From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: All 21 May 94 15:07:00 Subject: Posting the Banns UpdReq "Posting the banns" is an old custom relating to marriage or handfasting. By announcing their intention to unite as publicly as possible, the couple confirms the sincerity of their vows before the human race and the Gods. One of these two people is my long-time teacher, my beloved friend, and my High Priestess. She has asked me to help her post the banns as widely as they can be posted, by putting this announcement out on BBS systems. I am honored to be able to help. ************************************************************************ BANNS OF HANDFASTING: Judith Sefer Harrow and Corilane Gwyneth Cathyl-Bickford, having made their vows on the 25th of March, 1994, declare their intention to celebrate their marriage in the presence of their friends, colleagues and the Elder Gods, on June 19th, 1994, in South Orange, New Jersey. If there be any hindrance or objection to this rite, let it be known forthwith, to Rev. Phyllis Curott, 372 Central Park West, New York, NY 10025 USA. Theme song: "I Only Have Eyes For You" ************************************************************************ ************************************************************************ SLMR 2.0 "Love is the only law I know..." 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: All 21 May 94 15:07:02 Subject: Posting the Banns UpdReq "Posting the banns" is an old custom relating to marriage or handfasting. By announcing their intention as publicly as possible, the couple confirms the sincerity of their vows before the human race and the Gods. It also allows anyone who may know of a reason why the two should *not* be married to explain that reason before the final vows are exchanged. One of these two people is my long-time teacher, my beloved friend, and my High Priestess. She has asked me to help her post the banns as widely as they can be posted, by putting this announcement out on BBS systems. I am honored to be able to help. ************************************************************************ BANNS OF HANDFASTING: Judith Sefer Harrow and Corilane Gwyneth Cathyl-Bickford, having made their vows on the 25th of March, 1994, declare their intention to celebrate their marriage in the presence of their friends, colleagues and the Elder Gods, on June 19th, 1994, in South Orange, New Jersey. If there be any hindrance or objection to this rite, let it be known forthwith, to Rev. Phyllis Curott, 372 Central Park West, New York, NY 10025 USA. Theme song: "I Only Have Eyes For You" ************************************************************************ This message is being posted on: GODNet's First Forum PODSNet Mundane PODSNet Wicca SLMR 2.0 "Love is the only law I know..." 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: Mundane To: Fir 21 May 94 11:15:00 Subject: File areas UpdReq Thus said Fir to Josh Norton concerning File areas: Fi> Hi Josh, Fi> Yet another board has a Benjamin Rowe file area. Grendel gave you Fi> your own file area with this last bunch of files you mailed out. Ah, fame! But will they still remember me a hundred years from now? ... White Elephant Enterprises -- Life would be a sorry place without us! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Jack Meoff Area: Mundane To: She Who Remembers 5 May 94 07:35:36 Subject: Romeo and Juliet UpdReq SWR> Sunday May 01 1994, Jack Meoff writes to Wolfriend: JM> They made a play out of the movie! Damn I didn't know about that. JM> Shakspear is one damn good movie producer. I JM> don't know if I would JM> like him writting plays or not. SWR> Jack, even you can't be this stupid. William Shakespeare lived and died SWR> long before movies existed, come to think of it long SWR> before US of America SWR> even existed. SWR> Have a nice day. I was just testing all of you to see how smart you are. You passed the test. It was a joke. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Peter Blood Area: Mundane To: Alice 6 May 94 15:55:10 Subject: Live and let live, in ha UpdReq A> I agree about pissing off a wommon. I do not agree about the guns. A> So when did you turn so anti-American buddy? We were friends. What A> happened to you? Guns are part of being an American. I hunt. I A> like to hunt. I own guns. I own two shotguns and several handguns. I A> enjoy shooting. I go out to the country where my grandmother lives A> and shoot a whole box of shells at one time. I am a damn good shot. A> If someone broke into my house, I would blow his nuts off. That is my A> right as an American. You want to take that freedom away from me? A> You would get shot trying. You should have a dick for all the penis waving you do. You're sounding just like Jack now. Are you sure it's not like another name you use here just to confuse people? I have always been anti-caucasian. 'Take my guns over my dead body!'......hmmmm....okay Blood! