From: Starman Area: Night Side To: Charles Nemo 24 Mar 95 19:57:22 Subject: Re: All the good stuff... Rec'd UpdReq -=> Quoting Charles Nemo to Starman <=- Howdy Charles! S> All the good stuff! I used to subscribe to a BBS S> with Vampnet on it, and S> miss all the toothy chat... Vampirism, eh? Read any of Lumley's S> "Necroscope" series? Chaos Magick? Is this the S> same as Discordianism? CN> CN> Read all but the last one of the Necroscope series, and loved 'em all. CN> The covers for the Necroscope comics are as kewl as the covers on the CN> books, but the meat is in the storyline of course. The last one ties them all together.... I'll re-read the whole series now before I comment on the last one - maybe I was just having a bad day when I finished it and that's why I was disappointed.... Poppy Z Brite's "Lost Souls" is another good Vampire book. Doesn't moralise (unlike Lumley, or the movie "Near Dark" - or "Lost Boys" for that matter). Poppy Z's books are a bit strong for some, but I love 'em. Not Vamp, but Alan Duff's "Once Were Warriors" is a real intense read. CN> Chaos magick is CN> not the same as Discordianism, although there is certainly some CN> overlap ("purists" from either camp would gag at that possibility! CN> };-) ). Ever done any reading on chaos magick? Chaos Magick - is it a modern movement based on Chaos Theory mathematics? Douglas Rushkoff's "Cyberia" touches on the neopagan/house music people who seem to be heavily into Chaos maths... That would differentiate it from Discordianism in it's purer form, maybe. Discordians are a bit thin on the ground around here. A lot of modemmers would qualify as Anarcho-Libertarian (me included, I guess) but genuine worshippers of Eris? I have less problem accepting a female deity than a male one, but haven't done anything about joining a group yet (except put out subtle feelers). But to answer your question, I am not sure exactly what Chaos Magick is, so am unsure. Nice chatting with you. B*B Starman ... Inner Sense is the best Defence 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Night Side To: Starman 29 Mar 95 13:19:14 Subject: Re: All the good stuff... UpdReq S> Brite's "Lost Souls" is another good Vampire book. Doesn't moralise S> (unlike Lumley, or the movie "Near Dark" - or "Lost Boys" for that S> matter). Poppy Z's books are a bit strong for some, but I love 'em. S> Not Vamp, but Alan Duff's "Once Were Warriors" is S> a real intense read. Haven't read Brite's _Lost Soul's_ and will look for it. I greatly enjoyed her _Love in Vein_ anthology. Haven't heard of Duff's book and will look for that also. S> subtle feelers). But to answer your question, I am not sure exactly S> what Chaos Magick is, so am unsure. Nice chatting with you. The best short summary I've seen in Mark Chao's essay "Defining Chaos." It may be available in one of the file areas here, or if you can disclose a snail mail location "down under," I'd be pleased to send you a hard copy. There is supposed to be one FTPable on the Internet, but it's not available right now. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718