From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Lynna Landstreet 9 Mar 94 13:50:54 Subject: The Week in Death: Jan 1 UpdReq On Feb 07 02:07 94, Lynna Landstreet of 93:9630/0 wrote: LL> No, it doesn't. The Point is an extended children's story LL> about a little boy born with a round head in a country full LL> of pointy-headed people. It's partly narrative and partly LL> songs, and played a major role in my childhood musical LL> development. LL> (Look Mr. Moderator, I took my response to the right echo!) Thank you. ttyl, Farrell Moderator, Magicknet/Mundane/Metaphysical 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Nightstar Area: Mundane To: Drui 6 Mar 94 00:45:16 Subject: Re:towers UpdReq Generally I'm not considerred an elitist. I'm usually considerred a less educated intellectual. However, most of my friends are considerred either less or more educated intellectuals. It comes with being an information sponge (or more likely as a result of it). Plato - No. Socrates - A beginning, but little else. Jung - yes. Freud - You said it best. (although his cookbook is fun) Castaneda - Have books 2 and 3. Is there a question about it being true despite not being fact? Lao Tsu - Very much like, good foundation for further construction Sun Tzu - Knowledge is Power! B.F.Skinner - It was so long ago, I can't remember what I read anymore, just that I read something. Bhudda - only tea? Try lunch and supper. Edward Hall - haven't gotten a round tuit Timothy Leary - library discard. Should have discarded it myself. Other material: DeBono Thinking Lessons (Only for review if you've already learned to think). Richard Bach's Illusions B.Fuller's Synergetics You're the fifth person to recomment Hall to me. I think I'd better track down that tuit pretty darn quick. When I start my course next year, he'll be mandatory reading. Nightstar 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: GardenStone Area: Mundane To: Drui 2 Mar 94 17:04:06 Subject: request for aid UpdReq Hello Drui...Merry Meet. D> 1) why do the people think HE (and his friend wizards up D> in the tower) are "bigots" because they want to talk about D> such things, and the people don't consider themselves D> equally so for scorning such topics? In general people does have opinions about other people. There is nothing wrong with that. It might be pity that often the most extreme opinions come from people who know very little, almost nothing about the subject of that opinion. If a wizard lives in a tower, people outside can't get enough knowledge about those wizards to get a better based opinion. I suppose those wizards are humans. :-) And humans do have many facets. And if the wizard shows other facets to 'people', opinions might get more 'balanced'. Maybe some still say: 'He's a bit a bigot on Magick, but all in all he's a good friend. D> 2) should he climb back up the tower and he and his friends D> just go on as they were before he tried coming down? Well, if he don't care for 'people', if he don't need 'people', he might get back into the tower. But getting back means neglecting many human facets of his personality. In fact, I did not met someone who isn't a bit a bigot om some item. I myself am a solitary Wiccan and I don't want to be involved in some coven. But I love to talk with others about my religion. As Paul Seymour wrote: "Wicca is my religion, Witchcraft is my lifestyle": that does not include he should be a heremit. And that should fit you too. Blessed Be, GardenbStone. P.S. After reading, I felt not really succeeded in answering your questions. As Dutch is my dayly language, I could answer much more subtle in Dutch, but knowing you're a wizard, you should be able to read the rest in between. P.P.S. As this echo is ment for articles and similar things and should mostly be 'read-only', we'd better move this topic to other echo's as f.i. New Age, Magicknet or Pagan_chat. I won't get 'hurt' by the moderator. :-) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Nightstar 9 Mar 94 13:57:08 Subject: Re:towers UpdReq On Mar 06 00:45 94, Nightstar of 93:9631/7 wrote: N> Generally I'm not considerred an elitist. I'm usually N> considerred a less educated intellectual. However, most of N> my friends are considerred either less or more educated N> intellectuals. It comes with being an information sponge (or N> more likely as a result of it). N> Plato - No. N> Socrates - A beginning, but little else. N> Jung - yes. N> Freud - You said it best. (although his cookbook N> is fun) Castaneda - Have books 2 and 3. Is there a N> question about it being true despite N> not being fact? Lao Tsu - Very much like, good N> foundation for further construction N> Sun Tzu - Knowledge is Power! N> B.F.Skinner - It was so long ago, I can't remember N> what I read anymore, just that N> I read something. N> Bhudda - only tea? Try lunch and supper. N> Edward Hall - haven't gotten a round tuit N> Timothy Leary - library discard. Should have discarded it N> myself. N> Other material: N> DeBono Thinking Lessons (Only for review if you've N> already learned to think). N> Richard Bach's Illusions N> B.Fuller's Synergetics N> You're the fifth person to recomment Hall to me. I think N> I'd better track down that tuit pretty darn quick. When I N> start my course next year, he'll be mandatory reading. N> Nightstar N> -!