From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Melizande 17 Jan 94 00:34:02 Subject: Tell Me Why.... UpdReq ME->And this isn't meant as a diatribe against you personally either--I've just ME->had it with the "greedy oil companies have caused all our problems" argumen You should hear my cousin's point of view. He's the Chief Chemist at the Texaco refinery in El Dorado, KS. I usually ask him about things before making up my mind, since he at least knows the chemistry. One thing he said once really rang my bell, though, and not in a good way. "The Earth has an amazing capacity to heal itself." He said it so as to justify some of the damage done. I can't get him to see that: a) while it's healing itself, the mess may kill off all kinds of life; b) just because something will heal is not a justification for damaging it. How do you feel about this? -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Care to smuggle up? Uh, whups, sorry, gee...heh heh heh.. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Puck Area: Mundane To: Kat 24 Jan 94 17:52:00 Subject: CONDOLANCES UpdReq I know how that is - that will pass in time, though - you can also tell her that she's there in spirit...or point to her heart and mention that "There's where the best part of her is - our memories and feelings of love for her." (Of course, pointing to the head works better for memories...but then, I'm tying this on a Monday, so if it doesn't make sense, sorry 'bout that!) :) Bright Blessings! Puck 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Farrell Mcgovern 27 Jan 94 00:06:04 Subject: Metaphysical UpdReq FM-> GG> I wish you would tell the people posting in Metaphysical FM-> GG> this. FM-> To post in Meta would be a violation of the rules in of itself! If they FM->are getting Meta, they should be getting Mundane...so they should recieve t FM->msg when they do a new mail scan. When I first logged onto PODS, I just picked up Magicknet. I had no idea that Meta might be connected with it in some way. And I still feel that the whole concept isn't working. But, since I just used the simple expedient of cutting Meta from my downloads, I guess I've voted with my feet. It strikes me as unfortunate, though, if sysops have to carry it as a requirement. If I were a sysop I'd probably exhibit all sorts of rebellion behaviors. -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * ENGAGING MESSAGE BASE SPEW MODE....PLEASE WAIT... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Herb Mitchell Area: Mundane To: Farrell Mcgovern 27 Jan 94 18:40:00 Subject: Metaphysical UpdReq Hello Farrell! Thursday January 27 1994, Julian writes to Farrell Mcgovern: FM-> GG>> I wish you would tell the people posting in Metaphysical FM-> GG>> this. FM->> To post in Meta would be a violation of the rules in of itself! If FM->> they are getting Meta, they should be getting Mundane...so they should FM->> recieve t msg when they do a new mail scan. J> When I first logged onto PODS, I just picked up Magicknet. I had no J> idea that Meta might be connected with it in some way. And I still feel J> that the whole concept isn't working. But, since I just used the simple J> expedient of cutting Meta from my downloads, I guess I've voted with my J> feet. It strikes me as unfortunate, though, if sysops have to carry it J> as a requirement. If I were a sysop I'd probably exhibit all sorts of J> rebellion behaviors. And in case you didn't know it, some do, to the point of keeping only a few messages ont he system when all they really wanted was Meta. (As recently posted by someone in PAGANSYS). Like Grendel, I think that the current method is not working; perhaps a monthly posting of the rules (in Meta as well as the rest of the Mnet triad) would help take care of the problem. Also, perhaps a simple post to the offender to the order of "this is off-topic, see warning posted to you in Mundane" (or wherever). Yes, I realize that would also be off topic, but putting the warnings where someone might not ever look for them certainly is not the solution. For quite a while, I would only d/l Meta, as I had no interest in either Mundane or Magicknet, so had I been posting there, I would never have seen the warnings. If the user has the "check new mail" flag turned off (as I did when I was simply d/ling a BW pack), they would never know there were warnings to them. Just some random thoughts on the subject... Herb 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Herb Mitchell Area: Mundane To: MacFinn 27 Jan 94 18:47:00 Subject: Metaphysical UpdReq Hello MacFinn! Tuesday January 25 1994, MacFinn writes to Farrell McGovern: M> Just for the sake of speculation actually knowing; what exactly is the M> procedure for posting an article to the Metaphy. echo? I