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Alice Area: Mundane To: Peter Blood 18 May 94 20:07:24 Subject: Live and let live, in ha UpdReq A> I agree about pissing off a wommon. I do not agree about the guns. A> So when did you turn so anti-American buddy? We were friends. What A> happened to you? Guns are part of being an American. I hunt. I A> like to hunt. I own guns. I own two shotguns A> and several handguns. I A> enjoy shooting. I go out to the country where my grandmother lives A> and shoot a whole box of shells at one time. I A> am a damn good shot. A> If someone broke into my house, I would blow his A> nuts off. That is my A> right as an American. You want to take that freedom away from me? A> You would get shot trying. PB> You should have a dick for all the penis PB> waving you do. You're sounding just like Jack now. Are PB> you sure it's not like another name you use here just PB> to confuse people? PB> I have always been anti-caucasian. PB> 'Take my guns over my dead body!'......hmmmm....okay PB> Blood! PB> I do not need a penis. I am better than any man ever made by the Goddess. By the way men are mistakes and natures way of telling a joke. Alice 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Mike Sinclair Area: Mundane To: ARAIGUMA 21 May 94 21:46:12 Subject: A quibble UpdReq ARAIGUMA wrote in a message to MIKE SINCLAIR: A> Heteros don't *need* to flaunt, parade, promote, etc., since A> everyone is presumed to be one. It's the default option... A> :) Actually, all of mainstream culture (arguably) flaunts A> heterosexuality. Greetings Araiguma...... How about some of that argument to consider ? A> It's a little difficult to see a place for A> oneself in the culture if one doesn't conform to the hetero A> norm. Yes, I can understand that. A> That is one purpose of "flaunting, parading, A> promoting..."--to make the presence of alternatives known to A> interested parties. IMHO. Wrong approach. Knowing what the "public" is like should make one wary of exposure. Even Columbus was considered a heretic for his round world view. I am not real sure *I* have a really clear grasp of the _cause_ of homosexuality. It is certainly a predictable fact of life that there will be divergencies from the norm (in this case hetero). I believe this is a deviation in the DNA structure. Armed with the real cause and all the facts, I imagine a better case could be made for acceptance than "parades" achieve. Parades simply irritate a great many people and give no opportunity at all for better understanding. They fly in the face of the wider community and (from what I have seen) could _never_ bring acceptance. In doctors surgeries here in Australia there are often pamphlets attempting to explain some medical conditions and explode fallacies. ie. Public education. That is an emotionally non charged situation. Surely that is one situation that could be put to use to educate the community and increase acceptance of homosexuality ? A> invisibility and its attendent problems. It's easy to A> hate an abstract, somewhat harder to hate a person. I am not so sure when you consider your next paragraph. A> non-issue when it does *not* mean being beaten up, killed, A> losing one's job or the custody of one's children, or being A> barred from certain careers altogether. IMO that is precipitated by "rubbing the nose of an ignorant few in the problem" ie. Parades. We do see that here. The "real" machos would be only too kean to "sort out these wierdos" in the parade. The whole situation is polarised, provocative and totally unproductive. A> Part of the rationale behind parades, coming out to people, and A> so on, is to put some faces onto this amorphous "lavender A> menace"-- Hmmmmmm....... A> to alert people to the fact that gays aren't alien A> monsters, but are co-workers, sons, daughters, cousins, A> veterinarians, garbage collectors, and so on. imo. Employing less emotive public education would be better. A> We do not yet live in such times. Well, I dunno. Nelson Mandella does and look what he just did ????????? Om Shanti, Mike. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Urhla Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 21 May 94 11:03:42 Subject: Kitchen Witch UpdReq Those tapes you mentioned sound interesting. Do people come to you with need and you create the tape? This sounds almost shamanic. I did sound work at university but was pooh poohed for my "Concerto for Bicycle pump" Which sounded like whale calls. I also enjoy making amulets. I like the collage aspects of it. Im a magpie and like to keep things in hope of using them later. Ive filled so many closets! I have one rabbit and two LOUD budgies. BTW is your rabbit trained? Ive tried to train Saul and have only a partial success. He pees in the litter box but poops to his hearts content. A pet store owner says that that is not unusual. At least its not reversed. Hes a wonderful pet but still shy of us. Weve only had him for two months. Hes the spitting