- msgedsq 2.0.4 N> ! Origin: Sourcery! A cyber-magick point of view (93:9631/7) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Greetings: The above message was found in the METAPHYSICAL echo. The Metaphysical Echo is for *Magazine Style Posts ONLY*. If you want to respond to an article posted in METAPHYSICAL, please do so in either Magicknet (for Magickal oriented subjects) or Mundane, whichever is appropriate. Failure to do so after repeated warnings can eventually result in your being barred from these echos. If you have any problems with this, then respond in the Mundane echo. Thank you for you compliance, Farrell McGovern /Magicknet Moderator Magicknet Trio - Mundane \Metaphysical I am also reachable on Usenet/Internet at: farrellj@pinetree.org farrellj@rubicon.org 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: GardenStone 9 Mar 94 13:57:34 Subject: request for aid UpdReq On Mar 02 17:04 94, GardenStone of 93:9200/1 wrote: G> Hello Drui...Merry Meet. D>> 1) why do the people think HE (and his friend wizards D>> up in the tower) are "bigots" because they want to talk D>> about such things, and the people don't consider themselves D>> equally so for scorning such topics? G> In general people does have opinions about other people. G> There is nothing wrong with that. It might be pity that often G> the most extreme opinions come from people who know very G> little, almost nothing about the subject of that opinion. G> If a wizard lives in a tower, people outside can't get G> enough knowledge about those wizards to get a better based G> opinion. I suppose those wizards are humans. :-) And humans G> do have many facets. And if the wizard shows other facets to G> 'people', opinions might get more 'balanced'. Maybe some G> still say: 'He's a bit a bigot on Magick, but all in all G> he's a good friend. D>> 2) should he climb back up the tower and he and his D>> friends just go on as they were before he tried coming D>> down? G> Well, if he don't care for 'people', if he don't need G> 'people', he might get back into the tower. But getting back G> means neglecting many human facets of his personality. G> In fact, I did not met someone who isn't a bit a bigot om G> some item. I myself am a solitary Wiccan and I don't want to G> be involved in some coven. But I love to talk with others G> about my religion. As Paul Seymour wrote: "Wicca is my G> religion, Witchcraft is my lifestyle": that does not include G> he should be a heremit. And that should fit you too. G> Blessed Be, G> GardenbStone. G> P.S. After reading, I felt not really succeeded in answering G> your questions. As Dutch is my dayly language, I could answer G> much more subtle in Dutch, but knowing you're a wizard, G> you should be able to read the rest in between. G> P.P.S. As this echo is ment for articles and similar things G> and should mostly be 'read-only', we'd better move this G> topic to other echo's as f.i. New Age, Magicknet or G> Pagan_chat. I won't get 'hurt' by the moderator. :-) G> G> -!- GEcho 1.02+ G> ! Origin: Occult Mail- & File Centre: Boudicca's Bard G> (93:9200/1) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Greetings: The above message was found in the METAPHYSICAL echo. The Metaphysical Echo is for *Magazine Style Posts ONLY*. If you want to respond to an article posted in METAPHYSICAL, please do so in either Magicknet (for Magickal oriented subjects) or Mundane, whichever is appropriate. Failure to do so after repeated warnings can eventually result in your being barred from these echos. If you have any problems with this, then respond in the Mundane echo. Thank you for you compliance, Farrell McGovern /Magicknet Moderator Magicknet Trio - Mundane \Metaphysical I am also reachable on Usenet/Internet at: farrellj@pinetree.org farrellj@rubicon.org 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Merlin Ambrosius Area: Mundane To: Farrell McGovern 10 Mar 94 03:10:04 Subject: The Week in Death: Jan 1 UpdReq On 03-09-94 Farrell McGovern wrote to Lynna Landstreet... FM> LL> No, it doesn't. The Point is an extended children's story FM> LL> about a little boy born with a round head in a country full FM> LL> of pointy-headed people. It's partly narrative and partly FM> LL> songs, and played a major role in my childhood musical FM> LL> development. FM> LL> (Look Mr. Moderator, I took my response to the right echo!) FM> FM> Thank you. FM> FM> ttyl, FM> Farrell FM> Moderator, Magicknet/Mundane/Metaphysical helloooooo what was the title of this song??? Cheers! MEA. ___ * OFFLINE 1.54 * Written under the influence of tooooooooo much coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(!) