From: Amethyst Area: Mundane To: All 29 Sep 94 04:46:18 Subject: AIDS scare!!! UpdReq * Original Area: WICCA * Original To : All (93:9630/10) I am cross-posting this message in several relevant echos to get the word out. I recently heard the most shocking story from my ex-boyfriend that he heard from his new girlfriend and I have to share it with you so that the community can work some Magick for this woman and the man that hurt her, because he needs help too (and believe me, in light of recent events, I truly believe in the power of the Goddess and Magick). I also want people to be aware and be warned to be on the lookout for this guy before he hurts someone else. Thsi woman went down to Jamaica on vacation and she met a man, who she thought was very special and they had a lovely time together, going out places and having what she thought was a beautiful "holiday romance." They had a beautiful physical affair (opbviously she had been convinced to have unprotected sex with this man) and when she was ready to go home, she felt wonderful. Supposedly, the man was from somewhere in the US, possibly Washington. Then when it was time for her to go home, he went to the airport with her to see her off, and he handed her a small package and told her that he had wanted to get something really special, but to not open it until she got home. But she became really anxious and wanted to open it right away, so when she was on the flight home, she did. What she found inside that package was "something special" alright, and something really sickening, too. In the box, she found a black coffin (obviously from some kind of "voodoun novelty store") with a white rose painted on it and the note said "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF AIDS!" I was so shocked to hear of this. I don't know if it's been heard of before, but just the same, remember that not everyone who has unprotected sex with an infected partner contracts the virus and gets full-blown AIDS, so there may be some hope for her if we all work together on it, to the end that she has not contracted the virus and hope for the best outcome. Another thing is that I believe this man had contracted the virus from another woman (who perhaps didn't know she was infected) and has quite obviously, developed some sort of sick, cruel, and resentful bitterness towards women in general and wants to get even with anyone he can get. As far as I'm concerned, he's a very sick and twisted individual who is preying on innocent people and what he's doing, amounts to nothing short of first degree murder! So please work that he will get help and that justice will be done soon so that he cannot hurt another woman. And please help this woman to heal, as I believe that even if she doesn't contract the virus, she will be too traumatized to get close to another man for the rest of her life! No one should have to go through a horrible experience like that! BB -=Amethyst=- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lazarus Long Area: Mundane To: Tumbleweed 28 Sep 94 06:53:00 Subject: Tori Amos! UpdReq Hello Tumbleweed! 27 Sep 94 17:55, Tumbleweed wr Farrell Mcgovern: T> OH, almost forgot, I actually got a copy of the unreleased video T> of 'The Big Picture' (a song from Y Kant Tori Read) recently - T> pretty interesting! Pretty hoky, too, but that's ok, as she's T> running around half the video in her underwear, and the other T> half she's dressed as a Viking, waving a sword around. :) And now we know why it's unreleased. Main: azarus BlaNet 66:2100/0 FidoNet 1:349/32.12arne7546@TAO.sosc.sosshe.edu ong SOKUNet 32:100/12PODNet 93:9703/8 Others: lazarus@gears.efn.org earneson@ednet1.osl.or.gov 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Silverflame Area: Mundane To: All 30 Sep 94 16:13:22 Subject: Metaphysics? UpdReq From: silver@brewich.com (Silverflame) Newsgroups: pod.mundane Subject: Metaphysics? Farrell.McGovern@f0.n9631.z93.fidonet.org (Farrell McGovern) writes: > TI> Hi, Farrell! > > TI> Just a thought, but what if we turned Meta into a > TI> moderated echo, more along the lines of a moderated > TI> Usenet newsgroup? Let people post in MagickNet, and if > TI> you deem it worthy, toss it into Meta. Everybody would > TI> (should) set it read-only, and the only messages in it > TI> would be those you choose. I know it is more work for > TI> you, but maybe you could delegate the tossing part? > TI> Still, it would prolly only be a couple dozen a month, > TI> tops. > > I would LOVE to do it that way, but as was once discussed in the Syso > echo, we need the software for it...I am thinking about turning it into > something similar to Fidonews, but for PODSnet...will bring this up in PaganS > soon. > > ttyl > Farrell > > > > * Origin: Pandora's Box, Ottawa, Ont. 613-829-1209 (93:9631/0) To: Farrell McGovern Farrell, Just what is the procedure for posting on Metaphysics? I've an essay that I think is good enough to post. Since the echo is for "magazine quality" posts and is read only on our end, should I run it by my local Sysop, send it to you, or what? I'm a night shift bus rider and, as I was waiting for the bus last Yule, it hit me just what day of the year it was (I'm one who celebrates Yule as the beginning of the year), and I had a vision of our ancestors standing around their Sacred Circles waiting for the sun to rise. From that point on, I began to notice the changes going on around me. Yule is coming up again, and this year's cycle is ending. The essay is about what I've thought of during this last year while waiting to go to work at night and waiting to go home in the morning. Goddess Bless, Silver ------------------ silver@brewich.com (Silverflame) Origin: The Brewers' Witch BBS -- Houston, TX -- +1 713 272 7350 3 lines 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Tumbleweed Area: Mundane To: Lazarus Long 1 Oct 94 12:46:00 Subject: Tori Amos! UpdReq T> OH, almost forgot, I actually got a copy of the unreleased video T> of 'The Big Picture' (a song from Y Kant Tori Read) recently - T> pretty interesting! Pretty hoky, too, but that's ok, as she's T> running around half the video in her underwear, and the other T> half she's dressed as a Viking, waving a sword around. :) >And now we know why it's unreleased. I'll have you know there's NOTHING WRONG with a woman (especially a readheaded woman) going around dressed in her underwear, or dressed as a Viking. Granted, I'd rather see her dressed in her underwear, but hey, let's not pick nits. :) The song, however, wasn't too great. .. Bad, naughty, evil Zoot. You must spank her! -- MR/2 2.1 #34 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718