image of Hazel from Watership Down. Ive been collecting recipes around the board and recently the net. I think that I like recipes more than baking or cooking. I do however, love mixing and crushing. Maybe thats why I like to work with herbs. You seem to juggle a busy life, how do you get the energy? Im really interested in your answer here, because my life is getting busier and busier and i dont see it letting up. AAEEYY! TTYS urhla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Alpha Wolf Area: Mundane To: Ace Lightning 20 May 94 23:28:00 Subject: LYCANTHROPY UpdReq AL> AW> AL> Try it with "live" drumming if you can! AL> AW>I think that until Wolf finds a drummer he likes, or at least one that AL> is AL> >"non-threatening", this will be impossible... However, Wolf likes a AL> few of AL> >my friends and would not oppose them being present. AL> Teach one of THEM to drum! Alas, I fear something is about to happen to me and my friends... something... EVIL? It seems we are being called by a dragon named Lispin, and I seem to be the only one protected from this entity. It wants us to form a mystic group and call ourselves the Horde of the Great Wyrm. I feel a deep malign from this for some reason, and Wolf has yet to volunteering the information, if he has any... Maybe asking would be nice? AL> AW>GoddESSes? Wow! Lucky you! heh ;-) AL> Are you Wiccan? Have you ever heard of "drawing down the AL> Moon"? (Not the AL> book by Margot Adler; the ritual itself.) That's how I AL> became acquainted AL> with voluntarily surrendering control to Someone other than AL> my outward AL> personality. I have heard of the book, but not the activity... Hmmm... AL> AW>Whenever Wolf and I join, i feel unbeatable, like I could challenge AL> the AL> >world and win. It has actually resulted in making me more aggressive AL> and AL> >intimidating, this much I noticed when my friend Peter (who wants to AL> teach AL> >me to street-fight) and my friends (the ones mentioned above who I AL> wrestle AL> >with) were sporting around with me... I didn't think I had hit Peter AL> THAT AL> >hard...? AL> Wolf is always good for warriors... Warrior? Me? hahahaha!!!!!! ;-) Sure, I swordfight alot, but I'm definately NOT a sterio-typical warrior, am I? heh! AL> AW>But you're right, it feels good. I have never been high, so I don't AL> know if AL> >it's the same feeling, but if it is, I think I've found a better AL> alternativ AL> >(Say no to drugs! Bond!). AL> I used to be a hippie...but "possession trance" is legal, AL> cheap, AL> relatively harmless (as long as you observe basic AL> safeguards!), and a AL> lot better for you than drugs. And the "high" can AL> definitely be AL> "higher". I agree with this mentality, And bonding with Wolf is at least more potent than a niccotine high! heh! (I hope so!) AL> AW>We have agreed... He can have me when I am about to sleep, and I AL> usually AL> >stay awake in a bonded state from around 9:00 to way past midnight AL> (except AL> >on the weekends, too busy), and any time he and I agree is a good AL> time. It' AL> >working soo far, I wonder what would happen if I gave myself full AL> time? I AL> >hear that's not good for either of us... AL> Alas, in this society, you'd simply be labeled "psychotic", AL> and probably AL> dosed with heavy-duty drugs until Wolf could no longer AL> reach you. Uh-oh! hahahah!! I tried it for a whole day, walking around as Wolf... hahahahaha!!! Nobody could figure me out, and Wolf was actually pretending to be me... heh... Maybe he's been hanging around with Coyote? AL> AW> AL> I'm rather noticeably math-impaired. AL> AW>heh! Don't get discouraged! AL> After all this time, I've gone beyond discouraged to AL> resigned. If I need AL> arithmetic done, I use a calculator; if I need math done, I AL> ask my AL> husband. Just remember that all numbers equal zero, and you'll be OK... Oh yes, I remember you suggested getting my teeth altered to look more canine. Well, I traded a valuable trading card for a set of movie quality 'werewolf" teeth. They look sooooo real! I like to either make faces in the mirror and snarl, or smile as I pass people on the sidewalk with these! I freaked out this one lady... her jaw dropped strait down! hahahahahahah!!! You had to be there, I guess... Wolf says to thank you for your help. --Alph Wolf 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: Mundane To: Mike Sinclair 22 May 94 03:44:06 Subject: HI! UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. namaste mike, i was kind of hoping not to get into this, but ok. (my hesitance is because i have found that in general, when it comes to issues like this, i'm not going to be able to change your mind, and i already know that you won't be able to change mine.) MS> say I get tired of homosexuality being promoted, MS> exalted, paraded. Heteros just don't do that. It simply heteros don't??! when a hetero couple walks down the street holding hands, are they 'parading their sexuality'? when a