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Merry Area: Mundane To: Drui 8 Mar 94 02:17:00 Subject: A part of All UpdReq Once upon a time line, intersecting several, a strange little old woman sat before her blue-framed window and contemplated the learned conversations which flowed in shifting patterns before her befuddled eyes. Perversity (perhaps a sprite pronoun-ed for it's silliness) caused her to read everything she saw through this window. This appeared amidst Albertus Magnus' postings: Dr> 1) why do the people think HE (and his friend wizards up in the Dr> tower) are "bigots" because they want to talk about such things, and Dr> the people don't consider themselves equally so for scorning such Dr> topics? Reference definition: 'people' add 1 grain of salt. Stir gentley, simmer 3009 years. (Arbitrary number) Dr> 2) should he climb back up the tower and he and his friends Dr> just go on as they were before he tried coming down? Naw... And the strange woman went on to peer through another window, silent, again. ... You don't see me. I'm not here. (Sebel to firelizard) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: Mundane To: Merry 10 Mar 94 10:31:38 Subject: A part of All UpdReq On Mar 08 02:17 94, Merry of 93:9301/0 wrote: M> Once upon a time line, intersecting several, a strange M> little old woman sat before her blue-framed window and M> contemplated the learned conversations which flowed in M> shifting patterns before her befuddled eyes. Perversity M> (perhaps a sprite pronoun-ed for it's silliness) caused her M> to read everything she saw through this window. M> This appeared amidst Albertus Magnus' postings: Dr>> 1) why do the people think HE (and his friend wizards up Dr>> in the tower) are "bigots" because they want to talk about Dr>> such things, and the people don't consider themselves Dr>> equally so for scorning such topics? M> Reference definition: 'people' add 1 grain of salt. Stir M> gentley, simmer 3009 years. (Arbitrary number) Dr>> 2) should he climb back up the tower and he and his Dr>> friends just go on as they were before he tried coming Dr>> down? M> Naw... M> And the strange woman went on to peer through another M> window, silent, again. M> ... You don't see me. I'm not here. (Sebel to firelizard) M> -!- Blue Wave/SBBS v2.12 [NR] M> ! Origin: The Castle of the Winds (93:9301/0.0) ----------------------------------------------------------------- Greetings: The above message was found in the METAPHYSICAL echo. The Metaphysical Echo is for *Magazine Style Posts ONLY*. If you want to respond to an article posted in METAPHYSICAL, please do so in either Magicknet (for Magickal oriented subjects) or Mundane, whichever is appropriate. Failure to do so after repeated warnings can eventually result in your being barred from these echos. If you have any problems with this, then respond in the Mundane echo. Thank you for you compliance, Farrell McGovern /Magicknet Moderator Magicknet Trio - Mundane \Metaphysical I am also reachable on Usenet/Internet at: farrellj@pinetree.org farrellj@rubicon.org 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lynna Landstreet Area: Mundane To: Drui 7 Mar 94 03:07:22 Subject: Proposed New Conference UpdReq I find your idea for a Pagan Ontology conference interesting, but it would be nice if you could distribute it on a bigger network than SWOP, since I'm sure there are people beyond southern Ontario who would enjoy it. Ask David Partrick, the Homestead sysop, about getting it onto PODS. Don't worry about the weenies -- the title alone will probably scare them off. By the way, as a former anthropology major and future (acdemigods willing) Master's candidate in environmental studies, I was intrigued by your comment about the effect of ecosystem on the development of cosmology. One of the few books I came across in my undergrad days that dealt with this to any great extent was Peggy Sanday's Female Power and Male Dominance: On the Origins of Sexual Inequality (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1981. Ch. 3: The environmental context of metaphors for sexual