From: Scott Brush Area: THE_OASIS To: Lewis Cypher 31 Aug 92 21:28:00 Subject: FREEDOM UpdReq I've read your several messages and find myself wondering if maybe you're not exaggerating the situation. There is no doubt that our personal freedoms are endangered by religious fanatics and political tyrants who want to drag our culture back to the last century. However, I have heard many people shouting the doom of Man and the onset of slavery. For my part, I don't see the current situation as this extreme. This is not to say that it won't get that bad at some time in the future. I believe that freedom still lives in this country, although somewhat checked by government regulation. I still think there's hope for the future. The real question is, what are we the freedom loving, free thinking, far-seeing people going to do to protect our freedoms and win back what has been lost due to apathy? Supposedly, there are a number of organizations dedicated to the freedom of humanity and the defeat of the tyrants. My knowledge is limited but I have not seen any of these groups at all active in the pursuit of freedom. In general, I'm an optomist and believe that eventually our race will come to enough of a knowledge of itself to realize that it is only through freedom that personal fulfillment may be achieved. However, I want that time to occur sooner than later, even within my lifetime. As I said, I'm an optomist. What are your thoughts on possible courses of action to stem the tide of repression that so many people seem to want. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718