From: Rose Dawn Area: Magical Plants To: Ed Collins 2 Jun 95 08:41:34 Subject: Re: HELLO? UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Really? Oops.. I didn't realize this was just for the > discussion of legal herbs for magickal purposes ONLY.. :( There's a file sub *somewhere* online here that gives a brief blurb about all the echos carried here on Modem Magick, & this one sez "For LEGAL discussion of the use of plants in ritual." Uhm, last I heard Deep Black had been named moderator, but I haven't seen him round 'these parts' for a long time, so that may have changed. He, or the new moderator, if any, would have the ultimate call about what gets discussed, I was just going by the echo-descript I'd read. > I thought this could also be a sub for legal use of > herbs that calm you down, make you see funky colors, etc.. if you > catch my drift. ah well. All of those have magical implications as well, yes? Yes! ;> I mean, meditative states and various altered states of consciousness are all useful/necessary/desireable/sometimes warranted/all the above/some of the above, etc. for folx doing ritual, whether it's C.M. or pagan or satanic or...right? The 'literature' is fulla mentions of cannabis, various hallucinogens , from the mundane to the exotic, stimulants, etc. Useful for all types of practices. Legal & fairly readily obtainable plants within the same general 'families' would be most kewl...I, personally don't see any reason why anyone would have to mention the specific ritual uses, since if one plans to use em in ritual, one should obviously already know the specifics, but might not be familiar with the names, effects, means of cultivation, places to buy and/or harvest, blah-de-blah. Course, I ain't the moderator, so that's MHO, FWIW. :> For purely selfish reasons, any tips of plants that could give one energy *without* the teeth-grinding, jangly, coming-off-a-three-day-run type of side FX that ma huang, fer-instance, seems to impart? ;> For meditative purposes, I'd also be interested in a little info about plants with mildly hallucinogenic qualities...just a li'l jump-start into Yesod, maybe? ;> I'll ttyl! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ed Collins Area: Magical Plants To: Rose Dawn 2 Jun 95 18:32:10 Subject: Re: HELLO? UpdReq > For purely selfish reasons, any tips of plants that could give one > energy *without* the teeth-grinding, jangly, > coming-off-a-three-day-run type of side FX that ma huang, > fer-instance, seems to impart? ;> Welp, I could list a few (eww.. just had some raw garlic from my garden.. smells nasty), but the thing is, I haven't personally tried them yet, just read about em.. gonna buy soon.. I'll letcha know once I test em. > For meditative purposes, I'd also be interested in a little info > about plants with mildly hallucinogenic > qualities...just a li'l jump-start into Yesod, maybe? ;> What the heck is 'Yesod?' :) Anyway, As I mentioned above, I know some but until I personally try them, I don't want to list them... -Ed 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718