From: King Priapus Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 3 Mar 94 17:37:04 Subject: Hey all you Modem Magick people UpdReq Re: Re: :) Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Hello SIS,Rose Dawn and the like This is merely a test message to see if I'm getting out to you. Could you send your Beast node number so's I can send mail to ya? (Yes, Rose, this means YOU too!) King Priapus 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Captain Rock 1 Mar 94 00:39:00 Subject: Re: . UpdReq -=> Quoting Captain Rock to Melissa Bech <=- CR> Some people, ya know? That's what I always say... CR> Hey, if you've got any chattiness left, I'd be more than happy to CR> volley it with you for awhile. No problem. I tend toward the maudlin and macabre, however, if not downright inane. CR> What sort of thing interests you in this particular time/space CR> continuum? I'm doing some important work right now, mainly contemplative. I have a lot of fun typing at Rose Dawn...Uh, I have very cool kids (my daughter is in varsity water polo, the only semi-alternative jock in her school). both my son and daughter are interested in acting, so I am interested in helping them get to do it. I am learning Braille so I can transcribe textbooks for blind children (it's a volunteer thing). I am really wanting to learn ASL and try to become an interpreter, but I have to come up with some funding for the tuition, since the school I want to attend is one of the best, but not yet accredited as a college. I don't know enough about it yet, but the idea of doing poetry and dramatic performance and ritual in sign is completely compelling to me. I may become driven to achieve this goal. We'll see. I'll find out soon enough if the ASL thing is a good match between me and the folks who use interpreters, but no doubt I can get a good enough sense of it to do a little of the stuff I want for me personally. After all, here on the nets, we are very silent. We all "talk with our hands". Imagine the range of expression when the total visual package is included...I'm just really intrigued by this. So, chat away, if you like. I don't have a day job, so to speak, so this is fun and I have loads of time to do it. You could suggest something interesting to you to discuss... ... "Good Evening...Enter freely, and of your own will..." 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Melissa Bech Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 1 Mar 94 11:03:00 Subject: Re: :) Rec'd UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to Melissa Bech <=- RD> RD> No, that's strictly her trip, although I have to admit I did give it a RD> brief moment's thought when I saw how shiny it was. At 7 p.m. on The shininess usually doesn't last all that long. Black was one of my favorite colors for a while. RD> Say it ain't so! San Diego is supposed to be "Seattle, Jr." musically RD> at least. I dunno, I don't go out partying much anymore. I'm content RD> to be boring most of the time these daze. Actually, I prefer boring to bleeding eardrums. I just read a book on Amazing People who are artists and have a "disability". In the bio on a guy who is deaf, it says that a lot of the hearing loss and deafness in this country is in young people who listen to loud music. Course, the head injury bio says not all brain damaged people were drinking and driving (they were hit by someone who was). I found the pain of the sound from Satyagraha (a Phillip Glass opera about Gandhi in which he really stretches his range from three notes to four) to be as great as DOA concerts, but perhaps I'm overly sensitive. Seattle has some very interesting musicians. Arts of all kinds, really. I'll send you a copy of the Fringe Theatre Festival schedule. There are something like 97 plays being produced in one week in a geographic area in town that is smaller than Sea World. And, they are all "art" as opposed to mainstream. RD> RD> Hmm, I guess those could be symptoms, but I think nerdiness is a RD> matter of attitude, just like way-koolness. I think I'm turning into a RD> nerd myself, I've gotten hooked on Star Trek: The Next Generation Well, I was forced to listen to tape recordings of the episodes of the original Star Trek on Saturday mornings while I did the housework by my friend, Arthur, who wound up teaching paleontology at University of Texas or something like that. Forced is an exaggeration. I was being kind. We were the smart kids, and no one else hung out with us, so we hung out with each other. RD> (though not to the extent of 'studying the Klingon language' or RD> anything like that), and I'm going to be attending ComiCon here this RD> year (although not as a fan, as --I forget what it's called, as part RD> of the people who get in free because they've done work for the RD> publishers --as a *professional*? LOL!). I went to my only Con as a professional. My husband liked the guy who was the gust of honor, so, in order to make sure he would meet him, I called the Con organizer and volunteered to do massage for the staff and guests of honor. It worked. I also got to meet a woman who I spent much of the Con talking with, she was very interesting. We were chatting away and there were about a million "fan" types lounging around at our knee, hangin on every word, and I asked her what she does. There was a sharp intake of breath and a shocked silence, then, one of