From: Kai Mactane Area: Night Side To: Christeos Pir 5 Jul 94 21:32:16 Subject: Re: satanism!!! (boogedy UpdReq -=> Say, Christeos Pir, about that "Satanism!!! (boogedy boog"... CP> From the Washington Post (aka "The Pravda on the Potomac") CP> Thursday, June 23, 1994 e.v. CP> * * * * * * * * * CP> VANDALISM IN VA. MAUSOLEUM SAID TO INDICATE SATANISM CP> by Peter Y. Hong, Washington Post Staff Writer CP> Police investigating vandalism at an Arlington County mausoleum have CP> discovered dead cats, pentagrams, bloody handprints and other signs CP> of Satanic worship, authorities said yesterday. [rest of article left to sacrifice a goat, will be back tomorrow] Bummer. And I wasn't there. :) I'm sort of new here, so I may sound stupid when I ask: so what? why did you post this? I ask 'cause I can see a few possible reasons: 1) We're supposed to notice the yellow journalism. Okay, noted. But all this paraphernalia *could* indicate some of what sociologists call "teen satanism" (as distinct from "religious satanism:" the CoS, ToS and similar groups). Okay, it could be just for fun, but most common vandals wouldn't go to *that* much effort, would they? 2) We're supposed to cheer on the Satanists. Well, that depends on how you feel about grave desecration and cat-killing. I'll support their rights to their beliefs, but not in other people's cemeteries or with other people's bodies. 3) We're supposed to take note of what's going on, just generally be informed, etc. Oh. Thank you for bringing this to my attention; I hadn't actually noticed it before. Sorry about the rest of this post, please ignore it! :) 4) Some other reason I couldn't think of. Sorry, I'm clueless. Please enlighten me? Thanks. :) Not trying to jump all over you, just want to know what's going on. :) --Kai MacTane. ... Why is the (A)narchy symbol always written the same way? ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718