From: Stealth Area: Mundane To: Phug 8 Aug 93 08:08:00 Subject: Life Philosophy UpdReq Actually, this has relatively little to do with the subject line above, but it's been so long since I wrote, I thought I should remind you of the gist of your last post. Needless to say, perhaps, I have been frightfully busy at work these last few weeks, and haven't had time to read even this package, much less pick up any new ones. I'm sorry - I hope you haven't given up on me! -=> Quoting Phug to Stealth <=- Ph> Since God created everything from himself, Ph> everything should have this energy; this soul. Pretty close to my own philosophy: Everything has a spirit; to more complex the object or place, the more "aware" or "personified" the spirit. (Computers, cars, and helicopters are all pretty lively.) The rest of your philosophy seems well thought out, if not that close mine. I do believe in reincarnation - but not for everyone. In particular, I do not have any sense of having lived before, but Fire has vivid episodes where she speaks languages she does not know (this life) and describes historical details that I have to look up to verify. Your ancestral memory theory accounts for the facts of her experiences, but not, to me, for their immediacy. Ph> I am now of a Ph> mind that a sexual relationship with someone I considered Ph> to be a close and trusted friend would be the ultimate. Ph> Of course, I don't think my husband would agree. There is much to be said for sex (and marriage, too, for that matter) being one facet of friendship, rather than vice versa. Ph> Well, I have yet to attempt a publishing, and I am Ph> no longer showing my art, but I think these two things Ph> are...to quote Crowley, "My True Will". You should write, then illustrate your own work. Of course, if I heard correctly elsewhere that you sometimes write erotica.... Ph> I'll have to look at a map to see how near Ft. Sill Ph> I am. I'll let you know. I'd love to meet you in person. Okay, map geek finally got out his "Central-Western US" and looked. It's 200 miles from Lawton to Tulsa, up I44 through OKC. Call it 4 hours - that's probably a little steep, unless I wind up with a whole day free. Do you have transportation, that we could meet in Oklahoma City some- where? I, too, would like to meet face to face. We'll just have to keep our options open. Be well, and write again soon, Stealth ... Ifyoucanreadthisyouspendtoomuchtimefiguringouttaglines. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Ktamorel Area: Mundane To: The Oobe Folk 9 Aug 93 15:05:00 Subject: Lantis UpdReq Hiyas, Does anyone know if Atlantis is still hanging round these parts?? Seems like he's disappeared in a puff of smoke! Poor ol' lantis.. ;] kTamorel 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Bunz Area: Mundane To: Eulenspygel 8 Aug 93 16:17:04 Subject: Real Gods UpdReq -=> Thus did Eulenspygel to Bunz quip <=- > The gods, I see as being the 'creations' of man - tools > if you will to aid us achieving our full potential, unity > with God. We created them, partly consciously, partly > not, to act as lighthouses, or guides on our road to > Godhead. We created their intellegence, and forms, but > their soul is part of God's soul, and we chose the forms > we created to be symbolically representative of the > aspect of God which they represent. Eu> This fits well into my books, the only thing I'm still Eu> working on is do they really have a soul, but that Eu> depends a bit on what type of gods we are talking about. I think they do. I also think they can develop an individuality and to an extent become self empowered. It's a bit like God creating us. If Gods creations develop these things, why shouldn't ours? Eu> I'm still working on my combilation of god-types for Eu> Gwathorn, should be finnished soon. I look forward to it... > (or a dolphin. Perhaps Flipper is God's boss) > Eu> He wouldn't be a bad god to worship; what I particularly Eu> like , he laughs a lot in high pitch :) If you'd lived with some of the women I have, you probably wouldn't say things like that. :-):-):-) Eu> Yes, this arises the question who is who's servitor? Most Eu> people disagree with me that the gods are our's. That Eu> they can become much more powerful than ourself is a Eu> whole different story. Just imagine the scenarios what Eu> happens if we ignore them or they ignore us! Eu> Who would be worse off????? It depends on your perspective I think. I my view, the gods serve us, as a group. But on an individual level, I'm not so sure. Perhaps we serve them as individuals to enable them the better serve us all. 