From: Julia Phillips Area: Night Side To: All 1 Aug 94 20:55:34 Subject: Key of Alocer UpdReq Hello All! Not sure where to put this, and figured Nightside was as good a place as any. I recently received a copy of a magazine published in New Zealand, called Key of Alocer. The editor, Abaaner, is a Satanist, and the magazine reflects his interest in gothic rock. The issue I have mainly features interviews with bands, and reviews of albums, but there are a couple of interesting non-music articles, and the whole thing is packed from cover to cover. Abaaner says he will be letting the musical focus ease off slightly in future issues, as he wants to explore other areas, specifically magic and the darker aspects of Paganism. A sample issue costs US$6 cash from Abaaner, 88 Rangituhi Crescent, Porirua, New Zealand. BTW, I sent him the back issue of Web of Wyrd with "The Nature of Evil" feature, and he was sufficiently impressed to think that maybe getting a PC and a modem could be a good idea :) I'm just about to send him the latest one, with the "Sexism in the OTO" thread.... who knows, we may get our first Kiwi on line soon :) :) B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Janie Young Area: Night Side To: All 3 Aug 94 20:18:38 Subject: Birth Sent UpdReq Friends...the following is from Carl Jones, the moderator of the PODS echo BIRTH. In addition to the information below, please note that each of your users who joins the echo and posts his or her postal address will receive a free copy of Carl's latest book, Healthy Options for You and Your Baby. This 227 page book is a concise consumer-oriented guide to hospital, childbearing center, and home birth with practical information - directed to helping expectant parents reduce the fear and pain of labor and create a safe and rewarding birth. Carl would also be willing to supply any sysop with up to 10 copies of the book to promote the forum on their BBS. BIRTH BIRTH is a forum for exchanging information about pregnancy, childbirth, the postpartum period, baby care, parenting, and inspire positive changes in maternity care. BIRTH provides a nurturing environment for everyone who wants to talk about childbearing-related issues on every level - from requesting medical information to sharing chatter. BIRTH is both lay persons and health professionals working together to get answers to questions and connect with others! Some suggestions: 1) Share your personal stories. 2) Invite your family, your friends, and children to join us. You DON'T have to be pregnant or even be a parent! 3) Ask questions! We can all learn from each other 4) Share your opinions. If an expert opinion is required, I will try to provide the information. 5) Tell us about yourself, your business, anything you think would help an expectant or new parent. If you have a product to share, a service to provide, share it with us. 6) Please avoid harsh criticism of another's view. To maintain a nurturing environment, flaming is forbidden. 9) Ask for referrals if you live in the U.S. or Canada. I have the most extensive data base of childbirth educators and labor companions in the nation and will gladly share info! Host of this conference, I'm Carl Jones, author of ten popular books including the international best-seller Mind Over Labor and the recent Macmillan release Breastfeeding Your Baby. I've participated in hundreds of births throughout the nation in a wide variety of settings from high risk medical facilities to childbearing centers to homes. I also conduct programs accredited for the education of childbirth educators, nurses, and midwives in medical facilities throughout the U.S. and Canada. Thanks to your support, my methods of reducing the fear and pain of labor are taught in childbirth classes from Baltimore to Tokyo. Enjoy BIRTH! Carl Thanks, and please, if you are a sysop, turn on BIRTH! If you are a user, ask your sysop to turn on BIRTH! Janie 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Charles Nemo Area: Night Side To: Julia Phillips 4 Aug 94 09:21:58 Subject: Key of Alocer Sent UpdReq JP> A sample issue costs US$6 cash from Abaaner, 88 JP> Rangituhi Crescent, Porirua, New Zealand. JP> BTW, I sent him the back issue of Web of Wyrd with "The Nature of JP> Evil" feature, and he was sufficiently impressed JP> to think that maybe getting a PC and a modem JP> could be a good idea :) I'm just about to send JP> him the latest one, with the "Sexism in the OTO" JP> thread.... who knows, we may get our first Kiwi JP> on line soon :) :) Great! BTW, thanks again for the several mailings. I enjoyed both the ToS material and your _Web of Wyrd_ "The Nature of Evil" issue! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718