From: Rose Dawn Area: Mundane To: Paladin 20 Oct 94 07:07:54 Subject: Re: AIDS SCARE!!! UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Hey Paladin! Long time no see. Howwzit been? > RD> Eeyup...lipstick on the bathroom mirror was the version I > RD> heard. I think it ranks right up there with Kentucky Fried > RD> Rats, and babies on the barbie. > > Or the choking Doberman. Oh, but I really *liked* the choking Doberman! Reminds me of Dobies I Have Known And Loved. :> > * RM 1.4 * Do you know Jesus? Ask him why he never returned my Funny, he *always* returns my calls...so does his brother Jorge! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Albertus Magnus Area: Mundane To: Ellen Reed 21 Oct 94 17:45:22 Subject: Metaphysics? UpdReq * Reply to msg originally in PAGAN-Metaphysical ER> For what it's worth, I agree with the gentleman from the UK. These ER> articles may be of passing interest, but are not metaphysical in ER> nature. As for TWID, I doubt if those who complain are paying the ER> bills, and this gentleman is. Post it elsewhere. Considering I have the "OK" of the moderator, and I haven't had many complaints filed at my desk about this other than from yourself and one or two others, don't mind me if I continue along as I have been. In fact, if you want to break it down into a 'hauling' issue, for every one or two that may have griped about the content of TWID in relation to the metaphysics echo, there have been one or two that have told me that they enjoy it and look forward to it. (This coming from haulers of mail) .\ .\.\ ... I'm a SysOp, not a role model. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Albertus Magnus Area: Mundane To: Archemedies 21 Oct 94 17:45:52 Subject: The Week in Death: 09/23 - 09/29 UpdReq * Reply to msg originally in PAGAN-Metaphysical am> QUOTE OF THE WEEK: He must have made that before he died am> -- Yogi Berra, commenting on a Steve McQueen film Ar> That was a classic, eh? :> .\ .\.\ ... Satan oscillate my metallic sonatas. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Paul Seymour Area: Mundane To: Karl Lembke 21 Oct 94 16:59:58 Subject: Re: Wicca 2 UpdReq * Originally by Jim Taylor, 93:9500/2 * Originally to Paul Seymour, 93:9500/0 * Originally dated 20 Oct 1994, 20:50 > * Forwarded from "METAPHYSICAL" > * Originally by Karl Lembke > * Originally to Paul Seymour > * Originally dated 17 Oct 1994, 17:44 >> -=> Quoting Paul Seymour to All <=- > PS> For those of us who are unable to simply stand on God's Word, and > must > PS> prove to themselves the truth of what it proclaims the holy Apostle > PS> John has given us the method for doing this. You have only to > attend > PS> any public Wiccan ceremony, and test the spirits which are there, to > PS> see "whether they are of God" (1 John 4:1). > Paul, would you please relay this question to Jim, since I haven't > seen him on the Net lately? (And would you please find out whether > everything's all right with him? I'm starting to get concerned. I > hope his wife's medical problems haven't decided to make a repeat > appearance!) > ACTO my Oxford Annoted Bible, 1 John 4:2-3 continues: > "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit which confesses > that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit > which does not confess Jesus is not of God." > This seems to imply that the test consists of asking a specific > question and receiving a specific answer. The answer, though, > is slightly ambiguous. If Jesus Christ existed at all, he > must have come in the flesh, as did everyone else who was > born on this planet. I can see a Fundie reading of this text > as backing up the premise that "Unless you can say 'Jesus is > Lord'..." > What say you? Hi, Karl, Thanks for your concern! Songbird is doing reasonably well, these days, thanks to all who have sent prayers/healing energies in her direction. Right now my own health is a bit shaky, because I am doing the work of two people on the day job, and I'm a little too old to do well while working 10-12 hour shifts. However, this is only temporary, and I can look forward to better days soon. Regarding the question you raise, I would say that it is likely that the mind- set of that kind of fundy would not permit him to attend a Wiccan ceremony of any kind, so this challenge only works with those Christians who experience a degree of individual spiritual empowerment. This occurs most frequently (I am tempted to say always) when that person has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In this case, the testing of the spirits is a much more acute though far less formal process: you silently converse with Jesus Christ while at that Wiccan ceremony and, if it is not compatible with the spiritual power which comes from Jesus Christ, the two powers would clash in one of any number of possible discordancies. Failing to recognize the incompatibility would be much like not being fully aware of the tornado that just picked you up. For a demonstration of this kind of discordancy, try pouring a large cup of coffee into Steve Winter's computer while it is up and running. Don't try this with your own computer, of course. On the other hand, if the two kinds of spiritual power are compatible, this too will be entirely unmistakeable and, in this case, I can testify from personal experience, since I have experienced this myself. "Testing the spirits" is vastly misunderstood by the legalists--regressive juridicalists and lock-step literalists, actually--in the Christian community, just as is almost everything else about the Bible, Christianity, etc. The term "legalist" is misleading, since many Christians will jump all over you if you express veneration, or even respect, for Torah, and will accuse you of being a "Judaiser"--which they will assure you is a Bad Thing to be. These are the people who will use the letter of a scripture as a justification for not observing the precept it expresses. The question John suggests is only one of many possible questions, and was the "for-instance" which came most quickly to his own mind, since he was engaged in a struggle against the Docetists, who claimed that Christ was not