From: Kayla Block Area: Night Side To: The Moonshadow 7 Apr 94 09:02:26 Subject: Book UpdReq 93 moonshadow, TM> ever see one called "they went thataway...and thataway" by our previous TM> resident millionaire malcolm forbes? it's a funni look at how some famous TM> people died. no, but i'm a big malcolm forbes fan, i will have to look for it. (i was really bummed when forbes died. wish i could have met him first. if he had hung out a bit longer, i probably could have too!) TM> i read that there's only one verifiable case of suicide by crucifixion. TM> (no, it wasnt HIM! some spanish guy in the u.s.) whaa.....that is too too weird. i don't even see how someone could commit suicide that way. sounds like the guy was probably catholic, eh? TM> for really good pictures, you have to get one of those police TM> academy texts with the training photos in them. gross! undoubtedly. and where, might i ask, does one find such things? (i just finished reading 'how we die' and some other book whose name escapes me at the moment on a similar topic. it seems like what was a rather peripheral interest has become more intense for me for some reason. now, i'm even looking into 'field trips'. (a friend of mine used to work at a mortuary, and he still has 'connections' there.) 93, ---kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lost Boy Area: Night Side To: Rose Dawn 6 Apr 94 16:59:00 Subject: School dress code UpdReq RD> the things we encounter are too funny! The school's dress code being RD> a primo example. They're getting worried about gangstuff out here too RD> raining! (See Article VI, subsection (b): No trench coats!) I have no RD> idea what prompted the "No occult symbolism" doo-dah, other than RD> middle-aged Christian fear of demonic possession or fist-fights on RD> campus between fundiekids and debbilchildren. I'm leaning toward RD> pitching a bitch at the moment; too many parents support "The School" RD> instead of standing up for their kids even when fairness dictates RD> they do so; probably up to me to tip the scales a bit. Plus I like RD> stirring things up. };> Sorry to jump in here, but I just had to put my two cents worth in. I think you should do something about it. The way it sounds to me is your kid is being discriminated against just for being different. I went to a school where about 95% of the student body were hics, and since I was the only headbanger in the entire school, I got shit from everyone, from the students all the way to the principal. And I have to admit, you voiceing your opinion to the school board as a parent would be a lot better than the way I handled it as a student (which was by telling the pricipal to go f**k himself). Andlike yousaid, it would set a good model for the kid, teach them that it's ok to stand up for what they believe in.... -=< Lost Boy >=- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Merlin Ambrosius Area: Night Side To: Kayla Block 1 Apr 94 04:01:02 Subject: Goth Zines? UpdReq On 03-28-94 Kayla Block wrote to Merlin Ambrosius... KB> 93 merlin ambrosius, KB> KB> i told stevyn that i got your address for him, but then he KB> asked what the name of the zine was? is it something new? CyberGoth Journals perhaps??? KB> MA> I heard the CD she did for Cleopatra, it sucks, Nico was KB> neater. KB> KB> yeah, but nico is dead. =:-/ that's what you get for riding a bike in paris! KB> MA> Actually as a bit of trivia, Cleo just bought a bunch of Alien KB> Sex Fiend KB> MA> stuff including a video which will be released shortly (April, KB> may?) KB> KB> hmmm...i will have to pass word on to my goth roommates. KB> thanks for the info. :) No problem (la la la la happy happpy happy joy joy joy!!! la la la) Cheers. MEA. ___ * OFFLINE 1.54 * Molten vats of chicken parts laughing hysterically! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718