identities). Definitely worth checking out; she's one of the few anthropologists who seem to genuinely respect religion and its ability to affect secular power roles. Care to discuss the subject further? Until such time as you get your proposed echo off the ground, I think the most appropriate place would be Pagan Religious Studies, and I'll be cross-posting this message there. BTW: I disagree rather strongly with your comments on quoting, though I'm certainly willing to respect your feelings on the matter by not quoting you. In the first place, I personally, am quite willing to admit that I am absent-minded as all hell, and can't always remember exactly what I wrote. In the second, when people don't quote, there is much more room for misinterpretation. I've had more than a few messages without quotes that seemed to be attributing to me opinions that I do not hold and am reasonably sure I did not express. If they had taken the trouble of quoting the contentious lines, I could have at least seen what part of my post they were misinterpreting, which might have aided me in clarifying my intentions. And in the third place, quoting makes it easier for a new person to join an existing conversation. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Of course, I'll respect your wish not to be quoted; I just wanted to let you know that not all of us feel the same way. ___ * Freddie 1.2 * I must confess that I know nothing whatsoever about true underlying reality, never having met any. (Edward Abbey) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: Mundane To: Richard W. Handel 11 Mar 94 01:58:22 Subject: The Missing Post! UpdReq 93 richard, KB> BTW, i just found out from phil, (the sysop here at KB> mysteria) that david had asked that the TOGD sub be KB> removed from novanet distribution. i was wondering KB> who is carrying it, if not novanet? is it a PODS KB> echo? RWH> Yup, it's a PODS echo. did it used to be novanet? cuz i was under the impression that it had always been PODS. (actually, i guess my real point is more that i was bummed out that the file section was removed from mysteria.) 93, --kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: Mundane To: Richard W. Handel 11 Mar 94 02:00:12 Subject: The Missing Post! UpdReq 93 richard! KB> hmmm..i *have* seen this post before. i thought KB> that i had replied to it. is it actually a missing KB> reply, rather than a missing post? let me know. RWH> I think it must be a missing reply. Unless I didn't RWH> get the reply? I don't see anything up here. BTW, I damn, now where did i put that reply? i will scroll back tonight and see if it is still on here. RWH> have a school update for you. My current status is: RWH> 5 rejections RWH> 1 completed interview RWH> 3 more interviews scheduled RWH> I'm pretty happy with the ratio so far. Especially since these programs RWH> are so damn hard to get into. I got one rejection yes, psych grad school is really competetive. RWH> from West VIrginia that said they had 384 applicants for 10 slots. I RWH> didn't feel too bad after seeing that! I'm starting RWH> to think that this whole thiong is somewhat of a joke. RWH> For example, I had a 3.86 GPA in psychology, a 1300 well, they take alot of things into consideration. they do get alot fo applicants with high GPA's (overall GPA counts too, not just psych.), and GRE's. in fact, sometimes they will take an applicant with lower GPA's or lower GRE's over one with higher. what kind of stuff are you writing on your essays? RWH> on the GRE general test, and a 690 (94th percentile) RWH> ont he psychology GRE. I also worked on two research RWH> grants. I assume (since I got rejected form some RWH> schools) that other people had better qualifications. not necessarily better, just different, perhaps. the research grants alone would definitely tend to tip the odds in your favor. grad schools like that! the other biggy in your favor, is your work background and age, (i.e. not fresh out of college, and also coming from a completely different discipline---especially one that is completely away from humanities.) one potential liability, (and yes i am assuming) would be if you are caucasian male. they tend to prefer females and minorities. they also like to see essays relating to wanting to help the underserved populations, blah, blah, blah.... it is good that you are getting as many requests for interviews as you're getting, (it's a good sign.) RWH> I don't understand how they can make rational, RWH> intelligent decisions when there are a bunch of well well, i'm not convinced that they are rational or intelligent, but, i guess they try their best. good luck and do keep me posted! 