From: Valkyrie Area: Mundane To: Gwendydd 21 Feb 94 13:53:00 Subject: Re: Magic...a Card Game!! UpdReq GW> Forgive me for jumping feet first into the midst of your discussion, but GW> from one MTG fan to another, I wanted to say hello and make a few GW> comments. The more the merrier.. GW> They can be reached at 1-800-GAME-CLUB. No, I'm not a sales rep or GW> anything, I just think they have a nice thing set up. Thanks for the information! I gave them a call and left my name and number for them when they return from the convention they were at this weekend. GW> Anyone who would expect the devil to show up by playing a game of Magic GW> has probably never even heard of the game, as their attention is focused GW> elsewhere. Too bad, too; they're missing a good game. And we wouldn't want them buying up the cards either.... GW> I enjoy the strategy of building decks that will survive in a large GW> number of circumstances. Almost all decks that focus will have a few GW> weaknesses, though. I run a red/green deck that has a lot of GW> quick-casting creatures (especially Kird Apes, from Arabian Nights, GW> which do very well when you have forests down) and only a few GW> high-powered monsters. I found that adding just a few white made the GW> deck much more survivable. The red/green one seems to be the best combination for me, especially with the cards that I have right now. The "black" ward and Living Wall are two of my favorite cards, and the white ones definitely help. GW> I also enjoy a white-artifact deck. This deck does very well in many GW> situations. I haven't run into a deck that can defeat it regularly, but GW> I can imagine several that would. My opponents haven't been lucky GW> enough to come up with an effective answer. I don't have many white-artifacts. I'll have to keep looking. The supplies around here are totally depleted. We found a couple in Pike's Place Market, but we're still buying and trading the cards in the family and playing because we're not good enough yet to do much else. GW> The Pocket Player's Guide is due out in March, I think. The first issue GW> of the Duelist is also out, though I haven't seen a copy. Antiquities GW> should be in the stores by March 8, according to the last schedule I GW> saw. I'll have to make it a point to go down to the big book store in Kent and see if they have it. (What's the point of calling if you want to go anyway and any excuse is good enough? ) Wassail, VInternet: valkyrie@eskimo.com SLMR 2.1a You will find runes and ingenious staves.. Havamal 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Tony Iannotti Area: Mundane To: David Arnold 23 Feb 94 17:45:26 Subject: Re: What the. . . ? #3 Sent UpdReq -=> Quoting David Arnold to STRYDER THE_1st <=- DA> i would like to see some good articles in there, that have *something* DA> to do with Paganism. so far in the past two months there have only DA> been a few "mainstream" style postings which are boring the pants off DA> me. where are all the good writers? :( maybe i'll post some of my Once upon a time, I posted small rituals one at a time from Crowley, but that's pretty well available in print these days. Some other authors have been quoted also. Unpublished material would be best, perhaps some people have unpublished Regardie, or Fortune, or (unlikely) Waite or Levi? (I realise these are not strictly "Pagan," but I don't think the echo was originnally limited to that. DA> poetry in there. (daring bold suggestion!) or maybe you could post DA> some good material there. would be nice to get something original I second that emotion. Another idea might be essays on themes suggested here. What would you like to say in 5,000 words or less about Paganism? ... Taglines are irrelevant. You will be assimilated into the Blue Wave. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718