From: Albertus Magnus Area: Metaphysical To: All 27 Apr 94 03:42:38 Subject: moans and groans UpdReq Cosmo is hailing Hillary Clinton as the 'ultimate feminist'. Sure, I suppose they're right... Hillary has demonstrated that she can lie, rob, sneak and cheat right up there with the best of them good ol' boys on Wall Street and elsewhere. I'd want Hillary Clinton to serve as a role model to a daughter of mine about as quickly as I'd want my rock-music loving son to follow in Kurt Cobain's footsteps. I wonder how many weeks it will be before there is a military coup in the 'new' Republic of South Africa? I give it about a year. It will undoubtedly be a combined Zulu/White Supremacist front that does it, too. Scary thought, that. I look at Roseanne Arnold, and then I look at Kim Silva. I then consider Tom Arnold, and it all makes sense. Long gone and forgotten soap-opera characters come back from the dead with more probability than we have of seeing a middle-class tax cut. I'm not sure which is stranger here, the truth or the fiction. An 80 year old man in Oslo stopped an armed robbery in progress when he walloped the 20ish robber across the back of the head with his heavy cane. In Oslo, the guy is a hero. In America, he'd be in the cooler for assault and there'd be a call to arms about a 5 day waiting period on cane purchases. Lancaster CA is the scene of a titilating piece of news. Seems that Popeye's fried-chicken chain runs a series of billboards proclaiming that they serve 'the best breasts in Southern CA without plastic surgery." It also seems that a group called Ladies of Courage got Popeye's to remove all of them because LOC is a breast cancer support group. I hope they complained about all the Virginia Slims billboards, too, and that would have been more fitting. Funny that this is indeed Southern Cal... and with the high density of Latino's in the area, I think it's important to point out that LOC means 'crazy'. We come a long way, hombre. Parting thought: "When you are in trouble, the people who call to sympathize are really just looking for the particulars." - Howe With love, -TR ... To define reality is nothing other than pure hypothesis. - Kant 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718