From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: Mundane To: Dragonrider 29 Jan 94 15:40:18 Subject: Re: AIDS Paranoia & Fascist Prodding UpdReq D> Some medical professionals feel HIV needs a 'co-factor' to become AIDS. D> There is a small body of professionals who feel AIDS is caused by D> environmental stressors. In other words, the human body has been D> overwhelmed by chemicals, stress, pollution, radiation, electromagnetic D> fields, etc. D> I think HIV needs a co-factor before it can progress D> to AIDS. What those D> co-factors are are the environmental stressors that were listed; D> pollution, chemicals, etc. I also feel that genetics D> plays a big part in D> whether or not progression will occur. I also believe that a good D> spiritual life, good nutrition, and a good attitude will help prevent D> progression. Since I have known about this for nearly a dozen years, I have come to the same conclusion that that is indeed how AIDS propogates. D> I have a vested interest in printing the truth of AIDS/HIV. I am HIV D> and I want the truth to be told and not silly little lies. As for D> conspiracy theories, they are possible but they are SIDE ISSUES. Let's D> keep on track and either find a cure/vaccine or find a definite way to D> make it a manageable disease. The problem with the conspiracy theories is that they are the very thing that can turn finding a cure into a side issue for the vicarious thrill of finding out who blame for this disease can be assigned to (CIA, Flouridation, etc.). Earth First!, for instance, considers it a Gaia-send, Her vengeance upon technological man. Go figure. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Styxx Area: Mundane To: Dragonrider 31 Jan 94 22:18:00 Subject: Re: AIDS Paranoia & Fasci UpdReq DR>Back to the original question..... DR>I don't think the general population will go for a concentration camp DR>concept. Some people will go for it, but they fall into a few select DR>groups which are the fundementalists and the poorly educated. When I DR>speak of fundementalists, I mean the ones who are unable or unwilling DR>to think for themselves and will follow the reasoning and logic of the DR>radically restrictive preachers they listen to. You know, I think you'll find that the majority of the population is poorly educated and are unable or unwilling to think for themselves. People are ruled by the media, that is their god. Plus there is a whole generation of apathetic and pissed off kids coming at you. This is my generation...and in it, I expect to see a lot of people die. If this disease gets too out of hand...there will be no other option than to isolate these people from healthy individuals...or we will cease to be. It may not be politically correct, but it is logical. It might be necessary to maintain what human life remains. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julian Area: Mundane To: Kayla Block 30 Jan 94 18:09:00 Subject: Operation Rescue UpdReq KB-> D> PS Why is it that right-wingers are anti-choice and pro-nukes? Does t KB-> D> mean you can't kill them one at a time, but you can KB-> D> vaporize them six million KB->and further....how is it that most of them are 'pro-life' and also in favor KB->of the death penalty? *Precisely* my objection to the seeming hypocrisy of the term 'pro-life'. 'Pro-choice' suffers from the same problem; how many 'pro-choice' people are for increased government restriction of things like guns and basically any freedom that isn't PC? I'm not saying I'm pro- or anti-abortion, because I view it as a women's issue that I cannot possibly relate to intelligently. And people then tell me that by default I'm 'pro-choice'. Sigh and groan. To me, pro-choice and pro-life are euphemisms to avoid the hard fact that abortion is an issue in which someone, or something, is going to get hurt no matter what. I can't see an easy or totally kind and happy solution to the question. Which is *really* not PC to say. Sorry...that hit a really responsive chord. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees the inconsistency. -- Julian (Internet: flint@eskimo.com) * OLX 2.1 TD * Cry "Bother" and let slip the four poohs of Apocalypse! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Arnold Area: Mundane To: Dragonrider 25 Jan 94 19:39:00 Subject: The Strecker Memorandum - Part 5 UpdReq Quoting Dragonrider to Claudanius: > Being HIV+, I felt a need to try to read all of these posts, but found I > couldn't. > Now....can we have some reputable sources that can back up Strecker's > claims? Perhaps I missed them when I glossed through. > I find it odd that people are living longer with HIV/AIDS and not dying > sooner as is being intimated by this report. > People were dying within months of AIDS diagnosies in the late > 80's. Today, people are living years. A friend of mine has had PCP 3X in > 7 yrs. He's still alive and doing well. He's very active. > I've been + for 7 years, no complications. I know people who have been + > for longer than I have. > I KNOW I am going to die. I do not know whether it will be AIDS related. > There are so many other things that could kill me out there that I