From: Urhla Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 27 May 94 17:39:40 Subject: Kitchen Witch UpdReq I found in my drug days that I did discover some really interesting ideas that i think that i probably would have missed otherwise. We used to do a group activity where wed write stories or draw pictures by each writing or drawing a small section then passing it to the next person. We called it "phuslothedusnikism" (each person picked a syllable). It is what eventually lead me to do collage. I am glad though that I learned that art was much more coherent and magic more powerful (for me) without drugs. Thank you for telling me about your bunnies, Saul is starting to warm up, especially at treat time. Actually at treat time hes downright assertive. Give me that damn treat! I love that because it lets me know that I have a really spunky bunny! Hes developed a warm relationship with my shyer budgie. Eva loves to sit on his cage and chirp quietly. Its a nice sight. Well I must be off! Busy life! Teehee TTYS urhla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Frank Short Area: Mundane To: Sis 27 May 94 10:36:00 Subject: Yes, I Do Insist.. (CON'T) UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. -=> Quoting Sis to Frank Short <=- Sis> I was wondering if my magicknet link was broken or something, seeing Sis> you reply to and quote messages we never saw here. Sis> Cross posting pvt mail to very public Echos is extremely rude and Sis> only shows you have some sort of ax to grind. 'our peers'? You Sis> flatter yourself. 'truth'? Oh puleeze. The truth is I rue the day I Sis> signed for you and would take it back if possible. Ah, the devil finally emerges. Ladies and gentlemen, may I finally introduce the original "sin" of this conflict, swinging sword and all. I understand your point of view, "Sis". However, I am at wonder as to how easily people take sides. I have never spoken for "...us..." as Mr. Bold often does. I also notice it certainly didn't seem "rude" to you or like an "... ax to grind." when the original (public) comments were made about me, regardless of how I might feel about the entire "echo-system" knowing of my business. So I made the previous posts "public" to keep from someone's poor or mis-interpretation of it coming back to haunt me later. (I only wish I had done the same with some of OUR voice conversations, sis... as there would be less chance of needing to defend my stand now!) Sis> Josh N said a neat thing that you and Kevin and Gary could all Sis> take note of.. paraphrased horribly, but, Choose your enemies Sis> carefully, you become like them. I loved it, what a waste of creative Sis> energy... Thanks Josh ;) That similarity may be the very reason you and I had so many "conflicts". That Scorpio in you has held a high place in my heart, shy of the problems we've encountered that led to our "seperation". I have gone up and down the may-pole with various statements about you and Ouroboros Camp. But all-in-all, I have tried to be objective in general, even going so far as to refer people to your Camp and BBS (whom you've met), should it be their opinion that they or your group might benefit. No malice given, no thanks wanted, it just didn't work for me while I was there. I am not a hateful person sis.... but once I sink my teeth into something, I'm not one to let go. I figure you know that. Unless given further reason, I would like to tame this down, as the fight can go on only so far before real damage is done between anyone involved. And I certainly don't want to go head-to-head with you, sis, as I know your sting is laced with some pretty strong poison (underhanded compliment, I suppose). It's in your hands now, Soror N. Let's see where it will go. Until then... Love is the law, love under will. ... -Hapana siri ya watu wawili. (Swahili) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lynna Landstreet Area: Mundane To: Josh Norton 28 May 94 05:28:06 Subject: enviro-fun UpdReq JN> LL> Telling people something they don't want to hear isn't going JN> LL> to help the bottom line. JN> JN> I dunno.... bad news seems to be a major selling point for most JN> papers and TV stations. Look at the way they've capitalized on the JN> "Increasing Crime in Our Society" issue, when the crime rate has JN> really held steady for the last 30 years or so. Kind of depends on the particular sort of bad news, I think. Crime stories tend to make people feel like victims and provide them with excuses for disliking or distrusting people of other races, economic classes, etc., whereas environmental bad news stories might make people feel that they ought to clean up their *own* acts, something much less popular... ___ * Freddie 1.2 * Say what you have to say, not what you ought. Any truth is better than make-believe. (Thoreau) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lynna Landstreet Area: Mundane To: Gwenny The Pooh 17 May 94 05:17:20 Subject: greenhouse UpdReq GTP> Short of blowing Her to bits, we cannot destroy the Mother....only GTP> ourselves. And a whole lot of other species. We aren't the only ones that live here. We are currently in the midst of one of the greatest extinction spasms in geological history. A *conservative* estimate is that we are losing 27,000 species per year -- that's 3 every hour.* The primary causes are habitat destruction, pollution, overhunting, and introduction of exotic speices and diseases. So no, we may not be able to destroy the Mother herself -- but we're doing a damn good job of wiping out Her other children. * Edward O. Wilson, The Diversity Of Life (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1992) p. 280. ___ * Freddie 1.2 * Nature is to be found in her entirety nowhere more than in her smallest creatures. (Pliny the Elder) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lynna Landstreet Area: Mundane To: David Arnold 17 May 94 05:17:22 Subject: greenhouse UpdReq DA> i feel like every time i do something for the Earth (in my normal DA> second-nature routine), someone else comes along and vomits all over DA> my clean and peaceful planet spot -- and then walks away with utter DA> uncaring contempt, leaving me with this sick feeling in the depths DA> of me. :( I can relate. Sometimes everything we do seems pretty futile. But there's a quote I came across a while back -- can't recall who by at the moment -- to the effect that: "There is no greater fool than he who does nothign because he can only do a little." In other words, don't give up. Every bit helps. ___ * Freddie 1.2 * Our suffering is very much with us as we sit in the middle of the killing fields where so much biological diversity has been murdered by advancing civilization. But if we are alert, patient, attentive to the way things are, then Pan will return from his hiding place in the forest and teach us the will of the land. (Bill Devall) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: Mundane To: Sis 28 May 94 20:41:00 Subject: Re: yes, i do insist.. ( UpdReq Thus said Sis to Frank Short concerning Re: yes, i do insist.. (c: Si> Josh N said a neat thing that you and Kevin and Gary could all Si> take note of.. paraphrased horribly, but, Choose your enemies Si> carefully, you become like them. I loved it, what a waste of creative Si> energy... Thanks Josh ;) Yer welcome, Sis, but I can't take the credit -- it's one of those sayings apocryphally attributed to (among others) Chinese folklore, Oscar Wilde, Mark Twain, and H.L. Mencken. The gods know where it really came from. I'm not entirely without sin in the bickering & flaming department, but I do wish these fellows would take themselves off to somewhere where I don't have to read them -- preferably off-net. ... Plagiarism can be dangerous....Derive carefully! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718