From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: Mundane To: Domi O'Brien 2 Dec 96 23:38:00 Subject: O.J. Observation UpdReq TI>I know that this subject has been talked to TI>death, but something occurred TI>to me that I could not help but voice: TI>If this were six to ten years ago, what would be TI>the likelihood that Mr. TI>Simpson would have blamed his wife and her TI>friend's murders on crazed TI>Satanic cultists? DO> More like 25 to 30-- remember Manson? And then the Jeffrey MacDonald DO> case? DO> Domi DO> Yes, and Manson provided for nearly thirty years of unconstitutional paranoia courtesy of the prosecutor that put him behind bars. He was merely one in yet a long string of charismatic madman who could persuade emotionally/mentally unstable misfits to do his bidding. It set the precedent to regard all occult activity with suspicion (particularly around Orange County) and put meat on the table of Pat Robertson and company. Jeffrey MacDonald appended the "crazed Satanists" to his original cover story after he was visited by crackpot ex-FBI agent Ted Gunderson, who promised on national television eight years ago that he would provide irrefutable proof to back up MacDonald's version of events. The proof never came and I haven't heard hide nor hair of Gundersonn since then. However, MacDonald case is like O.J.'s in that it is a model of persistent denial to the point of near-delusional psychosis. The fact of the matter is is that MacDonald was overprescribing for himself an anti-depressant medication which has since been banned by the FDA when it was discovered that long-term effects of using the drug including spontaneous episodes of violent psychosis. O.J. did not need such a goad, the man was perfectly suited to violent outbursts. The problem is is that it plays right into the hands of bigots who continue to paint black males as lascivious bogey men ready to pounce and violate white women. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718