From: Charles Gregory Area: Mundane To: Fluent 13 Jan 97 10:35:06 Subject: Lessons.... UpdReq Hi Fluent! F> And who's designing the tests? Depending on your belief structures, life is either designed by "superior" beings for us - their children - to learn and grow, OR, more like the modern high school system, in cooperation with our teachers WE pick the tests. F> Who are they intended for? Sometimes it seems purely personal, other times it seems that my participation assists another in learning a life-lesson. F> TWA800 sure seems to be puzzle. Perhaps life is a great big video game (seriously!) and when the souls reach the afterlife, they sort of get a mild reprimand for having not learned enough to heed the subtle warning signals that would have kept them off the plane. "Game over, time to restart." And in the meantime, the complexity of life allows for the lessons to be learned by survivors and investigators. F> What test do we have this month? I've noticed that when I pay attention to the conflicts and challenges in my life, there indeed seem to be "themes" that recur over a year or more. This past year I seem to be learning the relatively low worth of material objects. I am also learning not to be apprehensive. Lately my lessons seem to be about learning which interactions with other people are REALLY important. The tagline "Will this matter to you a year from now?" seems to sum it up. F> If there are lessons to be taught what ways would they be able to be taught? You are learning right now, reading this. Not only what I say, but if you disagree, you think again about what you think, and so the learning goes on. F> How do we learn the lessons of history quickly enough to avoid destruction F> a world where our technology and potential for enormous mistakes evolves F> exponentially? The trick is, how do those of us who learn keep the world from being trashed by those who haven't? - Charles Charles Gregory E-Mail: Fido: 1:244/120 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718