From: Paul Hume Area: Night Side To: Kai Mactane 2 Dec 94 08:29:10 Subject: Samhain and halloween UpdReq Kai - Just as there are secular and religious holidays all over the Winter Solstice, so Halloween and Samhain coexist. They are interchangeable in that there is a common origin (halloween descending from Samhain via All Hallows and the syncretistic evolution of British/Celtic culture after the advent of Christianity). Just as I'd hate to see Neopagans get on some high horse about recognizing the importance of Channukah and Christmas to their neighbors just because "Yule came first" or some such, and it would be a pity to see anybody miss the social importance of "secular" Christmas in the West, which is still there after you scrape off the advertising hype, as a time when all can "celebrate the mystery of eternal Love" (to misquote Charles Williams (g)). I agree that everyone can enjoy the secular aspect of these days as well as the religious ones peculiar to their sect, and applaud you for making what seems to me to be a very healthy point. (And of course the astro-freaks can celebrate Samhain as a literal "cross-quarter" sometime in the first week of November, ie. 45 days after the Autumnal Equinox, give or take a day (g)) Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Wored Area: Night Side To: The Moonshadow 2 Dec 94 02:13:34 Subject: Re: help UpdReq I just got a little excited while typing. HOWEVER, the title of this sub is NIGHTSIDE> So as I down another brew to stimulate my genius we will witness another brilliant transcription. Glug, glug....ahhhhh Here we go: NIGHTSIDE N- Night I- Igniting G- Gnostics H- Have T- This S- Sub I- Invoking D- Dark E- Ecstacies And what do you think of that?!? Like wow, that is so heavy even I can bearly grasp my own meaning! Let me go get a shot of J.B to contempt this (burp) peice of genuis. I am over welmed at my own !@^$^*^(%&^**.....!!!!! oops...I kinda fell off my chair there. ONLY because I am astounded by what my superfucking mind comes up (burp) with. Like man, I am god and you are too and aluminum knows the secrets of the universe and nothing is everything and Coca- Cola speaks in our dreams. (glub, glub, choke, cough, cough) Boy that J.B. (mixed with some good Tylonol) takes me beyond the garbage can. This is just so heavy I have to go now and supplement my Tylenol level! So before I go (burp) whatta ya think. are you in a Liminal Gnositic state or have I sent you even deeper into the true awareness of corndogs. Gotta go! "LIFE IN RESTRICTION KNOWS NO EXPANSION!", cried the wandering Wored. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718