93, --kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Gaia Ki Area: Mundane To: All 10 Mar 94 08:43:00 Subject: Huna teachings UpdReq Anyone interested in Huna ? At this time I have openings to teach this lifestyle. Huna is not a religion, but it will complement your religion, be it a magical one, as in Wicca, or Christian. If interested drop a line, and I'll get back to you. Love in the Light Gaia Ki 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Mundane To: Christeos Pir 9 Mar 94 11:33:04 Subject: Re: DRESS CODES UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > I know, but I didn't want to keep on being part of the problem. > (Especially as much of a PITA as I get over the Sex_Magick echo.) Paul tells me they're actually talking magick there now? There's a Crowley sex magick thread going on? We don't carry it here anymore, basically because during the time M.M. had it, *nobody* was talking about anything even remotely magical, and the Sysop wanted to clear up space for Hriliu. :> I could check it out from another board I guess, but last time I did that there were messages like "Hi, my name is Buddy, I'm a SWM, 6', and interested in hot chat with magick ladies..." Owell, nobody talks about sex on Tantra. ;> > It's worth a try, I reckon. It'd help if you had more support, if it > was more than just her (with the weight of The Rules behind her) vs > you. The reasonable approach has already been attempted; I struck out. The V-P (principal couldn't see me, questions of policy are to be directed to the Vip & alla dat) suggested I "bring up my concern" at the next PTSA meeting, but assured me that the dress code policy had already been ratified and solidified, and that the rules are in place for good reason--same reason as the gangarb rules, "for the safety of the students, and to prevent fighting." When I asked about the ramifications of religious discrimination, he said that it was *occult* symbolism, not *religious* symbolism, that was prohibited. We went back and forth for a while, end result was that the dude just wasn't seeing how "occult" stuff could be "religious" in nature. I got a lecture about the dangers of cults to adolescents! I'm a little torn at this point--I *do* think the policy is discriminatory (and pretty damned arbitrary to boot, since no clear delineation of what *is* or *isn't* "occult" symbolism); OTOH, it looks like my only recourse at this point is to scream and wave my arms and stomp my feet, and while I don't mind making a spectacle of myself, I do have to consider the Kid. She spends a large part of her day at school, and she's already been having a fairly rough time of it...most sixth graders aren't open to being educated about the reality of things, they'd rather go for the throat, especially with the weight of implied approval of the Scholastic Powers That Be behind them. Course, Tam isn't one to back down so we'll see what we can do. ;> > Grrr... that's the sh*t that really steams me. C'mon everyone, let's > all blame the victim! That's the kind of implied approval I mean. The irony is that the enforcement of the rule is what's caused strife between students, not the damned earrings themselves, which kinda defeats the stated purpose of said rule. Overall, I'm glad we made the move to Suburbia, but the pettiness and fear of anything not fitting a narrow def' of mainstream *really* makes me back up sometimes. Hehehe...I guess moving from Southeast DC to Southeast San Diego, I've led a somewhat sheltered life! ;> > I was thinking about all the things there are in this society, and our > present-day world, about which one could, and often should, get on a > crusade: from crime to repression to rape to sexual mutilation to > abortion rights to the homeless to individual freedoms in general to... > > There's no way that any one person could take an active role in all of > them... or, perhaps, only one: to put one's life into working to > establish the Law of Thelema. Thus, the answer -if it be one's Will- is > to throw oneself into the work of the OTO. That's partly what I had in mind when considering how much time and energy I wanted to spend on this particular little fight. I decided that the larger issue of religious discrimination was important enough to do a little kicking, but the circumstances themselves...y'know, "So my daughter was embarrassed and treated unfairly and had her earrings confiscated; there are plenty of kids her age getting shot in drive-by's, being sexually abused, going hungry, etc." (Of course, since it's MY kid in question, everything becomes important, I'm sure you know how that goes... .) You have a good point, but I wonder about the practical implications of working to establish the Law of