know that it is M> READ ONLY, but articles have to come from somewhere. I also know that it is M> for lit. quality work. At least, that is how I have it set up over here is M> as "read only". What say ye? =M= *If* I had anyone wanting to post in it, they could ask me for access to it, I have a flag and user level setup for post ability for it. Herb 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Rose Dawn 30 Jan 94 15:30:00 Subject: Reasonable Christians UpdReq RD-> > I get called 'Julie' all the time. I'm a pretty funny looking RD-> > Julie. RD->I was quoted in an article about the California lid law last year, and the RD->journalist listed my name as "Rae Dawn Chong." LOL! I do have a one-syllab RD->last name, but it doesn't sound anything like Chong...and while I think she RD->very cute, I don't look anything like her. ;> Yeah. I don't know that many redheaded Asians. I do know one, full-blooded Japanese, with a natural black afro. RD-> > Ah, you're my junior. I've just got two nephews and a darling little RD-> > niece. So that means I can call you 'Granny'? ;) RD->Sure...if you want to sit through a lecture about how these kids today don' RD->know how good they have it, grumble grumble, why in MY day we hadda... . There is a Weird Al song about that called 'When I Was YOUR Age'. Ever heard it....Grandma? :) RD->I think weddings are cool in general. They each have their own small charms RD->I've been to a few vanilla-Protestant ones that were borrrrrring, but enjoy RD->the traditional Jewish wedding, Hindu wedding, and the across-the-street RD->neighbors in the second-to-last former place of residence Lao Buddhist RD->service. Paper flowers for everybody!! The church I ended up getting marri RD->in was pretty weird--we had some 16th Century service and vows to memorize, RD->and parts of it were actually kinda interesting. Nevermind "love, honor, RD->obey," I promised to be "bonny and bright in bed and at board" (!!!!) and h RD->said "with my body I thee worship, and all my worldly goods with thee endow RD->Trippy stuff. ;> I've never liked weddings all that much. The main thing I listen for is how the groom gives his marriage vows. I'm of the persuasion that believes that it's weak and gutless to mumble them. I feel it right and proper for him to speak them aloud clear as a bell, so that no one in the back seats can possibly misunderstand what he is saying or what commitment he's making. I've heard too many grooms mumble them, and while this might not be the motive, my gut reaction is that they don't want too many people to hear it, in case they have to back out later. Weak, weak. (I guess I'm kind of a Klingon.) RD-> > It's the FEMINISM echo on Fido, if you want to visit. RD->I would like to, unfortunately we don't get that echo. (Or possibly RD->*fortunately* since that's a major button-pushing subject, not a minor one. RD->Too close to home for me too.) I can read into that. I regret any nerves inadvertently struck. I'm sorry, Rose, and I'll drop the thread here and now. RD-> > I love storytelling and one of my shortest, and nicest, is the story of RD-> > how the Quaking Aspen came to be called such. I think it's from the RD-> > Uncompahgre Utes of SW Colorado, which is a paradigm for loveliness. RD->You mean you're not going to tell the story? C'mon...please? ;> Well, since you ask, and since the medicine woman said I'm a storyteller, I might as well earn my keep. Long ago, the many peoples of the world walked in harmony under Great Spirit, the One, present in every place. The animal peoples, the human peoples, and the grass and tree and stone peoples respected one another and lived together, giving to and receiving from each other. Now, when Great Spirit came among the peoples, it was of great moment. Great Spirit was omnipotent and deserved respect, and normally got it. In deference to the wisdom and power of Great Spirit, all the peoples would tremble and quake at Great Spirit's approach. Great Spirit was the ultimate Elder and all felt the presence. One day, Great Spirit came to a place where the Aspen resided. Aspen was a beautiful and majestic tree that turned many shades of orange in the approach of the Ice Wind, and was well aware of its own loveliness. Aspen trees were connected beneath the Earth Mother. When Great Spirit approached, all the squirrel peoples and granite peoples and bear peoples and human peoples trembled and quaked in fear and respect for Spirit. But this day, Aspen stood fast and failed to quake before Great Spirit. Deeply offended at this display of arrogant pride, Great Spirit spoke in thunder, and as all the peoples quaked, Aspen began to quake as well. When Great Spirit passed by, the other peoples stopped quaking--all but Aspen, who continued to quake as Aspen does today. For its lack of honor for Great Spirit, Aspen must forever quake--and remind all other peoples to honor the Elders and Great Spirit. And that is how Aspen became the Quaking Aspen. -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * To err is human; to moo, bovine. