From: Christeos Pir Area: Mundane To: Rose Dawn 17 Nov 94 22:13:16 Subject: Re: CHAOS 1/ UpdReq -=> Rose Dawn sent a message to Christeos Pir on 14 Nov 94 09:36:10 <=- -=> Re: Re: CHAOS 1/ <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> Hmmm...that got mangled, eh! Heh...if absolute worse comes to wurst, I RD> can give up bbs'ing entirely and get a job in a sausage factory. ;> According to Publisher's Clearing House, you may already be a wiener! RD> I'm a-gonna try printing later today, but just in case, we have a few RD> Parsons things in our 'Other Thelemic' section. _Freedom is a RD> Two-Edged Sword_ is, I believe, copyright-prohibited--we don't have it RD> online. Yeah, it's definately on my list. (Guess if I'd joined the OTO sooner, I'd've gotten my copy as an Oriflamme. RD> L49.TXT is 'Liber 49' and includes the _Book of BABALON_ and RD> the _Book of the Antichrist_. That one I have. RD> We have the four-part Parsons bio in the RD> same section, titled PARSONS.ZIP. And finally, the correspondence is RD> called PARSONS.LTRS. I noticed something called '7FLDSTAR' or RD> something like that in BaffleNet's Parsons section, but it had a RD> fairly lengthy d/l time long distance at 2400 baud, so I never grabbed RD> it...do you guyz have it there are Anon? Is it just the Book of RD> BABALON, or is it something else? I'll have to double check and see what I've got on disk (I know I don't have the letters), what's on the Arena (which should be the same as what I've got archived), and, if I can ever get on again, what Tony's got up on Bapho. RD> "Liber 49" didn't really grab me the way the essays in RD> _FIATES_ or the personal glimpses in the correspondence did. I enjoyed it, and it seems sincere enough, but drives home again the personal nature of revelation: so few have meaning for more than just the person receiving it! RD> I think I'd just as soon wait a bit on grabbing the 'work in progress' KO. RD> I'll try the page-by-page printing trick later today, and prob drag RD> any results along with Pascal Beverly down to the P.O. in the next RD> couple daze. I'd be very interested in your reaction to the PBR; I RD> have more than *half* a suspicion that the whole thing is about as RD> authentic as 'Simon's Necronomicon' although the basics seem genuine RD> enough...you can let me know if your impressions jibe when you get it. Chu Goddit! RD> Ahem! The problem lies not with my Macintosh, Grasshopper, but with my RD> HP Deskwriter...if I'm not mistaken, don't you have the same piece of RD> 'machinery' to print your own pearls of wisdom, letters home, and the RD> WB Camp Newsletter on? ;> Guilty, yer honoress. But I meant that if you had the ->Right<- kind of 'puter, we wouldn't have this compatibility thang. Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... so that the tongue breaks forth into a weird and monstrous speech. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718