From: Lewis Cypher Area: THE_OASIS To: Frater Almost 14 Sep 92 12:04:40 Subject: RE: Hello Rec'd UpdReq Greetings, and well met. I hope we can pick up where we left off. I have been involved in some exciting new Works, including using planetary sigils, and making Talismans. I had to make a Talisman along time ago, to fulfill the requirement to get to the material I was most interested in. I have since returned to Talismanic Magic, as an art, to study and practice this interesting example of Low Magic. make many talismans? We could move this to Set,Maginet,or Darkside, if you like. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mors Justi Area: THE_OASIS To: Gerald Del Campo?all 14 Sep 92 21:22:16 Subject: Cutting tongues out UpdReq Pax Profundi to you, Frater Del Campo. Merrily met again. In reference to your saying that your Libertarian vote would be thrown away, I would disagree. If enough of us "throw away" our votes, the party stays alive, we won't be kicking ourselves round the block later on after the election, cussing "And I voted for that asshole!!" (believe you me, I've done that on more occasions that I like to admit). The people of America (notice I didn't say "The United States" -- there is a difference, like there used to be Russians and Soviets) have stated that they don't like the two-party system. The two-party system has shown themselves to be a little nervous. Notice that they're ripping each other more viciously this time around. Bush be pullin' no punches in his speeches. The citadel of the Demopublicans and the Republicrats is slowly eroding; if we send them a message in terms of votes, as in not voting for them, we might be able to stick our hands in that crack in the citadel and widen the gap a little more, which may, in the next two or three elections, spell the end of the two-party system in America. In less than ten years, we just might see a strong third-party candidate challenging and (hope, hope, hope) actually conquering. HOWEVER! I agree with you on the grounds that, unless we abolish the Electoral College, we will always have to choose between Hitler and Mussolini, unfortunately. So why don't we all stop fighting over "which party are you voting with?" and get this goal pushed through? As they say, "There is the toil/ There is the torment." See ya round the nets. Never Thirst, Mors Justi 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718