From: Captain Rock Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 3 Mar 94 14:39:32 Subject: Re: . UpdReq Mystics from on high have received clear images of Melissa Bech writing to Captain Rock: MB> No problem. I tend toward the maudlin and macabre, however, MB> if not MB> downright inane. I can't say that I go for inane, but I'm sure that I manage it from time to time. Hmmm... I think I just did. As for macabre, I just have passing fits of that, usually brought on by my spotting a weak attempt at it. MB> I'm doing some important work right now, mainly contemplative. MB> I MB> have a lot of fun typing at Rose Dawn...Uh, I have very cool MB> kids I tend not to throw at lot at Rose, mostly because I don't have the stomach to be maudlin. The fact is that she's so far along what I consider the right track, I can rarely do more than agree with her, and I dislike making "right on!" posts. Rose, if you're reading, enjoy, because this is as much as you'll get out of me. MB> (my daughter is in varsity water polo, the only MB> semi-alternative MB> jock in her school). both my son and daughter are interested MB> in MB> acting, so I am interested in helping them get to do it. I am I'm always happy to hear about parents who help their children to pursue their dreams. Too many fight with their childrens' wills, always trying to divert them into some "solid" career. I'm a musician. That's really all I am and all I want to be. Still, my father tried his best to make an auto mechanic out of me. It makes me feel good to know that all parents aren't that way. In fact, as a member of the entertainment industry, I'm going to help your kids right now. Here's what I'd like for you to tell them: Get a job, any job. Save up a few hundred dollars. Have about five rolls of black & white pictures done *professionally*, showing as much variety of looks as you can muster. Get composites made (any convenient casting agency can fill you in on those), but be sure to make them stand out from all the rest. For example, you might try something like using a bright neon-coloured cardstock instead of the standard white. Get 1000 of them printed. Send them to any and all directors for whom you can get mailing addresses (getting those addresses can be an adventure in itself), but also take every opportunity to get near the studios and leave your composites lying around anywhere that the appropriate executive -might- see it, including the washroom. Always remember that squeaky wheels get all the grease and crybabies get all the milk. Don't be rude, but don't be a shrinking violet, either. Do things that draw attention to yourself and you'll get attention. Never forget that these elusive executives are also part of the general public and if you can reach the public, you'll reach them. MB> learning MB> Braille so I can transcribe textbooks for blind children (it's MB> a volunteer thing). I am really wanting to learn ASL and try MB> to MB> become an interpreter, but I have to come up with some funding MB> for MB> the tuition, since the school I want to attend is one of the MB> best, MB> but not yet accredited as a college. I don't know enough MB> about it MB> yet, but the idea of doing poetry and dramatic performance and MB> ritual in sign is completely compelling to me. I may become MB> driven MB> to achieve this goal. We'll see. I'll find out soon enough if MB> the ASL thing is a good match between me and the folks who use MB> interpreters, but no doubt I can get a good enough sense of it MB> to MB> do a little of the stuff I want for me personally. That's really nice. As an Eagle Scout, I always appreciate the knowledge that someone wants that badly to help others. Thank you. MB> After all, here on the nets, we are very silent. We all "talk MB> with MB> our hands". Imagine the range of expression when the total MB> visual MB> package is included...I'm just really intrigued by this. This is true. I hope to see whatever you finally accomplish. MB> So, chat away, if you like. I don't have a day job, so to MB> speak, so MB> this is fun and I have loads of time to do it. You could MB> suggest MB> something interesting to you to discuss... I probably like to talk about music (any style at all) more than anything else, but I guess we should try to keep it on more of a metaphysical level here... have you done anything with the Magickal attributes of colours and shapes? =Rock= 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: King Priapus 4 Mar 94 11:10:14 Subject: Re: HEY ALL YOU MODEM MAGICK PEOPLE UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Hello SIS,Rose Dawn and the like Hello KP. > This is merely a test message to see if I'm getting out to you. You passed. > Could you send your Beast node number so's I can send mail to ya? > (Yes, Rose, this means YOU too!) Well, since you addressed the message to me, I should *hope* so. I'll ask Sis to reply on the node # since I'm not sure if you mean netmail or echo mail or...? Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718