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 5 Feb 94 23:25:00 Subject: Crowleyites UpdReq KB-> J> Our legal system is one of those topic on which I can quickly become KB-> J> pretty inflamed. KB->yeah, it's one that can get me going pretty quickly too. I generally perceive it as designed to reward idiocy and penalize intelligence. (No wonder you and I feel shafted by it.) KB->i tend to like to go for the real trash, sometimes sinking as low as cheesy KB->fiction, (you know, the kind you get at a supermarket). though i probably KB->tend to mostly go for the 'easy to read' but intelligently written stuff, KB->like phillip k. dick, etc. True Confession Time: I read Westerns. KB->i read it back in early 1980, and i can't say that i remember it that well KB->now. i don't recall that i had any favorites though. in fact, i think tha KB->my opinion at the time was that herbert was a bit thin on character KB->development, and better at creating a plot. i seem to recall that i had a KB->hard time keeping track of characters. (i think the other difficulty that KB->had with the book was trying to remember what all of the various jargon/wor KB->meant. i had the same problem with 'clockwork orange' , though i loved tha KB->book so much, that the jargon just made me try harder.) Myself, I found Herbert's character development to be rapid and effective. (The jargon, indeed, was difficult. If you didn't read it line by line, you missed things you needed to know to understand what came about later.) I liked _Clockwork Orange_ really well, but I took two years of Russian in HS so the slang was easy for me. (Learned some new obscenities in Russian that way.) Always a pleasure. -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * And He brake twinkies, and gave unto them to eat... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 5 Feb 94 23:29:00 Subject: _mystical Qabalah_ UpdReq KB-> J> Or perhaps the persons involved are more interested in new knowledge an KB-> J> ideas than in their personal power and ego trips. In any event, as I KB-> J> scale back my PODS involvement a bit with the onset of a new job next KB->congratulations on your new job! i hope it is doing something that you lik I'm a computer jock for a terribly conservative and professional investment firm. If they only knew.....(I doubt they would care, actually, since I'm convinced they would hire Jeffrey Dahmer if he knew how to pick stocks...) KB->that has been mostly my feelings about magicknet. too much noise, not enou KB->signal, or something like that. i used to read the whole thing, and now i KB->only skim it when i think about it. i sometimes think about taking a 'boar KB->vacation' for a few weeks. probably will, one of these days. sometimes i KB->think it's a form of addiction. ;> Yeah, for me lately a demanding schedule has pretty much broken the addiction. But for awhile there I couldn't wait to get my download. KB->wasn't that the echo with the slanderous anti-crowley post that was x-poste KB->to thelema recently? my board doesn't carry that echo. That's the one. I x-posted it; so did Grendel. I thought y'all should know what was being said. KB-> J> in the past, and hoped to do it again more frequently in the future. KB-> J> Sometimes open defiance can be really fun. You know what I was tempted KB-> J> to do? Ever hear of the debate between Abbie Hoffman and Gordon Liddy KB-> J> awhile back, when Hoffman bellowed out a question to G.: "I have a KB-> J> question for you, Liddy: DO YOU EAT PUSSY? ANSWER ME! DO YOU EAT KB-> J> PUSSY?" If I didn't have a personal objection to using slang terms for KB-> J> body parts in this way, I would have said exactly the same thing to thi KB-> J> individual. But not only am I a co-moderator there...but moreover, I KB->ROTFLMAO! the liddy/hoffman story sounds _vaguely_ familiar, but i actuall KB->did laugh out loud while reading your post! I'm glad. I laugh every time I think about it. And to think he could have looked so much more masculine (Liddy, that is) by reflexively answering, "Yeah. Why? Do you?" -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Remember the Bay of Pigs, and keep it holy! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 5 Feb 94 23:42:02 Subject: Operation Rescue UpdReq KB-> J> *Precisely* my objection to the seeming hypocrisy of the term KB-> J> 'pro-life'. 