From: SARAH BRADBERRY Area: Night Side To: MARK SANDOW 10 Aug 94 19:09:00 Subject: Re: Birth UpdReq -=> Quoting Janie Young to All <=- JY> Friends...the following is from Carl Jones, the moderator of the JY> PODS echo BIRTH. In addition to the information below, please note JY> that each of your users who joins the echo and posts his or her JY> postal address will receive a free copy of Carl's latest book, JY> Healthy Options for You and Your Baby. This 227 page book is a JY> concise consumer-oriented guide to hospital, childbearing center, JY> and home birth with practical information - directed to helping JY> expectant parents reduce the fear and pain of labor and create a JY> safe and rewarding birth. Carl would also be willing to supply any JY> sysop with up to 10 copies of the book to promote the forum on their JY> BBS. JY> BIRTH JY> BIRTH is a forum for exchanging information about pregnancy, JY> childbirth, the postpartum period, baby care, parenting, and JY> inspire positive changes in maternity care. JY> BIRTH provides a nurturing environment for everyone who wants JY> to talk about childbearing-related issues on every level - from JY> requesting medical information to sharing chatter. JY> BIRTH is both lay persons and health professionals working JY> together to get answers to questions and connect with others! JY> Some suggestions: JY> 1) Share your personal stories. JY> 2) Invite your family, your friends, and children to join us. JY> You DON'T have to be pregnant or even be a parent! JY> 3) Ask questions! We can all learn from each other JY> 4) Share your opinions. If an expert opinion is required, I JY> will try to provide the information. JY> 5) Tell us about yourself, your business, anything you think JY> would help an expectant or new parent. If you have a product JY> to share, a service to provide, share it with us. JY> 6) Please avoid harsh criticism of another's view. To maintain JY> a nurturing environment, flaming is forbidden. JY> 9) Ask for referrals if you live in the U.S. or Canada. I have JY> the most extensive data base of childbirth educators and labor JY> companions in the nation and will gladly share info! JY> Host of this conference, I'm Carl Jones, author of ten popular JY> books including the international best-seller Mind Over Labor and JY> the recent Macmillan release Breastfeeding Your Baby. JY> I've participated in hundreds of births throughout the nation JY> in a wide variety of settings from high risk medical facilities to JY> childbearing centers to homes. JY> I also conduct programs accredited for the education of JY> childbirth educators, nurses, and midwives in medical facilities JY> throughout the U.S. and Canada. JY> Thanks to your support, my methods of reducing the fear and JY> pain of labor are taught in childbirth classes from Baltimore to JY> Tokyo. JY> Enjoy BIRTH! JY> Carl JY> Thanks, and please, if you are a sysop, turn on BIRTH! If you JY> are a user, ask your sysop to turn on BIRTH! JY> Janie I'm very interested in this discussion! Any chance of it appearing on Morning Star? Sarah. ... I have a firm grip on reality. Now I can strangle it. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718