man at work talks about having had 'a hot date over the weekend', is he promoting his heterosexuality? what if a couple consisting of 2 men walked down the street holding hands? are they flaunting their homosexuality? which of these couples is most likely to get the shit kicked out of them? MS> is not an issue. It is (IMHO) the homo who in MS> frantically trying to justify their position causes all MS> the fuss, who flaunts, parades etc.etc. I get fed up MS> when people make an issue out of a non issue. Do *you* why is it 'flaunting' if a homosexual couple displays affection in public, when you wouldn't think twice about it if it was a hetero couple? mike, even your language here is inflammatory. MS> Dazzle originally asked why hetero males found homo practice "revolting" personally, i don't care whether someone finds homosxual sex between men to be revolting. i don't think that that necessarilly goes hand-in-hand with homophobia. MS> statements reflect a homophobic view, then I would MS> expect to be defending a latent homo psyche. **In personally, i believe that some people with homophobia may have a latent 'homo psyche', though i don't think it's necessarilly this way. so, no, i'm not suggesting that you're a 'closet case'. ;> MS> Hhmmmmmm.......... Strong unsolicited view Kayla. Why ? as i have said, i have personally seen the effects of homophobia---i have seen it hurt people who i love. thus, i do have strong opiions in this area. (wouldn't support racism or sexism either, actually.) some of where i became offended by what you were saying on the sex magick echo was more due to 'tone' than 'content'. granted, it can be easy to misinterpret someone's tone within the context of electronic media, (one reason why i always try to give anyone who's rankling me, the benefit of the doubt.) the 'biological research' that you were citing is very controversial, and not generally accepted within the psych or medical community. to suggest that homosexuality is an abnormality tends to reek of homophobia to me. one cannot even begin to ask _why_ people are homosexual, until one concurrently posits the question 'why are people heterosexual?" MS> For ever hon. For ever. that's good! MS> I really do appreciate your correspondence Kayla, MS> whether we agree on all points is a little bit MS> irrelevant to the overall communication. MS> Though it _is_ nice when we agree. *:-) i'll agree to that! MS> I really don't know. Talking to my friendly bookstore MS> manager he says Tantra books sell quite fast. There may MS> be an unseen groundswell arising. I tend to doubt it hmmm...maybe your new ad will work, eh? MS> developed any *real* sensitivity to females even in MS> this day and age. It is unbelievable that they are MS> missing so much. Then I have to consider the females MS> just don't insist anyway. Makes it difficult, there is well, i try to insist, though sometimes it gets me nowhere. :\ as for females being unlikely to practice tantra, maybe they just haven't found the right partner yet? };-] MS> What do you think ? Boisterous Tantric male seeks MS> energetic spiritual Yogini. maybe include something in the ad that suggests that if they were _interested_ in tantra, rather than in search of an 'already yogini' might broaden the possibilities? looking forward to hearing how it goes! Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Mike Sinclair Area: Mundane To: Rose Dawn 22 May 94 18:37:10 Subject: Re: HI! UpdReq Rose Dawn wrote in a message to Mike Sinclair: > What do you think ? Boisterous Tantric male seeks energetic > spiritual Yogini. RD> RD> I'm there, dude. RD> RD> LOL!! Just kidding, just kidding. ;> Yeehaa !! Suffering severe crestfalling symptoms and delusions of normality. I will peek through my crack in reality and ask Hey, just what does LOL mean ? Darned Yankees............ *:-) Om Shanti, Mike. and Oh ! What is a "fundie" Hindu ? Huh ? Huh ? tell me now. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Lazarus Long 22 May 94 15:15:20 Subject: LYCANTHROPY UpdReq LL> AL> LL>Explosive myths are the best kind, David. LL> AL> TAGLINED! LL>Grand! I've never been taglined before. Now don't tell me you've stolen >this, also. No... While I'm happy to have been the one who cured your "tagline virginity", I couldn't use the line, because I *have* had my lines stolen. (Even some I made up myself, as well as the ones I stole elsewhere...) LL> AL> LL>... Miskatonic University...why study LESSER evils? LL> AL> Cthulhu For President! Why vote for the LESSER of two > AL> evils? LL>Hahaha.....that's a good one. Of course, I don't think they could keep >Cthulhu on the telly for long: the media would go insane. Hmmm.... Is >there a Lovecraft echo? That would be fun. I dunno if there's a Lovecraft echo. Actually, I was never that deeply "into" the Mythos. The "Cthulhu For President" bit was a bumper sticker; I think it first appeared during the Bush campaign (!) SLMR 2.0 "Steal the best taglines" shall be the whole of the Law. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Mike Sinclair Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 24 May 94 19:49:02 Subject: HI! UpdReq Kayla Block wrote in a message to Mike Sinclair: MS> exalted, paraded. Heteros just don't do that. It simply KB> heteros don't??! when a hetero couple walks down the street Greetings O California Girl......... Hey Kayla, I was talking about a gay Mardi Gra KB> personally, i don't care whether someone finds homosxual sex KB> between men to be revolting. i don't think that that KB> necessarilly goes hand-in-hand with homophobia. Well you kinda lost me here. That _is_ what dazzle et al were talking about and _I_ didn't say it was homophobic, so are you having a beef at me ? < Puzzled look here > I am aware that msgs from Australia lag a little coming into the US system. The round trip is about 7 or 8 days. Could it be that some things get a little out of kilter ? KB> some of where i became offended by what you were saying on KB> the sex magick echo was more due to 'tone' than 'content'. Mmmmm.... my view was based on statistics only. There HAS to be a homo population. The cause is not clear, agreed. I said with qualification that I _understood_ it was due to a particular factor. I also said I was no expert on that. Shall we just let this slide now ? ********************************************* MS> For ever hon. For ever. KB> that's good! Smooch, smooch. KB> i'll agree to that! You will ? and this not even our first date.......... Heh, heh, heh. Ah, the license of our screens. *:-) KB> hmmm...maybe your new ad will work, eh? More on this later. Have another date tomorrow night. Oh, no I'll speak to it now. You will have seen my ad. :) Drew ZERO qualified response. One school girl playing tricks by "offering" her friend. One Filipino lady eating a pie as she spoke on the phone. One other lady with rather conflicting opinions and a German lady whom I have spoken to once before but not yet met. Well, tomorrow will change that. Lastly a very nicely spoken GUY enquiring if I would be interested in joining he and his wife. Hmmmm, not what I had in mind at all................. MS> developed any *real* sensitivity to females even in KB> well, i try to insist, though sometimes it gets me nowhere. So, would you not just walk away from an insensitive situation ? I do and I am the male, the hunter, the vanquisher. WoW ! The power of it all............ shucks ! I just started into "Getting the Love You Want" by Harville Hendrix. Looks quite good so far. Examines the childhood influences etc and provides a ten week course to heal your life. (and relationships) Came to me from my sister in law who is an ex counseller and thought I may find it helpfull in understanding why I have SUCH a draw to my lady of last year. I override it in practice but I am feeling it. Humphhh. Does this mean I have unresolved desires ? gawd ! I have enough fun with my resolved ones. :-) <-- that's a little less holy than usual. *:-) Maybe more self scrutiny coming up eh ? Don't you use an OLR ? I noticed you complained of being nearly out of time. I _never_ work in the BBS itself. This is an external reader. You could maybe use a QWK olr ? Much more convenient. Peace and Joy Kayla. Mike. May All Beings be Happy. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Crat Area: Mundane To: Thomas Izaguirre 23 May 94 14:35:54 Subject: Randoids UpdReq -=> Quoting Thomas Izaguirre to Crat <=- TI> Problem is, what do you consider to be the producers in this society? TI> Mere creation and circulation of wealth requires no great intelligence TI> nor ingenuity, especially since much of that wealth gets shunted out TI> of the system where it would do more good. Ideally, surpluses should TI> be re-invested back into the business so that it can maintain a level TI> of quality but that has not been done. All the Reagan-era TI> deregulation did was give said producers an excuse to get fat and lazy TI> as opposed to fit and trim and burgeoning with health, and the country TI> suffers accordingly. Herman Kahn would probably never admit that the TI> trickle-down that was supposed to occur was merely an intermittent And thus they stopped being producers and became parasites which the system either destroyed or they became politically well-connected and even worse parasites. Rand apparently believed in enlightened self-interest; i.e. you did your best and allowed others to do so also. What you are blaming on Reagan is the development of the mass mentality that government should provide everything for everybody with no cost to the individual. If the government would stop sucking up all excess and robbing the working poor with excessive taxes (such as the social security shell game), there would be more to "trickle down". By competing with the working poor for goods (such as food via food stamps and housing via programs like Section 8 and TAP that pay up to twice the market prices) and