From: Pagan Federation Area: Metaphysical To: All 17 Jun 92 10:24:04 Subject: "Let you're fingers do the working" :-)UpdReq This was cross posted to CIX in the UK. The views are not my own, but I think they would be ammusing to discuss. ========================== pagans/rituals #7, from live_wire, 2263 chars, Jun 15 16:57 92 -------------------------- HAND MAGIC - copied from alt.magick on usenet +Message-ID : <12610.2a3a2e67@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu> +From : cranmer@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu Hello, I was wondering if anyone experienced in ceremonial magic has anything to say about the use and/or substitution of "magickal weapons" and the like. I would contend (and would be glad to hear opposing views) that such implements are unnecessary. As an example, I can present a set of "hand" correspondences that allows certain hand gestures to replace certain G.'.D.'. ritual implements. One's own hand, while maybe not consecrated in the most rigid definition, is at least usable by *only* the magician in question! I'm sure that there are a lot of "minimalist" magicians out there. (Bran, I recall you mentioned your simplicity of casting a few days ago. And there was the person who mentioned a while back that his/her most effective 'weapon' was his TV remote control!!) But I think it is nice to have a set of elemental "tools" to work with, whether they be actual physical implements or certain gestures. Okay, if you don't want to see the G.'.D.'.-related example, hit 'n' now! ELEMENT LETTER FINGER fire Y little air H ring water V middle earth H index spirit SHIN thumb I think somewhere in the G.'.D.'. material there are finger correspon- dences that are different from these, but these seem better for me. Next, the replacements for the 'tools'. They are still experimental. TOOL GESTURE fire wand little finger extended air dagger ring finger extended water cup middle finger curled (a bit of saliva for water?) earth pentacle index finger & thumb curled together ("OK" sign) - - - magic sword thumb extended lotus wand all fingers extended, thumb placed between ring and middle finger (to spell YEHESHUAH) Oh well, that's about it. On a semi-related note, does anyone know if there are any G.'.D.'. orders (or anything related - Thelemic or other brand of Rosticurian...) in the Northeast part of the US? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718