From: Urhla Area: Mundane To: Liana 15 Jul 94 15:32:40 Subject: LIFE UpdReq I am a Pooh Bear lover too. Did you read the Tao of Pooh? I relate a lot to Piglet. My mother is like Eeyore. My hubbies like Owl. What about you? You have salt air? Oh you lucky person, you! BTW I finished the book 98% of it was great! The ending...Well disappointing. Im now reading the Mists of Avalon. WOW! What are you doing with the Pagan Community? Hugs and such Urhla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Anom Stranger 16 Jul 94 16:20:00 Subject: Echo's UpdReq In a msg on , Anom Stranger of 93:9040/0 writes: AS> Thanks, see it is going out, will let downlinks know and will AS> also let him know about posts for Metaphysical. Regards, Thanx! ttyl Farrell McGovern /Magicknet Moderator Magicknet Trio - Mundane \Metaphysical 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Sewa Yoleme 16 Jul 94 16:21:42 Subject: detachment UpdReq In a msg on , Sewa Yoleme of 93:9810/8 writes: SY> If I remember correctly, Malana recently said: Ma>> Confusion lurks behind Malana, and who can help her?! SY> It's me again, Malana. May I give it a try? Ma>> Detachment! How does one caste a spell or visualize about Ma>> something that they want with their whole heart and soul, Ma>> and NOT CARE? Because I have foun that if you don't let go Ma>> of the desire, and you keep "worrying" on it, then...you Ma>> don't achieve it! SY> You're absolutely right: whether it's spell-casting or prayer (in SY> any of its forms), detatchment is essential--far more important SY> than I think most people feel it is. Ma>> So, how do you get to this state of being where you can want Ma>> something and still let go of it? This is the stumbling Ma>> block of my entire LIFE. SY> I would like to recommend to you a book that can help SY> tremendously. It's called _A Commentary on the I Ching_, by SY> Carol Anthony. It's available from Yes! Books in Georgetown, SY> though you might also find it at Borders if there's one near you, SY> or a specialized esoteric bookshop. Yes, I know a book on the I SY> Ching isn't quite what you had in mind, but let me assure you SY> it's one of the simplest and most direct paths to detachment (the SY> author calls it disengagement) that I've ever run across. SY> Anthony feels it's a two-fold path: becoming disengaged from our SY> ego (including our whining, controlling inferior self, and so SY> becoming free from both fear and desire) and becoming complete SY> receptive to the Cosmos and anything it wants to bring us. SY> I can't recommend it highly enough. It's like enrolling in a SY> school that the Sage teaches you personally, with patience but SY> perfectly adapted to your individual needs. SY> If you're interested, I'll be glad to give you tips along the SY> way, though I'm still on the path myself. I just threw a SY> hexagram for you, on how you should start on this particular SY> journey, and here's what I received (all quotations from the SY> Anthony book, though heavily edited for length): SY> (Original hexagram) "Follow your values, no matter how difficult SY> this seems. What we `follow' is our sense of what is essential, SY> just and correct. To be loyal to the good and the true within SY> oneself is to serve the Higher Power. We cling to inner SY> awareness as if it were the North Star laying out a path across SY> the ocean, guiding us toward what we cannot see. In following SY> what is high and good within ourself we are in partnership with SY> the Sage who knows how and when to make the impossible SY> succeed.... SY> (Changing lines) "When we listen to the childish part of SY> ourselves, with its wants, dissatisfactions and impatience, we SY> lose our strong and persevering self. It can be a conveniently SY> hostile view of a situation, or compulsive energy which drives us SY> to contending and contriving; it acts when it ought not act, and SY> seeks to enjoy and protect the progress made. But in letting go SY> of this part of us, the loss is more than compensated for by SY> inner growth and self-esteem.... SY> (Resulting hexagram) "We remove obstructions by keeping SY> emotionally disengaged from situations which tempt us to react in SY> an emotional way. We need to forego striving, sacrifice SY> grievances, disperse anger and