see > no reason to give AIDS absolute power over my life. good for you! more and more, people diagnosed with AIDS/HIV are taking that attitude, as the medical establishment has consistently failed to come up with any useful help on AIDS/HIV, and as so many non-AIDS are using it as a buzz word with which to bludgeon AIDS "carriers" over the head with. furthering their selfish religious and political agendas several people, among them journalists and medical researchers have come to the conclusion that the reasons why people diagnosed with AIDS or HIV are living longer is 1) people are healthier now, and staying away from certain lifestyle practices that would compromise their immune systems, and 2) people have more the attitude that you just stated, rather than succumbing to the psychologically defeating death scare of an AIDS diagnoses. (the diagnoses are faulty anyway. see my next post.) david 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Arnold Area: Mundane To: Dragonrider 25 Jan 94 19:38:02 Subject: The Strecker Memorandum UpdReq some interesting facts and some proven theories: not one researcher has ever proven that the Human Immuno-deficiency Virus (HIV) causes any disease at all, let alone AIDS. in fact, AIDS is not a virus nor a disease! it is a gathering of symptoms, no more. those "symptoms" are not of any one particular disease, rather they are of several different things, not all of them diseases even. a lowered immune system can be caused by many things, but no medical science anywhere has ever proven that it is caused by one single virus. it's a great theory, designed to make more money for AMA doctors and boost sales of pharmaceutical companies. the one-virus theory began because the cancer researchers in the 70s (led by Robert Gallo) (who failed in their cancer research, btw) were given the go to research AIDS. based on, like cancer, the idea that AIDS is a single virus that is causing a single disease, with dozens of symptoms. but all of them can be explained by OTHER causes. but the theory has been kept up for several reasons, besides that it means more money: it is a convenient explanation, simple to the average american. the AMA/CDC/NIH block has to keep face. in order for researchers to make a living from the research grant money, they MUST swear first that their research will begin with the _allready forgone_ premise that HIV is the sole cause of AIDS. (this isn't good science, since anyone who wants to research other causes is shouted down.) there are other reasons, like Strecker's, which may be partly true, but are harder to pinpoint. who knows. one thing is for sure. AIDS/HIV is NOT what the establishment is telling us it is. an excellent book to read on this is by journalist Tom Rappoport. Rappoport has done very thourough research and states the case very clearly and logically in a book called "AIDS Inc.", published by Human Energy Press in Berkeley, California. david 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Arnold Area: Mundane To: Farrell McGovern 29 Jan 94 22:07:02 Subject: Metaphysical UpdReq Quoting Farrell McGovern to Christeos Pir: > CP> I found the following in META, while your admonition, > CP> below, was in MUNDANE. > That is because METAPHYSICAL IS FOR MAGAZINE STYLE POSTS ONLY, and > "Moderator" messages are not articles...and thus, by default, go into > MUNDANE. some suggestions, Farrell: how are people going to read your admonitions then? people may not read Mundane. i suspect that if you posted a notice *periodically* in Metaphysical as to what it the echo is all about, readers and posters would have a clearer idea. say how about once every two weeks? it's your echo, and its setup is a little unusual for an echo, so why not tell everybody reading the echo what its purpose is. i'd also suggest, making it clear that it is NOT a read-only echo, but rather for magazine style posts, so people know that *anyone* can post. some of those posts were apparently a sysop or two's fault on their bbs or tosser setup and the posters themselves were not responsible (a number were from pagan_chat). your admonitory form letters (which quite numerously filled up my hard disk, unnecessarily in my opinion) did not take this into account. true, some of the posts were designed to make fun of the "read-only" idea of course, and they did warrant a note to them. but i think one notice to All in the echo itself would have better results (as well as save a ton of traffic on Mundane every time somebody posts a non-magazine-style message on Metaphysical). another suggestion: a little solicitation of articles would be nice. get some more traffic in that echo from some good writers. from what i've seen so far, it isn't anything to sneeze about. also, the more magazine style messages that get in there, the less problems you will have with people getting the wrong idea of the echo's purpose. just some suggestions, i'm not telling you what you do with your triad. when i started carrying the trio i wasn't aware of Metaphysical's purpose myself because i didn't see anything informing me. later, david 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718