the fangirls said "You don't know who she is, do you?". It turns out she is a famous sci-fi writer (I've forgotten her name, she was teaching at Kentucky University or something). I had a pretty good time, especially since the guest of honor dude (Paul Darrow from Blake's 7) spent most of the first night chatting with me. I love actors... RD> it. When I was younger, I used to run a Norton Commando 750. The last RD> previous car was a Firebird, and I never managed to get emotionally RD> involved with him. Sleek ride, fer-sher, but it impressed other people RD> lots more than me. I've owned tons of cars, and I was a hippie wannabe (I have never actually *been* anything, just wannabe this or that), so it was difficult for me to admit to a fascination with machines that did not run on pig shit or something. Finally, I have justified it to myself by simply realizing I have a metal fetish. Like, earth element, you know? Although many of my faves havve been fiberglass, but, same thing, I guess. RD> RD> Yes, please send it. It sounds very...interesting. I have a couplea RD> proof sheets, when I grabbed photographers who were sent to cover RD> events with me and got them to take flix because I needed a B&W author RD> photo pronto & didn't have any handy. One of 'em is me in the rose RD> garden (cute, huh?) after eight hours at the doctors' convention...I Rose in a rose garden, yes, very cute. Roses are a symbol of Aphrodite, my patron goddess. I'm mentally conjuring up a tat of roses intertwined with tribal stuff (faded in spots and sharp in spots, to suggest great strain on the surface from within, and then *yowza* a patch of "torn" skin, with a golden cobra emerging at strategic spots. Should run to the thousands of dollars in income for some wonderful needle artist, should I ever find one to take me seriously. Talked to Sailor Cam (he worked right around the corner from a place I worked in downtown last summer). Just the artwork is gonna cost hundreds, so its not something I can do in 25 dollar chunks. Rats. I'd like to get doves in there somehow, too. I was thinking of doing the snake scales in some other medium, like scarification or branding, but, we'll see. Long term goal... RD> when we interviewed the laser-tat-zapping doc. There were some bitchin RD> ones of me lying on his table while he held the laser thingie up next RD> to my tat of my ex's name. He was only faking, though (but after the RD> article came out and his business took an upturn, he did offer to zap RD> me at no charge, which was nice, but I said no thanx, I think skin art RD> SHOULD be "for life."). Oh, yeah. I did have a ritual cutting done which I did not re-do but would like to sometime. You must be good for advertising! I've found the quickest way to end a relationship is to a)tattoo the other person's name on a very visible part of your body or b) get identical tattoos on a very visible part of your body. RD> told me that she wasn't "gothic" enough to be a goth; she's a punk. I RD> didn't realize there were still punks around, in *that* sense of the RD> word anyway. Oh, I'm SUCH a nerd! Yes, there are still punks around, though most of them are balding and have those tiny wrinkles around the lips that makes the black lipstick "bleed" rather more like they've been sucking up dirty axel grease than creating a fashion statement. RD> But what do you wannabe? I'm *recycled* scooter trash these daze. In the words of the immortal Joey Ramone, "I wanna be sedated..." RD> Sheesh, I even missed the Toy Runs last holiday season, and I haven't RD> been to a scooter bar in aeons!, or at least months. Just call me RD> Hardley-Dangerous. The aeon of Harley...heh, heh...I don't go to bars much anyhow, unless there is a good reason (like I went to the local leather bar for a fundraiser cheescake bake-off for Hands Off Washington, a group that's trying to stop discrimination from being legalized here). I tend not to frequent establishments where the other clientele are likely to shout, "Hey, Mama!" or touch me inappropriately, since I am completely unashamed of doing time for assault, should the need arise. It's just a tough combination of feminism and genetic tendency toward the immediate redress of offences to one's person that makes me cautious about putting myself in those situations. I've never been on a Toy run, but the stories I've heard! How about 70 motorcycles rumbling along in Snoqualmie pass in unison, blissfully unaware of the fact that sonic stimulation can cause snowslides? I am, however, one of the presidents of a motorcycle club called Illuminati Bavaria. ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: THE_OASIS To: Melissa Bech 3 Mar 94 11:34:46 Subject: Re: :) UpdReq 93 Melissa, Amazing! I'm responding to a post where I told you how boring I was just after, outa the clear blue, a most excellent looking biker knocked on the door and invited me to pack with him on a poker run this weekend. Although he said his line of reasoning was "Poor Rose, nobody ever takes her anywhere," which was hardly complimentary! I said no, and Tami immediately started chewing me out. She wants me to be adventurous I guess, instead of just eccentric. The synchronicity is funny though, since I'd been telling you I never go on runs and don't hit the scooter bars anymore...maybe I should post something like: "Geee, nobody ever leaves me millions in their will," or "Gosh, I've NEVER won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes!" ;> > The shininess usually doesn't last all that long. Black was one > of my favorite colors for a while. I've gotten used to it by now. So far, still shiny. Blue-black. I wouldn't think it'd go with her coloring at all, but I gather that pale skin is the thang to have, to go with your black hair and black lipstick. Should be a real sight when it starts growing out...blonde roots for real! As is, when I see her with her friends, from the back she just looks like one o'the cholitas. > Actually, I prefer boring to bleeding eardrums. I just read a book on > Amazing People who are artists and have a "disability". In the bio > on a guy who is deaf, it says that a lot of the hearing loss anddeafness > in this country is in young people who listen to loud music. Yeah. :/ She puts the headphones on the CD player and cranks the volume *all* the way up...I had to tell her to quit it. Hell, the upstairs neighbors can hear it thru the headphones at Level 10!! She's mellowing a bit; been listening to her G'n'f'n'R and Gin Blossoms again and letting Glenn take a little rest, although she still gazes intently at his photograph every night before she crashes. I told her she's too YOUNG to invoke with an impure heart! She's spending lots of time on the phone with a real kid of the male gender lately which probably has something to do with the slight lessening of the Danzig obsession. > Seattle has some very interesting musicians. Arts of all kinds, really. > I'll send you a copy of the Fringe Theatre Festival schedule. Sounds kool. :> Empty-vee is moving "spring break" to San Diego this year; they're holding auditions to get on their shows. Tam keeps encouraging me to audition for the "Blind Date" thingie. I figured I'd rather get a temp job manning a roach-coach push-cart and see the bands that way. STP, Dig, Ratt, those kinda people are the "San Diego bands" getting publicity--personally, I prefer Natasha's Ghost, but they don't have a video so nobody's ever heard of em. > area in town that is smaller than Sea World. And, they are all > "art" as opposed to mainstream. I really have gotten boring and out of it lately! I used to hang out with a bunch of aspiring writers at an aspiring writers' hangout , and we ran into lots of artsy-type people that way. I was too unaware to realize I was avante-garde and cutting edge and down wit' the Hip Young Angsters at the time, and now those days are gone. I did see some neat plays-- "Waiting For Good Dope" stands out in my mind. But the "visual art" stuff was too utterly bizarre! One dude had an opening at a cool gallery & I dutifully trucked on down. His "masterpiece" was titled "Guernica 1992" (I think tha was the year), and it was a table with a black velvet thing over it, and different caliber bullets scattered across it. And a woman had a thing that was supposed to be a "post-feminist" something-or-other, which was spike-heeled shoes, glued to the tops of shoe boxes and spray-painted silver. And the sign referred to her as the exhibit's "Mother/Creator." Hello! I'm obviously missing something here. > Rose in a rose garden, yes, very cute. Roses are a symbol of > Aphrodite, my patron goddess. I'm mentally conjuring up a tat of > roses intertwined with tribal stuff (faded in spots and sharp in > spots, to suggest great strain on the surface from within, and then > *yowza* a patch of "torn" skin, with a golden cobra emerging at > strategic spots. Should run to the thousands of dollars in Oooooh! Sounds righteous. I'm planning on a "rose dawn" tat...a rose with stem, lengthwise, with the sun coming up behind it. Silly, but nice. I wish my friend Dago, a righteous tat artist and ink slinger, hadn't violated his parole. :/ Owell. > I was thinking of doing the snake scales in some other medium, > like scarification or branding, but, we'll see. Long term goal... Too intense for me. I may have wheels now, but I'm still purdy pedestrian. ;> > I've found the quickest way to end a relationship is to a)tattoo the > other person's name on a very visible part of your body or b) get > identical tattoos on a very visible part of your body. Yup! Like Two-Ton Tony said, think carefully; a $10 tat might end up costing you hundreds to cover up down the road! I'm not sorry though--he *is* the father of my child, and I'm *positive* will be my only husband, so he deserves a little credit. I've also noticed that (so far, at least) mine is the *only* one of the multitudinous women's names he's had engraved on his person that he *hasn't* had covered up. Makes me feel so...special. LOL! > Yes, there are still punks around, though most of them are balding > and have those tiny wrinkles around the lips that makes the black > lipstick "bleed" rather more like they've been sucking up dirty > axel grease than creating a fashion statement. Nyuk. Steve Jones, original Sex Pistol, graces the cover of the premier edition of _Rockers and Tattoos_ magazine. He looks like he belongs in "Soldier of Fortune" or one of those "I'm the NRA!" ads. Decent artwork though. > I am, however, one of the presidents of a motorcycle club called > Illuminati Bavaria. LOL. Secretive People On Beemers? See how this whole post cycles around and comes together nicely? Powerful magick! ;> 93! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718