'Pro-choice' suffers from the same problem; how many KB-> J> 'pro-choice' people are for increased government restriction of things KB->ummm...actually, i would say that 'pro-life' by *definition* should, KB->theoretically equate to 'anti death penalty'. whereas, 'pro-choice' groups KB->have never said that they are 'pro-choice' about all governmental issues. KB->don't think that i'm articulating myself too well here, and maybe it's KB->because my argument to the contrary isn't quite up to snuff. but, in KB->essence, i'm saying that i don't think it's a fair comparison. (though,it KB->often does amaze me how much the extreme right and the extreme left can sta KB->to sounds like one another---i.e. censorship, etc.) I guess when I hear the word 'choice' I think of freedom; and I would like to hope that those who fight for women to have the freedom of how to manage their own bodies would fight for freedom in other areas as well. (If they did, they'd have an ally in me. I hate our government like few people hate *anything*.) KB-> J> pro-life are euphemisms to avoid the hard fact that abortion is an issu KB-> J> in which someone, or something, is going to get hurt no matter what. I KB-> J> can't see an easy or totally kind and happy solution to the question. KB->though there are no easy answers, i don't think that i would want to assume KB->that 'someone or something' is, by definition, hurt. i think that the prim KB->'intervention' should be well-practiced birth control. (i hate seeing peop KB->use abortion as a substitute for more 'obvious' methods of birth control.) KB->i am personally anti-abortion, and don't think that i would ever consider i KB->to be an option for myself, except under some very particular sets of KB->circumstances, (i.e. rape, etc.) but, until someone can prove KB->scientifically, when the 'soul' enters a fetus or when 'life begins', i thi KB->that abortion is a personal decision that individuals probably need to figu KB->out for themselves. but, i do think that our schools/government, etc. need KB->to put more emphasis on responsible birth control rather than the 'just say KB->no' crap that doesn't work. Strongly agree that birth control (which ties in wonderfully with safe sex) is the way. I've always scoffed at the hair-splitting arguments that say 'it's not a human until it reaches X size or X age'. It consumes nourishment; it can die. Thus, it's alive. Myself, I just am totally unable to tell anyone how to deal with pregnancy, since it is so far outside my own understanding or experience. (Thank Goddess.) KB->(BTW, since it takes 2 to 'tango', i do think that it is a male issue as mu KB->as a female issue. if you got a woman pregnant, do you really believe that KB->it would be none of your business whether she chose to abort or carry to KB->term? How I felt about it would be immaterial, since it wouldn't be me that had to carry it or abort it. Regardless of what I thought or felt, I feel she would do whatever she felt she had to do. Thus, I'm forced out of the loop. I have no power to decide; I'm stuck with whatever she decides. (It is for this reason that I have always taken the responsibility for birth control upon myself, and you'd be surprised at the resentment this has engendered in some cases.) Because of this, I have taken steps to ensure that I have never fathered a child, which has turned out to be a very wise decision. KB->i can see some politically good reasons for saying that it is a KB->woman's issue. but, the reality of it is that even though it is the woman KB->who carries the fetus, that same fetus is the result of 2 people, male & KB->female.) True, but our laws don't generally offer a father equal say in the destiny of his child anyway in case of a separation between the parents (said law, of course, insists that he help foot the bill, naturally). The law de facto recognizes that women tend to be more attached to their children than men do, overall. My course has been clear: avoid paying child support by avoiding fathering children. KB->whew, rant mode off. (i guess this topic is one where people tend to froth KB->at the mouth. i'm definitely no exception.) True enough. I thought you were pretty calm and reasonable. KB-> J> Sorry...that hit a really responsive chord. I'm gla KB-> J> I'm not the only one that sees the inconsistency. KB->abortion is probably a great topic for a flamewar. };-> luckily, i don't KB->flame easily! ;> Nor do I, especially on abortion, since I don't have a pro- or anti- stand. Get me on the topic of the federal government or IRS or FBI, now, and you can see me really turn purple. (Nasty sight.) -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Do cheann im chris! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: David Arnold 5 Feb 94 23:58:00 Subject: Operation Rescue UpdReq DA-> > Which is *really* not PC to say. DA-> > Sorry...that hit a really responsive chord. I'm glad DA-> > I'm not the only one that sees the inconsistency. DA->i see them too. i got fed up with the inconsistencies in my political days DA->and dismissed the anarchists and liberals, along with the reactionaries and DA->moderates. i was never liked by ANY political side. but i was never much DA->for popularism and opportunism. though i *try* to be PC, i'm more SC: DA->Selfishly Correct. Shoot, at least that's honest. I can deal with almost anyone as long as I know what moves them. It's amazing how people will try to convert one another, though. For example, I don't vote. You would not (or perhaps you might) believe the invective this draws. Yet I've never seriously suggested to anyone else that they should also not vote. I guess they don't like it because it doesn't validate their choice. I mean, hell. Why should I have a right to participate in a system which I wouldn't lift a finger to defend? -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Arrive at the net with the puck and in an ill humor. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Araiguma 12 Jan 94 13:17:04 Subject: Weather :> UpdReq AR-> -=> Quoting Julian to Kat <=- AR-> KA#> All I know is that it's north of Lewiston Idaho. Across the AR-> KA#>switchbacks. (turning green remembering the switchbacks when I was a k AR-> KA#>Before the built the modern one.) AR-> Ju> Waaaaaayyy out in the Palouse. Only went out there if I had to. AR->"The Palouse...." Araiguma whimpers, sitting at the keyboard in her WSU AR->sweatshirt. Went to college there, and still miss it. Lovely country. A Coug in our midst! Will you still talk to me if I'm a Husky? (As a peace offering I present the fact that I always root for the Cougs to bloodily and messily devour fUCLA, USC, Stanford, Quirkley, and even the Arizona schools (though it's hard not to love the Wildcats after they eviscerated Miami on New Year's).) I am not a sufferer of Husky Arrogance Syndrome. And, of course, I root for Wazoo to beat Oregon and Oregon State. AR->Heck, I even find myself missing the Dry Shitties sometimes... Oooooohhhhhhh...now *that's* homesick. Did you grow up out that way? -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Steal from a thief; 'tis easy you'll find... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: All 12 Jan 94 14:09:08 Subject: Metaphysical UpdReq Since I've been getting the whole Magi/Meta/Mund trio I've noticed something. Misposts to Metaphysical, and the corresponding warnings to 'please take it to another echo because Metaphysical is supposed to be for magazine style posts only', outnumber said magazine style posts. I think Metaphysical is a nice idea, but I don't think the concept is working all that well based on the evidence. So what would I suggest? Bag Metaphysical. I'd love to read the magazine style posts, and I do on those rare days I get anything but off-topic chat and moderator/concerned reader warnings in my QWK packet. I think I could do that just as well here or on Magi as I can in Meta. Not dumping on anyone. Just speaking out in the open about a trend and how to deal with it. I'm about to cut the Gordian Knot by taking Meta off my download queue, but I'm open to hearing ideas and points of view before giving up on the idea. -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Strike a blow against pickpocketing. Go nude. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: SuperQWK Area: Mundane To: Julian 12 Jan 94 13:17:04 Subject: Weather :> UpdReq This Message moved to Default message area because of: Message appears to be a duplicate ---------------------------------------------- AR-> -=> Quoting Julian to Kat <=- AR-> KA#> All I know is that it's north of Lewiston Idaho. Across the AR-> KA#>switchbacks. (turning green remembering the switchbacks when I was a k AR-> KA#>Before the built the modern one.) AR-> Ju> Waaaaaayyy out in the Palouse. Only went out there if I had to. AR->"The Palouse...." Araiguma whimpers, sitting at the keyboard in her WSU AR->sweatshirt. Went to college there, and still miss it. Lovely country. A Coug in our midst! Will you still talk to me if I'm a Husky? (As a peace offering I present the fact that I always root for the Cougs to bloodily and messily devour fUCLA, USC, Stanford, Quirkley, and even the Arizona schools (though it's hard not to love the Wildcats after they eviscerated Miami on New Year's).) I am not a sufferer of Husky Arrogance Syndrome. And, of course, I root for Wazoo to beat Oregon and Oregon State. AR->Heck, I even find myself missing the Dry Shitties sometimes... Oooooohhhhhhh...now *that's* homesick. Did you grow up out that way? -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Steal from a thief; 'tis easy you'll find... