the face of the guy who unrolls a MB> four by eight poster, signed by all the members of the band, MB> and MB> t-shirts and everything. There is such hope in living for MB> art, even MB> in the face of such great adversity as war and starvation. We MB> sent MB> food and medical supplies, too, don't get me wrong. That's very nice, and I certainly recognize that there are needs other than food and medicine. What you sent, other than the necessities of living, is exactly the sort of thing that can make people feel as though there is something beyond the squalor that they see every day. Well done! MB> Where do you play music at? Bars and parties, and we're working on an album and a movie. MB> Hey, no problem. Sorry I wrote so much as to overwhelm. I MB> told MB> a musician friend of mine to check this out, she's interested MB> in MB> discussing modern music and my knowledge is very limited. My MB> brief MB> venture into MTV recently revealed a band called Crash Test MB> Dummies MB> which I kinda liked. I've been hearing about The Crash Test Dummies on RockNet lately, but haven't yet had the pleasure of hearing their music myself. I haven't yet seen a negative review of them. =Rock= 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Malkuvio Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 23 Mar 94 21:29:00 Subject: TWISTED UpdReq MB> on a certain level. But, I'm not looking to get hooked up MB> groups, no matter how loosely structured, at this point. Yeah, I appreciate that. Labels have a *really* sticky backing and it hurts like Hel to try to get them off. MB> I apologize for invoking the seventies, even indirectly. Leo, MB>TAurus MB> husband. You got it... Wow, am I good or what! Heh heh, now maybe people won't laugh quite so hard when I tell them I'm a genius. Shyah. Too much Wampum leave bad aftertaste. Blah. MB> That's true, it was very selfish of me to give money to MB> I could continue to use his service. It is kind of him to MB> and I can contribute only a fraction of what I see as it's Not too selfish. Rather generous and compassionate. The Dali-Lama would be proud. I think your access to the board could be construed as being good Karma, with immediate return. MB> have enough information to take over on a much smaller scale, MB> just save up for the equipment I need. I don't know enough MB> do that, so I'm buying time, and I'll just have to be patient MB> getting the other things I want. The ability to "talk" with Hope it works, n' stuff. My mind once tried to convince me to try to figure it all out. Heh. I still carry a grudge. You mentioned it's fun even when arguing. I got into a bad situation with a mis-type, and then proceeded to screw up more over in Reincarnation. The hard part is admiting I screwed up. I keep trying to stop, but when I receive a return message, I can't help but dig a little deeper. Rrrr. Maybe If I Ignore IT.... MB> Hey! It was a joke! (but I do feel that synchronized MB>Malkuvio-naming MB> could become a major event at pagan festivals everywhere). Sounds. Simply. Joyous. Anyway, I've gotta go, and this message is too long anyway. I quit a typing course in High School, and now my fingers cramp. At this rate I'll never be a writer. Sheesh. M. Hah-ha-ha, heh heh heh, ohohohohhhhoooooo. Whew. "Always leave 'em laughin', even if you're the only one doin' it." 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718