services (e.g. programs that provide more benefits not to work than the working person can get), and paying for them with the money extorted from the working poor, the government makes sure that nothing can trickle. TI> drip... I read Rand's interview with Playboy in 1965, where she TI> immediately excoriated William F. Buckley and his conservative TI> movement for requiring that the politiclly correct capitalist must be TI> a believer in God. Yet, her philosophy is much the same; wealth = TI> virtue, only that Ego takes the place of the Deity. She never got TI> around to fully attacking that position though and spent the next 17 TI> years of her life engaged in petty sexual politics within her clique TI> and trying to clarify her dogma. When fans and devotees of her TI> philosophy wonder why they can't seem to get a foot into the door in TI> the conservative movement, one need only look at the erratic history TI> of its founder Ayn Rand. TI> Darn, missed that interview (I was in Jr. High at the time and mommy wouldn't let me read Playboy - which probably explains a lot .....). Granted, she was not a people person (is that a proper understatement?) when she was crossed or not taken as gospel, but let us remember that Rousseau was not a nice person, but his ideas are still accepted (unfortunately). ... Don't steal...the government hates competition! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Urhla Area: Mundane To: Liana 23 May 94 09:54:42 Subject: YUM UpdReq Hi Liana! I tried your apple bread. Now that is some bread! I brought it to a party and people fell all over it. BTW you didnt tell me what instrument you played. Its another beautiful day, so I'll cut this short to savour the sun's rays, which will bless me by giving me a wicked burn:) Blessings urhla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Judy 22 May 94 15:33:32 Subject: HAIL TWITS! UpdReq On May 21 19:14 94, Judy of 93:9810/11 wrote: FM>> A (S)tuck (U)p (S)tuffed (S)hirt....you know the FM>> kind, they make the meeting follow robert's rules of FM>> order, when a non-conventional method would enable you FM>> to do it in tenth of the time..The "My Trad is more FM>> correct than your Trad is" type...They beurocrats that FM>> inhabit government depart ments tht make you fill out a FM>> form for everything, including whipingyour nose, and FM>> add to the cost so much that a screwdriver costs the FM>> the taxpayer $12,000! THAT is a SUSS! J> Farrell, you are completely off in your assessment of those J> people you have named SUSSes. I've actually met a few, and J> they're nothing like that. Actually, there is only one person I have named such, the rest are self-identified. J> For instance, you're probably a mature, competent individual who isn't J> a whiner and knows how to spell Actually, I can't spell. And by all rights, I shouldn't be able to read much, either. Being dyxlexic can do that to you. J> and doesn't form paranoid snap judgements with an "Us vs Them" J> mentality and has a real life, in real life. Who'd'a thunk it? As for the paranoia, I think that it is justified. I mean, If I state that the sun rises in teh east, there will be at least a half dozen people here who will debated it with me. I challange people, for that is the job that The Lady has given to me. I don't always enjoy it, but it is was I am asked to do. ttyl, Farrell 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Urhla Area: Mundane To: Liana 23 May 94 09:54:42 Subject: YUM UpdReq Hi Liana! I tried your apple bread. Now that is some bread! I brought it to a party and people fell all over it. BTW you didnt tell me what instrument you played. Its another beautiful day, so I'll cut this short to savour the sun's rays, which will bless me by giving me a wicked burn:) Blessings urhla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Judy 22 May 94 15:33:32 Subject: HAIL TWITS! UpdReq On May 21 19:14 94, Judy of 93:9810/11 wrote: FM>> A (S)tuck (U)p (S)tuffed (S)hirt....you know the FM>> kind, they make the meeting follow robert's rules of FM>> order, when a non-conventional method would enable you FM>> to do it in tenth of the time..The "My Trad is more FM>> correct than your Trad is" type...They beurocrats that FM>> inhabit government depart ments tht make you fill out a FM>> form for everything, including whipingyour nose, and FM>> add to the cost so much that a screwdriver costs the FM>> the taxpayer $12,000! THAT is a SUSS! J> Farrell, you are completely off in your assessment of those J> people you have named SUSSes. I've actually met a few, and J> they're nothing like that. Actually, there is only one person I have named such, the rest are self-identified. J> For instance, you're probably a mature, competent individual who isn't J> a whiner and knows how to spell Actually, I can't spell. And by all rights, I shouldn't be able to read much, either. Being dyxlexic can do that to you. J> and doesn't form paranoid snap judgements with an "Us vs Them" J> mentality and has a real life, in real life. Who'd'a thunk it? As for the paranoia, I think that it is justified. I mean, If I state that the sun rises in teh east, there will be at least a half dozen people here who will debated it with me. I challange people, for that is the job that The Lady has given to me. I don't always enjoy it, but it is was I am asked to do. ttyl, Farrell 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Frank Short Area: Mundane To: Stu Sonas 23 May 94 13:55:00 Subject: Picklist UpdReq Greetings Stu and.... Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. You mentioned... SS> Thanks for the suggestions! You're quite welcome! My apologies for taking so long to reply, I've been a bit busy and as usual, too much to do, too little time to do it! The Equinox is well worth the $$ 'cause of the diagrams, pictures and such, not to mention, the original format of a MS can make all the difference in the world! However, you're right about "that .... smell of a good book"! Nothing quite like holding the copy close to you, besides, my monitor cable won't reach to the living room! (Even good ol' Cpt. Picard agrees!) SS> the home of many Equinox files; The sysop here at the Equinox BBS has some nice Equinox files. So does Modem Magick (619-447-5010) and I believe Mysteria (818-353-8891) has a thorough collection of some of the mentioned files. I'm afraid I don't know where you're calling from, however, I do hope that you have a high-speed modem for any of the long-distance numbers. The first volume of the Equinox alone will take *hours* at 2400 baud. Hmmmm... you know, as an afterthought, I could Zip up the Equinox and mail it to you if you haven't already got it. Let me know how you'd like to work that out if that route is preferred. (Gee, I hope *this* gesture doen't come back to haunt me too!) I hope I've been of any assistance and again, many apologies for my waiting so long to reply. Take care Stu, and.... Love is the law, love under will. ... -It's okay to be a follower, just don't *stay* a follower! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Alpha Wolf 24 May 94 10:56:56 Subject: LYCANTHROPY UpdReq AW>Alas, I fear something is about to happen to me and my friends... something >EVIL? It seems we are being called by a dragon named Lispin, and I seem to >the only one protected from this entity. It wants us to form a mystic group >and call ourselves the Horde of the Great Wyrm. I feel a deep malign from t >for some reason, and Wolf has yet to volunteering the information, if he ha >any... Maybe asking would be nice? Um, er, uh...have you been playing Shadowrun? I don't mean to insult or discount your experiences -- far from it! -- but dragons are imaginary, although wolves aren't. This entity is probably a creation of your own mind(s), given power by your own fear. Have you asked Wolf, and what was His answer? In the meantime, try purifying yourselves (and the area you're in) by "smudging" with sage. Many "New Age" and "occult" shops sell whole sage. Light it and blow it out, like stick incense; it will smolder and give off fragrant smoke. Waft the smoke over yourselves with a wave of your hand, or a feather fan if you have one. As the smoke passes over you, visualize it "cleansing" you, dissolving everything that is not in harmony with your purpose. Be aware that you created your own fear, so you can unmake it again. AW> AL> AW>GoddESSes? Wow! Lucky you! heh ;-) AW> AL> Are you Wiccan? Have you ever heard of "drawing down the > AL> Moon"? (Not the > AL> book by Margot Adler; the ritual itself.) That's how I > AL> became acquainted > AL> with voluntarily surrendering control to Someone other than > AL> my outward > AL> personality. AW>I have heard of the book, but not the activity... Hmmm... It is a process by which the Priestess (and, in my tradition, the Priest may do it also) allows the Goddess (or God) to speak through her. In its most powerful form, it is "voluntary possession", vaguely similar to the possession trance of Santeria and Voudoun. It is almost literally indescribable; the effect is too overwhelming to explain in mere words. I tend to giggle a lot afterwards. AW> AL> Wolf is always good for warriors... AW>Warrior? Me? hahahaha!!!!!! ;-) Sure, I swordfight alot, but I'm definately >NOT a sterio-typical warrior, am I? heh! I wouldn't know; I don't know you personally. But you and Wolf have chosen each other, so there must be *some* "warrior soul" in you. AW> AL> I used to be a hippie...but "possession trance" is legal, > AL> cheap, > AL> relatively harmless (as long as you observe basic > AL> safeguards!), and a > AL> lot better for you than drugs. And the "high" can > AL> definitely be > AL> "higher". AW>I agree with this mentality, And bonding with Wolf is at least more potent >than a niccotine high! heh! (I hope so!) (Nicotine is one drug I *haven't* used...) Trancework in general is MUCH better for you than drugs. Granted, one can