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: SuperQWK Area: Mundane To: Julian 12 Jan 94 14:09:08 Subject: Metaphysical UpdReq This Message moved to Default message area because of: Message appears to be a duplicate ---------------------------------------------- Since I've been getting the whole Magi/Meta/Mund trio I've noticed something. Misposts to Metaphysical, and the corresponding warnings to 'please take it to another echo because Metaphysical is supposed to be for magazine style posts only', outnumber said magazine style posts. I think Metaphysical is a nice idea, but I don't think the concept is working all that well based on the evidence. So what would I suggest? Bag Metaphysical. I'd love to read the magazine style posts, and I do on those rare days I get anything but off-topic chat and moderator/concerned reader warnings in my QWK packet. I think I could do that just as well here or on Magi as I can in Meta. Not dumping on anyone. Just speaking out in the open about a trend and how to deal with it. I'm about to cut the Gordian Knot by taking Meta off my download queue, but I'm open to hearing ideas and points of view before giving up on the idea. -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Strike a blow against pickpocketing. Go nude. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Balthazar Area: Mundane To: Valkyrie 8 Feb 94 15:33:12 Subject: Re: Magic...a Card Game!!! UpdReq V> That's new enough. Most of the major stores don't have it even V> here in the Seattle area. I started hearing about it about a month ago V> and it took that long to even find a deck, let alone anyone to play V> with. A good reason why they are hard to find is that they are just that. A couple of the local stores here in Gainesville get them in, and it known (first off, people reserved entire boxes), and as soon as it hits campus, they are GONE within one week (there are some stragglers), one store around here at least buys them in quanity enough so that they hang around for a while... V> Well, there are a lot of things I would just as soon spend the cash on, V> but I figure my husband spends ten to fifteen dollars a week on baseball V> and other sports cards and keeps them as an investment, he can spend a V> little on theses. Besides, he was even faster to see the investment V> value and is collecting them rather then playing them...I get the V> "discards." He isn't pagan, but he can play a mean game and is hooked V> by the strategy challenges. I am not pagan either, but I know enough that are, and read a couple of books on it (but I still do not practice Majick (or how ever one chooses to spell it)... one could say I am Aware. Opens your mind a bit to those that think majcik is the thing of the devil eh??? Actually, half the game is Stragity, the other half if luck of the draw (excuse the pun). Specility decks will get you everywhere, assuming the person you are playing doesn't build a deck that will majory slaughter you (playing Black vs. White, Red vs. Green, etc...) V> Oh good, let's hear about it them. Do you know where to get the V> multi-player rules? We're still working with the basic decks and V> building. I don't like the swamp cards because like any magic they V> carry an equal danger for the user, my husband is far more willing to V> take that gamble, mostly by balancing it with wards. (I'm beginning to Hmm..... there is supposed to be a Pocket Players Guide published soon, along with "The Duellist" magizene for the game (you know a game hit big when they make a mag dedicated to the game!).. As for Swamp and Black Magic, they have their benifits; Terror is a good spell (destroys target creature without possiblity of Regen., although it cannot be used on a Black or artifact creature)... Personally, I play either Blue, Green, or White, or combo thereof... If you have Internet access, they have a few dozen dicussions there, mostly talking with out of the WOC guys that uses internet.... This Tagline is Made In The USA. ------- Super Generic Wave v. 1.4 On-Line Mail Reader 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Stella Maris Area: Mundane To: Medusa 14 Feb 94 07:35:00 Subject: Psychotherapy UpdReq Some of my favorite authors are: Larry Dossey, Richard Seltzer, Lewis Thomas, Geneen Roth, William Glasser, and that's all I can come up with off the top of my head at this hour. I wonder what it would be like to have the kind of recall that Milton Erickson allegedly had; they say he could tell you what page and where on the page to find anything that he had ever read. That could be handy at times, but at the rate that *I* read...that could cause a core dump in no time. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718