frustration, resist desire, SY> dismantle overconfidence, and sacrifice feelings of rights and SY> expectations. In such ways we deprive our ego of energy and SY> invoke the power of the Creative, which always acts to help those SY> who unselfishly follow the good. `Dispersing' is a specific SY> technique of choosing to give up those things that have a hold on SY> us, allowing them to `float away.' We free them mentally, as one SY> would let a bird out of a cage. Through employing such images we SY> gain power over the negative influences. Until we try this SY> imaging technique, we are unaware that such a simple means can SY> free us from something which has heretofore controlled us with an SY> iron grip...." SY> Pax tecum! SY> Maito Sewa Yoleme SY> SY> ... "Every time I think I know where it's at, they move it." SY> -!- Blue Wave/Max v2.12 [NR] SY> ! Origin: The Arena of Anon * Herndon, Virginia * (703) 904-9669 SY> (93:9810/8) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Greetings: The above message was found in the METAPHYSICAL echo. The Metaphysical Echo is for *Magazine Style Posts ONLY*. If you want to respond to an article posted in METAPHYSICAL, please do so in either Magicknet (for Magickal oriented subjects) or Mundane, whichever is appropriate. Failure to do so after repeated warnings can eventually result in your being barred from these echos. If you have any problems with this, then respond in the Mundane echo. Thank you for you compliance, Farrell McGovern /Magicknet Moderator Magicknet Trio - Mundane \Metaphysical I am also reachable on Usenet/Internet at: ai474@freenet.carleton.ca or farrellj@pinetree.org 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Malana 16 Jul 94 16:22:00 Subject: detachment UpdReq In a msg on , Malana of 93:9810/8 writes: M> Sewa...I'm so glad you've posted to me. M> Enlightenment. M> All you have said has made some very intimate impact, and some M> good, hard sense...(in a tender way). Because, as I hope I M> made clear, detachment is this huge and terrible stumbing M> block. I AM aware of it. I see myself do it, and feel M> myself slide downward, and some how, through effort, or M> practiced non effort (which is a BIG effort), I cannot seem M> to stop myself from wanting to ... cling. I KNOW, and in M> deepest parts I know....that when I've looked at something M> outside of my self...be it a situation or what have you, and M> I've looked at this thing and calmly or just off handedly M> said, "WOuldn't that be nice?" and let it go.....Lo and M> behold...Kazzzamm....Its there for me. And I know, in the M> deepest part of my being, that when I say, "Oh, I need this M> thing! I need it now!" I sit in frustration forever, just M> wishing and wanting...and living on hope. and hoping isn't the M> way to live...Knowing is the way to live. My machine has this M> problem when it comes to "quoting" postings, so bear with M> me... I've printed these hexagram interpretations out that you M> were so generous to do for me, because after I read the first M> few lines, my heart lept at the intuitive intelligence you M> must have....It made so much SENSE! I laughed out loud! ;-) M> I WILL get our book recommondation....I've been to YES! books M> in Georgetowne quite frequently...Love it. So, you must be in M> the area! I'm a native here... Thank you SO very much Sewa M> Yoleme. Its a gift to get a post from you. M> *-Malana-* M> -!- Maximus/2 2.01wb M> ! Origin: The Arena of Anon * Herndon, Virginia * (703) 904-9669 M> (93:9810/8) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Greetings: The above message was found in the METAPHYSICAL echo. The Metaphysical Echo is for *Magazine Style Posts ONLY*. If you want to respond to an article posted in METAPHYSICAL, please do so in either Magicknet (for Magickal oriented subjects) or Mundane, whichever is appropriate. Failure to do so after repeated warnings can eventually result in your being barred from these echos. If you have any problems with this, then respond in the Mundane echo. Thank you for you compliance, Farrell McGovern /Magicknet Moderator Magicknet Trio - Mundane \Metaphysical I am also reachable on Usenet/Internet at: ai474@freenet.carleton.ca or farrellj@pinetree.org 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718