abuse even trance...but at least it doesn't cost anything and doesn't screw around with your body (beyond stuff like needing protein foods after a really intense session...) AW> AL> Alas, in this society, you'd simply be labeled "psychotic", > AL> and probably > AL> dosed with heavy-duty drugs until Wolf could no longer > AL> reach you. AW>Uh-oh! hahahah!! I tried it for a whole day, walking around as Wolf... >hahahahaha!!! Nobody could figure me out, and Wolf was actually pretending >be me... heh... Maybe he's been hanging around with Coyote? What do you mean, "nobody could figure you out"? Nobody noticed anything different? Or everybody noticed that something weird was going on, but nobody could tell *what*? And, yes, Wolf has been known to hang out with Coyote sometimes... unless Wolf is mad at Coyote for stealing part of his latest kill... > AL> resigned. If I need > AL> arithmetic done, I use a calculator; if I need math done, I > AL> ask my > AL> husband. AW>Just remember that all numbers equal zero, and you'll be OK... Only when it comes to my bank balance...;-) AW>Oh yes, I remember you suggested getting my teeth altered to look more cani >Well, I traded a valuable trading card for a set of movie quality 'werewolf >teeth. They look sooooo real! I like to either make faces in the mirror and >snarl, or smile as I pass people on the sidewalk with these! I freaked out >this one lady... her jaw dropped strait down! hahahahahahah!!! You had to b >there, I guess... Yup. Wolf's been hanging out with Coyote! :-) SLMR 2.0 An insane learner learns strange lessons... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: Mundane To: Urhla 24 May 94 10:57:02 Subject: Kitchen Witch UpdReq UR>Those tapes you mentioned sound interesting. Do people come to you with nee >and you create the tape? This sounds almost shamanic. I did sound work at >university but was pooh poohed for my "Concerto for Bicycle pump" Which >sounded like whale calls. All the tapes I've done have been my own inspiration. I start with an idea; maybe it's something as simple as, "I want to do a ritual in honor of Aphrodite", or maybe I have one or two pieces of music that I want to build a sound collage around. I let it "cook" in my brain for a while, until I get a fairly clear idea of what other sound I want to use, and how to put it all together. It's only marginally shamanic. I rather blush to admit this, but the basic idea goes back to when I was a hippie. A bunch of us would get together at this one guy's place once a week, and we'd all smoke a lot of dope and listen to music and stuff. I started putting together music tapes that would create an impact, "just to take their heads for a walk". Later, when I got into the Craft and learned about pathworking and trance, it wasn't hard to use the same basic techniques without the drugs. >I also enjoy making amulets. I like the collage aspects of it. Im a magpie >like to keep things in hope of using them later. Ive filled so many closets I have boxes and drawers and shopping bags with *stuff* in them, that I'm going to make SOMETHING out of, SOMEDAY. ;-) UR>I have one rabbit and two LOUD budgies. BTW is your rabbit trained? Ive tri >to train Saul and have only a partial success. He pees in the litter box bu >poops to his hearts content. A pet store owner says that that is not unusua >At least its not reversed. Hes a wonderful pet but still shy of us. Weve on >had him for two months. Hes the spitting image of Hazel from Watership Down Our rabbits live in spacious cages in the "family room". I don't think it would be a good idea to let them roam free, because of the cat. I've heard that cats and rabbits can get along just fine, but the older rabbit (a cranky old b!tch, like me) might beat up the cat, who would then take it out on the smaller, clueless bunny. Two months is not enough for a rabbit to lose his skittishness. They are basically shy and nervous animals to begin with. Talk to him in a soft, soothing voice, and don't move abruptly or suddenly around him. Try to handle him a little, touching him gently (stroking him or grooming him) while talking in that soft way. All you have to say is stuff like, "good bunny, you're a wonderful rabbit and I love you..."; tone of voice counts more than content! UR>You seem to juggle a busy life, how do you get the energy? Im really >interested in your answer here, because my life is getting busier and busie >and i dont see it letting up. AAEEYY! Mostly I don't. I'm constantly exhausted. I average maybe 4 hours sleep a night, and one real meal a day if I'm lucky. I take lots of vitamins, though. I sometimes get a chance to catch up on a little sleep on weekends, but it's never quite enough. I drink huge quantities of very strong iced tea (no lemon, no sugar, no nothing) for caffeine. And my son is pestering me to get a "real" job...! SLMR 2.0 AD NAUSEAM: Commercial that makes you want to puke. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718