From: Malana Area: Mundane To: Tony Iannotti 16 Jul 94 17:15:08 Subject: Re: detachment Rec'd UpdReq TI> Metaphysical is for magazine style posts only. TI> Please ask your sysop TI> for a copy of the rules, or apply to Farrll TI> McGovern for a copy of the TI> same Ok, so sorry for the mix up! Malana 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: MILAMBER Area: Mundane To: ACE LIGHTNING 14 Jul 94 15:10:00 Subject: Re: MEANWHILE, BACK AT TH UpdReq ... On 07-04-94 20:33, Ace Lightning blessed us all with the following: AL> Alas, that was the house *before* this one. This house doesn't have a AL> fireplace, although if I had enough money I could have one built. We AL> have a huge yard, a little strip of woods to the North and a AL> swampy/marshy area to the West (hmmmm...never thought of the elemental AL> correspondences before...), and I can have my feet in the Atlantic AL> Ocean in fifteen minutes. Yep...quite nice to live by the water. I could walk out to the beach, but that's only the bay. It's a pretty stiff hike to the ocean from here... And to the Altantic? Jeesh... AL> Other than that, the things AL> I'm unhappy about not having are mostly intangibles. MI>Yes. Same here, I guess...only sort of the opposite. There are a lot of >things I've wanted very much all my life that I simply can't have right >now unless I win the lottery this week...but I'm doing pretty well on the >intangibles. I've found my path, I've found my fiancee. I may sometimes >wish that I would learn faster, but I know that's just a minor flaw of >impatience on my part. All things happen in their own time. AL> I'm on my Path; that's one of the areas where things *are* going sort AL> of right. I'm more-or-less happily married (we celebrated our 21st AL> anniversary last month!), but our teenage son has behavior problems AL> and makes my life a living hell most of the time. We've managed to get AL> ourselves into a financial "hole", and my husband is predicting all AL> sorts of doom and destruction, and refuses to accept my magick as AL> being "real" help. I'm a middle-aged suburban housewife instead of the AL> first woman to reach Mars (or something); I have a lot of self-esteem AL> problems. And right at the moment, anyway, there doesn't seem to be AL> much hope that any of these things will really ever get better. AL> I envy you. Careful, there...I mauy not have a teenager, but I'm not without stumbling blocks. (One in particular is that I'm only a few years ahead of a teenager, and my fiancee is quite a bit older. People keep asking if I'm her son.) Still, all in all, I'm pretty happy with what I have. I'm doing pretty well, for how well I'm doing... Blessed Be, Milamber, a.k.a. Maus "The thawing fields are smooth and svelte... But I have snow beneath my belt And weeks to go before I melt And weeks to go before I melt." -Robert Frosty ... The magic's in the music and the music's in me. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718