Thelema, and am thinking maybe it's the other way around: we do our part of the Great Work by focusing on some way--any way--to promote individual and societal liberty, and thus forward the foundation of a Thelemic society. I'm more than a bit rabid on the subject of child abuse myself; largely for personal reasons, but --I guess "for Thelemic reasons" as well would be one way to say it. I *think* that being an activist in this particular area is part of my Will. I think being an activist about the environment, women's rights, gay rights, etc. etc. etc. could all be very important, individual True Will issues, and viable ways of performing the Great Work. And ultimately, probably more effective than nailing copies of Liber Oz to church doors! ;> > Remember that church trip Tami went through briefly last year? > (Rhetorical question.) Ours went to a Mass this morning, and wants to > go with her friend to check out her Sunday School. She's hesitant about > all this, especially around me, knowing how I feel -and having heard > plenty of rants- about Xianity in general, and Fundies in particular. > But she's also been assured by us that it's our wish that she check out > as many different viewpoints as possible and make up her own mind. An EGC Mass or an RC Mass? That's pretty much what I did with Tam, and the infatuation with the Dreaded Church of Christ passed with a little experience. Letting them check things out for themselves as far as religion goes isn't *just* Thelemic, it's downright sensible. ;> If I'd screamed and hollered, she'd probably be hiding copies of the Bible under her mattress or something, instead she asked questions, wasn't satisfied with the answers, and left that particular slice of life behind. She's also investigated Judaism and visited a Catholic church several times, gone to the Won Buddhist Temple for meditative services, been in Temple with me...damn, our kids are lucky! This is getting REALLY long, so I won't quote the ABATE stuff, other than to give a heavy sigh and mutter "Politics!" under my breath while shaking my head. Same thing everywhere, sheesh! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kalzen Entrop Area: Mundane To: Frater Almost 11 Mar 94 15:42:00 Subject: HI! Rec'd UpdReq FA> Huh-huh-huh! Enochian is cool! Huh-huh-huh! Ever read _The FA> Enochian World of Aleister Crowley: Enochian Sex Magick_? It FA> really cool. I'm currently trying to find someone in my little FA> hick-town here to help me with some of the experiments in the FA> book. I wish I had acces to that sort of book. I'm from the midwest where there was recently a book burning with only 3 books. They didn't want to burn duplicate copies. :) I know naught about Enochian? I simply have a desire to learn. FA> coming to?!) At any rate, write back asap. Much to discuss I'm FA> sure. Good luck with your endeavors. :) I have no idea what this world is coming to. ... Sometime you have to stop and eat the flowers. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lazarus Long Area: Mundane To: All 11 Mar 94 14:56:00 Subject: 93 UpdReq Hello All! Does 93 have some special significance, or is it just a random number? Lazarus 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Arnold Area: Mundane To: Lazarus Long 11 Mar 94 16:42:04 Subject: 93 UpdReq > Hello All! hello Lazarus, > Does 93 have some special significance, or is it just a random > number? sounds just like a question i asked a while back. :) it's shorthand (ala smileys and ROFL type acronyms) for the two Thelemic mottos: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law", and "Love is the law, love under Will". according to Farrell, the first choice for the PODS zone was 23, which is of special (cabalist) significance to Eris, the Goddess of Chaos and Humor. oh, and to answer your question: yes it's randomly significant. :) david 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Mundane To: Balanone 11 Mar 94 12:15:18 Subject: Re: AMER UpdReq > Address: AMER > P.O.Box 16551 > Clayton, MO 63105 > > Phone/voice mail: (314) 994-1026 Thanks very much for the information! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Spider Area: Mundane To: Rose Dawn 11 Mar 94 15:13:20 Subject: School rules UpdReq RD> got a lecture about the dangers of cults to adolescents! I'm a little RD> torn at this point--I *do* think the policy is discriminatory (and RD> pretty damned arbitrary to boot, since no clear delineation of what RD> *is* or *isn't* "occult" symbolism); OTOH, it looks like my only RD> recourse at this point is to scream and wave my arms and stomp my RD> feet, and while I don't mind making a spectacle of myself, I do have RD> to consider the Kid. She spends a large part of her day at school, Last night, I heard about a scary new rule at my home town school district. They have forbidden "gang activity". AFAIK, there IS no gang activity here (my friends formed clubs like "The Horny Rhinos", "The Winkie Scouts" and the infamous Croquet Club, whose first meeting was to collect enough green stamps to buy croquet equipment), but they have defined a gang as "two or more people assembled to break laws, plan to break laws, violate school district rules -or- criticize school district rules" (paraphrased, I never actually saw the document). So now anyone who talks to a friend about changing the rules can be deemed a gang member and be punished. Spider 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: ARAIGUMA Area: Mundane To: ALI KATZ 9 Mar 94 18:23:00 Subject: THE DRAG QUEEN UpdReq -=> Quoting Ali Katz to Valkyrie <=- AK> Hi, Valkyrie. I thought you'd get a kick out of this. It's sung to AK> the tune of Kenny Rogers's _The Gambler_, which is *still* overplayed AK> to such a nauseating extent that it begged, pleaded and groveled to be AK> filked. AK> I've referred to the title character as "she" because, last time I AK> looked, that's how drag queens preferred to be thought of. AK> ANYhow ... AK> THE DRAG QUEEN ... AK> You have my express permission to cross-post this anywhere you think AK> it'd be of interest. Maybe Gwenny can even stick it in Filk. I'd do it myself from the Usenet side, but knowing Kay Shapero, the moderator/Topic Cop of alt.music.filk/Fido Filk, it might be a bit too raunchy for her tastes. hmmmm...on the other paw, it's been too quiet around there lately, and she hasn't kabonged me yet... Araiguma ... He ate all the good crayola colors. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Frater Almost Area: Mundane To: Kalzen Entrop 13 Mar 94 11:52:14 Subject: Aha! Sent UpdReq It's probably best that we not know what the world is coming to! We'd find that the mushroom population was dwindeling or something! I couldn't live with out mushroom and pepperroni pizza. It's as simple as that! ;) So you're into Enochian, eh? Do you have access to the ALNet (BeastNet?) Enochian Echo? It's pretty decent. I've experimented with Enochian before and I'd love to start again. My personal favorite working so far has been skrying out into the 30th Aethyr.... Okay, so it's not thatt massiive an undertaking I know but it is rather fun! At any rate, tell me of your Enochian Experiments. I'm no mean expert on the subject (prefering to stay close to ALCHEMY <>) OH WELL TALK TO YOU SOON> :) IAO I U PAX M O XCIII 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 12 Mar 94 04:10:24 Subject: What the. . . ? #3 UpdReq -=> Kayla Block sent a message to Christeos Pir on 08 Mar 94 23:16:46 <=- -=> Re: What the. . . ? #3 <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. KB> i love it! may i steal this from you? this little gem could really KB> come in handy! MYSAH! KB> doncha just hate it when 'real life' interferes with the important KB> things! ;> Or, as i once wrote, "Reality rears its ugly little head!" KB> so, are you going to have to put off your next initiations KB> too? or will you be able to take them closer to home? As far as I know, Paul still hasn't gotten any word on his charter to initiate at Wm. Blake Camp, so I s'pose I'll have to try to get Alma to overcome her intense dislike for NY (the city, not the OTO people there, whom we have yet to meet). I figure that since our dues are up next month anyway, might as well go for Io rather than pay for another year of Minerval. Hell, if it wasn't for the 40-day thingy, we could do it Passover weekend! Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... the blade of the thunderbolt, the blade of the Pylon, 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: Mundane To: Frater Almost 12 Mar 94 03:29:32 Subject: HI! UpdReq -=> Frater Almost sent a message to Kalzen Entrop on 09 Mar 94 20:07:18 <=- -=> Re: HI! <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. FA> Huh-huh-huh! Enochian is cool! Huh-huh-huh! Yes! Yes! Enochian ROOLZ! Heh-heh-heh. FA> It is highly recommended and really cool. I'm currently trying to FA> find someone in my little hick-town here to help me with some of the FA> experiments in the book. You don't fool me -- yer just looking for an excuse to get nekkid, ya prevert! You're applying to Arizona? That'll be a bit of a change of scenery from J'ville, fer sherr! You'll have to cruise up to the Navajo Res. and eat some fry bread and mutton ribs for me! Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... Rise, O my snake! It is now is the hour 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718