From: Christeos Pir Area: THE_OASIS To: Rose Dawn 7 Sep 93 22:45:36 Subject: TUNESTUFF UpdReq -=> Rose Dawn sent a message to Ismark on 03 Sep 93 10:08:49 <=- -=> Re: TUNESTUFF <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> So, what'd ya think of the MTV Video Music Awards? {yawwwwwn} ;> RD> Couple notable exceptions I thought it was as dull as the Grammys, RD> thought Christian Slater did a less than great job as host, and got RD> oh-so-bored with Pearl Jam's "Rock Star Attitude." How bout you? ;> BUT... Beavis n Butthead, and Uncle Miltie, were the highlights of the show. Slater proved there's no life after 'Teen magazine drops you (just ask Robin Zander!), Ru-Paul's a bitch in _any_ gender, Pearl "How can you judge ART" Jam were as boring as their music, Madonna made me wish she'd grow her armpit hair again just so she'd be interesting once more, and I have to agree with Jello Biafra (conspicuous by his absence), that MTV is nothing more than a soggy mush of nonstop commercials for crappy albums (CDs, tapes, whatever) that the record companys could never sell otherwise. Lemme put it to you this way (OK, turn over and I'll put it to you another way): if MTV was a radio station, I'd turn the dial to Pacifica. And, no, "120 minutes" is NOT enough to make it worthwhile. OK, tantrum's over now, you can come out. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... Thou hast the Head of the Hawk, & thy Phallus is the Phallus of Asar. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718