physically born, was not physically present in the world, was not physically crucified, and did not physically rise from the dead. All of these things, according to the Docetists, were "spiritual" happenings, since God is obviously too good to involve Himself in crass matter. Not! In a later generation, the "for-instance" questions which would come most easily to mind would be different ones from John's, because the issues changed over time. The big question is, HOW DO YOU ASK THOSE QUESTIONS? And Whom do you ask? Only those who are "on speaking terms" with Christ, or with Deity in some other form, will ever be able to "test the spirits" in the sense of finding out if they are compatible with the spirit of Christ. For example, Paul Seymour asked his Goddess about Christ, and She told him She has no quarrel with Christ. From this we can deduce that Goddess and Christ are playing on the same team, at least. Those who are "Christians" by human argument alone may claim to be able to discern in this area, but they are either deceiving themselves or just plain lying. A simple single-blind test will show them up, every time. Take care of yourself, Karl. Hopefully I'll have more time for the echoes again, and will be talking to you again soon. * Z * F O S * E Light & Life, Jim ... My name is Jim Taylor. I'm a fool. I carry a badger. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Pentarbe Area: Mundane To: Albertus Magnus 15 Oct 94 01:06:28 Subject: Re: Syn_Net 1-800 UpdReq Albertus Magnus wrote * ********************************* ***Mac Maguire joins Syndicate_Net as the new Reg500 Coordinator and 806 ***(Amarillo TX) host. Mac is also running his mailer off a 1-800 ********************************* That's only an hour or so away from me, think i could get him to drive the mail over to me? If not, does the 1-800-# mean i got get mail from him. Just wondering out loud. :> ... "No sense being crazy unless you can show everyone." --Witchy Woman --- * TLX v3.30 * ... All sentences that seem true should be questioned. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Albertus Magnus Area: Mundane To: Pentarbe 22 Oct 94 18:10:24 Subject: Syn_Net 1-800 UpdReq Pe> That's only an hour or so away from me, think i could get him to drive Pe> the mail over to me? If not, does the 1-800-# mean i got get mail from Pe> him. Just wondering out loud. :> To the best of my knowledge the 1-800 service is for BBSes only. Also, he's not carrying PODS... this applied to another network entirely. .\ .\.\ ... When it's time to rock a funky jam, I'm the man. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Albertus Magnus Area: Mundane To: All 22 Oct 94 19:12:04 Subject: Mighty Morphin dead UpdReq OSLO, Norway - No one knows if the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" played a role in the death of a 5-year-old girl who was stoned and kicked by playmates and left to freeze in the snow. But the networks didn't take any chances. The Scandinavian network TV-3 moved quickly Tuesday to drop the wildly popular U.S. children's show from its broadcasts in Norway, Sweden and Denmark in response to debate over violence in children's shows. The show has not been directly linked to the death of 5-year-old Silje Marie Redergard, who froze to death Saturday on a playground in the western city of Trondheim after a game with three boys her age turned ugly. Still, Norway's prime minister, Gro Harlem Brundtland, said Norwegians should think twice before allowing such "free market" violence to be broadcast by commercial networks. Nobody - not even Silje's mother - seems to put the blame on the boys who are too young to be charged with any crime under Norwegian law. "I forgive the ones who killed my daughter," Beathe Redergard told the Oslo newspaper Dagbladet. "It is not possible to hate small children. They can't understand the consequences of what they have done." On Tuesday, the snow where Silje died was littered with flowers and candles left by stunned Norwegians. At first, the boys - two age 6 and one 5 - blamed three older youths seen near the area. According to the Oslo newspaper Verdens Gang, one boy claimed he chased away the teen-agers after he "kicked one of them in the leg until he bled, just like the Ninja Turtles." All four children reportedly were fans of the U.S. cartoon, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." Like the "Power Rangers," the show centers on likeable characters who pummel their opponents with fists and weapons. "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" is the No. 1-rated children's TV show in the United States. Using footage from a Japanese kids' show, the syndicated live-action series features six teens of various genders and ethnicities who metamorphose into monochrome armor to battle evil dinosaurs and alien monsters. According to media reports, the small boys persuaded Silje to take off her outer clothes during a game, then said they were going to be "bad" to her. They reportedly shoved, stoned and kicked Silje, then left her unconscious in the season's first snow on the playground not far from her home in a suburb of Trondheim. Police have declined to give details of the attack. A preliminary autopsy showed that Silje froze to death. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Doug Barr Area: Mundane To: Silverwing 21 Oct 94 13:32:00 Subject: Re: Quote: UpdReq Then spoke Silverwing unto Christeos Pir of Quote, saying: Si> Re: Quote: > "Feminism ... encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their > children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." > - Pat Robertson Si> Si> Reply is: Appreciated. Si> Si> Okay, Pat, whatever you say . Here's one for him... Si> Si> "Masculinism ... encourages men to beat their wives, beat their Si> children, preach on street corners, embrace outmoded political Si> philosophy and become homosexuals." ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good gods! What an appalling thought! As if gay people don't have ENOUGH to deal with! ... Moon's my mother, lights my darkness; Sun's my lover, warms my day... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718