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few' - Spock Eu> In simple words, gods have more in common with us, Eu> than they have in common with God. > They do, in that they are *for* us. Eu> Thanks, often it helps me to follow a thought like this Eu> further if I know I'm not the only one on the damn planet Eu> who thinks like this :) Eu> For some reason Nisaba's prefix got on my comments, but Eu> anyway... Did you have a closer look into the QBL? this Eu> is one of the many perseption crutches whitch fascinate Eu> me but I have a lot to catch up with to get a clearer Eu> picture. Yes, I was a bit confused as to who was saying what there...... QBL fascinates me also. Unfortunately, I havn't had enough practical experience with it to really get to know it that well. Over the last 10 years I've read a number of books on the subject, done the occasional meditation or pathworking, but in some ways I'd like to study it in a group situation. Which is funny really, cause I'm generally a bit of a solitary. I'm convinced that the best way to gain a clearer picture is to live it - after all, it is a philosophy which represents Macrocosm and Microcosm in one swell foop. I'm not sure I like your term 'perception crutch' alot, but I know what you mean by it. Just sounds a bit derogatory to me I guess. :-) > > Yes. That is why we made the gods, created glyphs such > as the Otz Chiim - The Tree of Life, and drink alchohol. > :-) > Eu> Enlightenment through the bottle happens very frequently, Eu> especially in cases of severe alcohol poisoning, Eu> homecomming of the spirit through the spirit :) > We worship them because they are useful to us. > Eu> Everything which is in us undedected and we find mirrored Eu> in an exteral form is useful to us. This gives Christ's Eu> word "Love Your Enemies" a whole new meaning. Sometimes I Eu> wonder how much it helps our progress if we have a nice long Eu> chat to a good friend, who's wordview is just like ours. I think it helps us some, as you said earlier, to know that we're not alone in our views. Eu> A debate with an enemy of ideologies seems to draw the Eu> plough a lot deeper through our mind, with a lot of stuff Eu> comming up that looks much uglyer than rainworms, but Eu> still benefits from the exposure to the daylight. So true. I have a tendency (which I'm trying to get away from) of going out of my way to avoid conflict. With out too much self analysis, I think of myself in a fairly poor light, so I suppose I try to avoid situations which may cause me to further depreciate my esimation of my own value. I guess this is a not uncommon feeling, though. I have often thought that I would make more progress on my path if I were prepared to argue a point of contention instead of pushing it aside and thinking it out myself later. Eu> BTW do you belief in christ? In the context of the rest of this conversation, I guess I must. If the bible accurately reports his words, then it's a hugh pity that the Xtian church didn't read most of them. Or read them selectively. > As the Earth becomes weaker, as mankind slowly stranlges > her, and ourselves, the 'Dominion over all' religions > such as Xtianity fade, their gods holding less power over > people, and the Gaian, Earth type religions will come to > the fore. > Eu> I wonder whether it's the gods or just the church which Eu> lost power. Even in dicussions with very religious people Eu> I heard the statement that the 'established' church has Eu> not much to do whith gods or spirituality. Yes, but people hate to give away their power, or rather to admit to giving it away. Perhaps the church has more power over their views than they care to admit or realise. For example, a friend of mine is now married to a girl, who claims to have left the church, and Xtianity many years ago. But she could not bring herself to have sex with him before they were married. She wanted to, she just "couldn't". This psycholgical problem, as she called it, was the result of the Dogma of the Catholic Church, which she had many years ago renounced. > will lose that which makes them real and fade. Just as I > believe that when God has achieved Our purpose, mankind > will fade. We will all be One again. Eu> Let's hope not too soon so that we can have a bit of fun Eu> in the meantime :) Too right. Eu> I hope you'll be able to reply quicker than I did :) So did I, but I couldn't.:-( B*B Bun ... "Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!" 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Donald C. Ives Area: Mundane To: Fir 9 Aug 93 13:25:48 Subject: Re: Handle Name Changes UpdReq -=> Quoting Fir to Donald C. Ives <=- Fi> I'm half-seriously thinking about changing my handle myself. Fi> Blessed Be, Fir Greetings Fir. Did I answer this once before? If not your not the only one thinking of doing the same. I was in a dis- cussion about this subject, and thought it time to drop the handle. Well if you do drop yours let me know so I'll know you. Take it easy Fir. :) Don ... MONEY TALKS ... but all mine ever says is GOODBYE! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Eulenspygel Area: Mundane To: Gwathorn 11 Aug 93 11:29:46 Subject: Communication Styles UpdReq Hi Gwathorn! I'm sorry that a realized _after_ my last "Fire & blah.." post that you actually send yours from Mundane rather than from Taglines. Without that error of mine we both could have been saved from a vicious Tagline echo-jester attack, since it looked like my post was the final straw. Well such is life. I know my communication style is far from perfect, but let my tell you where I've got trouble with yours. You seem to _experience_ a reply to you more than you read its mental substance. It shows in a way that you express more your emotional responses, exactly where they occur, and as an outcome of this your reply gets a meter long, is fragmented with smiling & chuckleing one-liners of yours, while the actual thread gets lost or multiplies. But whenever your replies are more than 2 lines, I have no problem whatsoever to catch your trend of thought. This is not ment as a so called constructive critisism, it is purely a hint to tell you where I have trouble with your style, whether others may have the same problems with it is a different story. Secondly I'm not suggesting that you _should_ change your style, because if I'm not able to experience people as they are then it is entirely _my_ problem :( /\Regards ^ _ \ o o/-\ ( u ) @ \o/Eulenspygel ...Yes, but he said that she told him, I said what he says has been said .. by someone else.. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Eulenspygel Area: Mundane To: Gwathorn 11 Aug 93 11:30:54 Subject: Gods UpdReq Hi Gwathorn! this is the rest of my categories of gods, from number 4 onwards are the new types. 1. Personified principles of nature The gods which personify a principle but are an entity at the same time. I gave already the example of Mars & his castrated power within a non-aggressive Buddist monastry. I can add Mercury/Hermes as the messenger of whatever can be seen as media of communication. His existence whould be questionable wherever humans are sharing the same vibrational level of understanding (can't be us :-) so that they can 'talk' telepathically. Fertility goddesses like Demeter will find themself useless within a inner city community where the majority thinks mashed potatoes come from a mysterious powder & apple pies must grow somhow in the backyard of McDonald's. 2. Planetary forces The astrological gods are a subdivision of the 'set' above. They have the privilege of being kept alive by every practising astrologer & their followers. In astrology one point is often totally mis- understood even by the majority of professionals as I found in numerous discussions:-Stars don't predict or determine earthly conditions, they only reflect them!- I strongly belief no planetary influence is stronger than the human will, although when I say 'will' I mean it in a better defined way than the casual desire or even instinct. This category has another advantage, the one of a physical heavenly body. For obvious reasons earthlings find it more appealing to worship something they can see, sun god Ra will allways be around, under whatever name. 3. Evolved humans Incarnated Humans of a very high developmental stage are another category of gods. Jesus & Bhudda are of this kind although the definitions within religions vary, while Jesus is a god or better a part of the Christian god-trinity, within Islam he is just a well respected prophet on the same level like let's say Moses. BTW Jesus is so popular amongst religious splinter groups or belief systems that many of them claim he spend his missing years in their country of origin eg. Mahikari claims it was Japan. While combined channeling entities include Jesus as Lord Sananda as one who has to say a lot about the comming changes. 4. Human creations for a purpose Whenver there were new gods established to kick some of the old ones out, two pictures are very common: 1st the new statesman who wants to leave an impact & looks for a reason to remove the powers from already established groups. Augustus springs to mind, who made Jupiter & Mars his personal gods to get rid of many competitors which followed a multitude of gods with a pagan notion. 2ndly the clergy who invents a new god to make him/herself the chosen one who is able to act as the new prophet. This act of course requires not only a very strong personality but also a good knowledge of mass manipulation. Tribal medicine men as creators would fit into both motivation categories above . In both these cases I leave it up to the imagination of everybody to figure out: Was there the god 1st who influenced a strong leader figure to spread the word. Or was it a pure invention just for serving the purpose for power but the growing followership turned it into something else which manifested more substancially. Or was the human creator actually channelling aspects of the own higher self and turned it into an exteralized god. 5. Aliens Now the beloved & disputed aliens. The bible & countless other sacred scripts discribe accounts where the gods display tech- nologically advanced gear, flashes comming out of silvery objects or riding on 'clouds' or charriots of fire which seem to have radiation effects on the humans exposed to them. Since science & spiritual beliefs hardly ever mix, these alien gods seem to make sense to a the fringe groups of both faculties. When I talk to atheists I stress more the techno- logical aspect, & communicating with 'occultists' I stress more the extra-dimensional rather then the _oh so materialistic_, extra-terrestrial aspect. For one I keep them physical, for the other I keep them vibrational. C.G.Jung must have had a reason to write his last work on the UFO phenomena where he points out that our longing to attach everything to a form, seems to create this archetype 'seen' in any culture at any time. All these categories of gods mentioned above are not separated or exclusive. To stretch the imagination a bit beyond our categorizing limits I give you an example which fits every group and all together as well. Why couldn't Hermes Trismegistos who lived on this planet in human (3) form have manifested from an eternal principal (1) starting of on Sirius(5) and trancented through the formative spirits of the planet Mercury(2) representing all it's planetary qualities as long as he dwelled on earth. To include type (4) as well, he could have influenced a local bully amongst the priest to spread the word before hand just to make the start following his earthly incarnation easier. With Mercurian communication skills it would have been no trouble at all to do that :) I'm still going to post another msg as a reply to yours within the next few days. /\Regards ^ _ \ o o/-\ ( u ) @ \o/Eulenspygel ... Don't teach a pig to sing, do something useful,.. post on PODS 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Alaric Thuryn Area: Mundane To: (crosspost 1) All 10 Aug 93 12:50:30 Subject: Places of interest UpdReq From: alaric@brewich.hou.tx.us (Alaric Thuryn) Newsgroups: mn.taproom, alt.pagan, pod.mundane Subject: Places of interest Greetings All! I will be travelling by car from Houston to Minneapolis at the end of September and would like some information on places to stop, stay, or visit along the way. I've looked at a map & seen lots of parks, etc., but would like to find places that are "Pagan-friendly" or have good energies associated with them. I'm thinking of doing some camping/hiking, and would like to be able to "do my own thing" without worry of intrusion. Any ideas? I'd also like to find a Bed & Breakfast in/near Minneapolis that is Gay owned/friendly. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Fare Well, Alaric -- Alaric Thuryn alaric@brewich.hou.tx.us "... Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: The Hobbit Area: Mundane To: Mage31 10 Aug 93 09:08:10 Subject: Questions.. UpdReq * Reply to msg originally in Tarot -=> Quoting Mage31 to Maximus <=- Ma> I don't even know if this is the right place, but: As it wasn't really I took a chance and moved it to Mundaine. Ma> 1. Where does one just "gab" without offending the purpose of the Ma> areas? If you get this now you know :). Ma> 2. How does one read scrolls BY NUMBER within an area? Depends. Are you reading on line or off line? Your sysop should be able to help. Ma> 3.Can the "read nonstop" be aborted in mid run? Not with the system our board uses. Don't you just hate it when you accidentally hit that? Hm, this seems to imply that you are reading on line. if so there should be some sort of command to "read message" and once given the system should ask for the number. Ma> 4.How can one increase his alotted time? Most systems increase your time if you are active. Kind of an award system for heavy users. Here we have something called "Time Bank" which allows you to deposit unused time and use it another day. Great for when you need to d/l really big packets or files. Ma> That's it. Thanks. 'Bye. **MAGE31 ** See you in Tarot ... I found an immortality spell with a lifetime guaranty! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lisa l. rogers Area: Mundane To: All 11 Aug 93 23:39:56 Subject: Montel Williams UpdReq From: spirit@brewich.hou.tx.us (Lisa l. rogers) Newsgroups: pod.mundane Subject: Montel Williams I would be happy to work with anyone to get better PR for all Pagans everywhere. I have done so in the past; my father is a police officer and I often correct disinformation that is sent to his station. Let me know what's going on. Blessed Be.... Spirit P.S. Someone please E-Mail me and tell me how to E-Mail someone else! This is my first BBS and I'm really lost! AAAAHHHH! ------------------ spirit@brewich.hou.tx.us (Lisa l. rogers) Origin: The Brewers' Witch BBS -- Houston, TX -- +1 713 272 7350 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Endora Area: Mundane To: The Huntress 11 Aug 93 09:54:30 Subject: deitie's names UpdReq > for me...but your messages will still reach me until then. TH> I don't know how this got here, but everything TH> checks out on my board. If we have problems I will Not a problem...I've access to this (Mundane) and Magicnet. *grins* TH> Are you saying that not to many people ask this TH> question or even attempt to have Gods or Goddesses out TH> of different paths? Nah...lots of 'em ask me this...What I mean is that there are a few paths out there that find it offensive that one might have a deity outside their path or tradition. I can only shake my head at this one...a lot of people come to Wicca and Paganism because it is supposedly non-dogmatic and unorganized...yet they ended up in paths and trads that are just that...dogmatic and organized. TH> That is what I am wanting, is something that feels TH> right, but I am not sure as to which God or Goddess TH> fits me. I would hate to find one and find out that I TH> can not have this because of my path that I have chosen. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you leaning to the healing paths...perhaps Shamanism? Its of major importance that you find a deity -you- are comfortable with...I fail to see how anyone can work with a deity they are not comfortable with, no matter what one path may say..."You have to worship so and so" Hog wash! You'll find one or even several. In WW we accept who ever calls to us (feels right) and often only as long as we need that particular deity...the deities are seen as aspects of ourselves in present time or aspects that we are trying to attain. Right now I have Kali (my Dark Goddess), Changing Woman (my often hard headed learning that everything changes and changes equal growth), Pan (my first introduction to the masculine), Persephone (my Dark Maiden) and Kore (my Bright Maiden), Hecate (my Crone), Flora (my Earth connection), and Cerriwden (in Mother aspect). As you can see...none of these really stick to anyone path. But they are what I need in my life at present. TH> I have several friends that have Loki as there God, TH> but (no offense Loki) I just don't feel that he is for Loki is fine by me....but who am I too judge what you need. Non-judgingly...if you are along the NA or Shamanism paths...you might try looking into Father Sky, Mother Earth, Grandfather Sun, Grandmother Moon, Changing Woman, Spider Grandmother Woman, Buffalo Woman (Pasowee), Coyote (Loki like), Wild Pony and possibly Sun Sister. TH> wrong. I haven't heard much about the Goddess though. TH> I am not sure if any of them are as strong as Loki. Goddesses not as strong as Loki? *smothering giggles* You are making that statement to a long time Goddess Worshipper, dear lady! *soft chuckles* The Bright Maiden is young and Amazon like, full of mischief and wise teachings...fallin' on your ass a few times and learning what humility is...now that is a teaching full of power within! Changing Woman does much the same as what Loki offers, as well as Flora and some of the more nymph like Goddesses...the more Maiden like they are the more trickster they are. > Not a problem...I'm a teacher...I live for questions! *soft TH> Yeah I've heard that before. I will know when you TH> have had enough you will stop posting (BWAG). Well, actually, if I suddenly stop posting its mostly because I've not enough time to get back to ya, but I always print out what I can't immediately respond to so I can at a later date reply. *BWG* Blessings...........Dora 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Endora Area: Mundane To: The Huntress 11 Aug 93 10:14:34 Subject: Book UpdReq > you my copy of Wild Witches Don't Get the Blues...It really is a > nice book. Let me know... TH> Hey let me know how much it is. If I can't get TH> Shyra to answer me I will take you up on your offer. I TH> might be able to borrow Shrya's book. She really TH> doesn't live that far from me. Sounds fine here....I'm guessing that book would run at least three bucks from here to there (you) at a book rate. Let me know if ya need it! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Endora Area: Mundane To: The Huntress 11 Aug 93 10:16:28 Subject: deitie's names UpdReq TH> Are you sure you don't mind my questions? I think I am causing you TH> alot more work. Tell Star Darlin that you have enough TH> work to do and that this newbe needs to do the Don't fret over my work load, darlin'! I wouldn't be volunteering for all this if I didn't truly love doing it! I just like to complain a little here and there to relieve some of the stress...*silly grins* TH> research. As for a secretary I can't help you there. TH> If I lived closer I wouldn't mind helping, since one of TH> the things you might be doing is my fault. Hey if you TH> want to send me the stuff of disc, I will type it off *stunned look* Wow! Thanks for the offer, but I really can't see what work I could pass on...(Star has a theory why that is but I'm not about to go into detail on it...its one of my faults. *shrug*). TH> Take care and try not to burn out with all your TH> writing. I meant what I said. I will do what I can to help you. Thanks again....you are not causing any troubles, really. Writing articles takes a lot of time...answering posts usually doesn't and if it does, well then I just print it out to reply to at a later date. *shrug* I am happy to be of help to anyone how ever I can be. *soft smiles* Goddess Blesssssss! Dora 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Bunz Area: Mundane To: Captain Rock 9 Aug 93 10:30:00 Subject: software flavor of 777 UpdReq -=> Thus did Captain Rock to Farrell McGovern quip <=- FM> What is the FREQable filename? CR> You can get it here as 777PRE.ARJ (it's good). How big is it???? I'd love to Freq it, but I'm only running at 2400 right now and I have to keep an eye on my International phone bill..... Bun ... "Don't hang noodles from my ears." --Mikhail Gorbachev 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Issac Forrest Area: Mundane To: Paul Hume 9 Aug 93 14:31:52 Subject: Re: AUSTIN SPARE UpdReq Thanks for the assistance! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Issac Forrest Area: Mundane To: Beelzebubba 9 Aug 93 14:32:30 Subject: Re: AUSTIN SPARE UpdReq Yes, but it seems to be filled mostly of childish chatter....... any other direction? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Fir Area: Mundane To: Mark O. Garrison 12 Aug 93 07:20:00 Subject: Date Discrepancy UpdReq I started reading A True and Faithful Relation last night and noticed that Lon Duquette gives Dee's birthdate as July 12, while Turner's book has July 13. What were the letter translations you were telling Christeos about? I've figured out f means s and k means c. Any others you could tell me about that would help speed my reading and comprehension? Thanks. Blessed Be, Fir 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718