From: Rose Dawn Area: Mundane To: Christeos Pir 14 Nov 94 09:36:10 Subject: Re: CHAOS 1/ UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Panasonic 9-pin -- assuming it'll run on a Mac. > No, if _absolute_ worse comes to wurst , I can ship you my old Hmmm...that got mangled, eh! Heh...if absolute worse comes to wurst, I can give up bbs'ing entirely and get a job in a sausage factory. ;> My printer, at this point, will print one page at a time before jamming...so I can actually print entire documents , it just takes forEVER! We're printing out Tam's schoolwork that way, so there is hope, my Brother, there is hope! > Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that even if you saved the > stuff as ASCII files I could read it without some kind of conversion, > right? So, yeah, it'd still require an extra step. How 'bout if you > give me the exact file name(s) as they're stored on MM (the Parsons, I > mean), and I'll ask Az0th to f/req them from Sis? Your essay I'd have > to wait for, I guess. I'm a-gonna try printing later today, but just in case, we have a few Parsons things in our 'Other Thelemic' section. _Freedom is a Two-Edged Sword_ is, I believe, copyright-prohibited--we don't have it online. L49.TXT is 'Liber 49' and includes the _Book of BABALON_ and the _Book of the Antichrist_. We have the four-part Parsons bio in the same section, titled PARSONS.ZIP. And finally, the correspondence is called PARSONS.LTRS. I noticed something called '7FLDSTAR' or something like that in BaffleNet's Parsons section, but it had a fairly lengthy d/l time long distance at 2400 baud, so I never grabbed it...do you guyz have it there are Anon? Is it just the Book of BABALON, or is it something else? There's so little available on my favorite Thelemic Heretic ( ;> ), I really would like to grab all I can! The letters and _Freedom_ are the best, far's I'm concerned..."Liber 49" didn't really grab me the way the essays in _FIATES_ or the personal glimpses in the correspondence did. Definitely not *my* 'Chapter IV'! ;> > disks any more than I can yours, I can still mail it: I'll just make > doublesided copies and send it 4th class. Question is, where should I > stop: he's still u/ling new additions to it. Just about everything else > he's written in available on the Arena and Bapho, BTW, so Sis can f/req > anything not already on MM. LOL...it just struck me, "Chaos" is a most appropriate Subject for the discussion herein!! };D Nope, without a 'third party' I think we're SOL on the disk situation. I think I'd just as soon wait a bit on grabbing the 'work in progress' anywayz...not only for the sake of a more 'complete' package, but cuz it's not something directly impacting anything I'm likely to be doing in the next couplea weeks! It was more of a 'Wow, sounds most interesting!' impulse than an 'Ooooooh, gotta have it!', know what I mean? ;> I'll try the page-by-page printing trick later today, and prob drag any results along with Pascal Beverly down to the P.O. in the next couple daze. I'd be very interested in your reaction to the PBR; I have more than *half* a suspicion that the whole thing is about as authentic as 'Simon's Necronomicon' although the basics seem genuine enough...you can let me know if your impressions jibe when you get it. ;> > Oh, well, that's no biggie. I can wait. 'Course, then we're back to > paying the postage each way. I've got a better idea: sell that piece > of... uh... _machinery_, and buy a Pentium! Ahem! The problem lies not with my Macintosh, Grasshopper, but with my HP Deskwriter...if I'm not mistaken, don't you have the same piece of 'machinery' to print your own pearls of wisdom, letters home, and the WB Camp Newsletter on? ;> > _Tantra: The Way of Action_ > _A Practical Guide to its Teachings and Techniques_ > > by Francis King > > (c) 1986, 1990 > Destiny Books > One Park Street > Rochester VT 05767 > ISBN 0-89281-274-5 > $9.95 paper Bitchin! Thanks. :> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718