From: Ellianna Area: Metaphysical To: All 3 Apr 92 10:23:02 Subject: Poem UpdReq This is a submission that I wrote for Green Egg and would welcome any input or comments you care to make... MY LADY Again the burning came She felt the heat, the searing pain a cry lanced through her heart "Why, My Lady, Why?" She lay quietly, remembering lost within the labrynth of her past and future she did not feel the slice of the cruel blade. Bleeding, moaning, she saw the man with black mask on his face and heart she knew his choices and his pain Oh, to cause such pain to accept his own If only she could touch him, heal him. "I love you," she whispered Dark eyes calm yet full of pain "Don't" cried the man "I want you to die" "I love and forgive you" she said tears rolling down her face. Again and again the searing pain as the man applied the red hot blade "Do you still love and forgive me" he screamed? Despite the pain she answered strongly, "I do." she smiled, "Blessed Be" she whispered. A wave of pain sent her among the stars. "My Lady," she cried, "I'm frightened." Strong arms held her close "You have done well, rest now my child". The man stood as the heat of the blade faded the body cooling as he watched. As tears streamed down his face he whispered "Forgive me". ___ X OLX 2.1 TD X You know - I get paid overtime for this! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718