From: Albertus Magnus Area: Magical Plants To: All 14 Jun 94 01:34:08 Subject: Legalization UpdReq The following is from WishNet Debate. I found this reply to be one of the most solid I've seen in a while. So I decided to share it with you. You might even learn something. * Originally By: Mr.Z * Originally To: Huggy Bear * Originally Re: Re: Legalization * Original Area: WISH-Debate * Forwarded by : Blue Wave v2.12 -=> Quoting Huggy Bear to Doc <=- HB> Not me. My drug of choice is one more. There is no 2 or 3 tokes for HB> me. There is no "I'll smoke half this now, and the other half later". HB> Drugs are not my problem, I'm my problem. And, I have found over the HB> years that I am not alone. Many others feel like I do. HB> "No one could convince us that we were addicts. It is an admission HB> that we have to make for ourselves. When some of us have doubts, we HB> ask ourselves this question - Can I control my using for any length of HB> time? Most addicts will see that control is impossible the moment it HB> is suggested." HB> --The N.A. Basic Text HB> I can only tell you how it is for me. Only you know how it is for HB> you. OH BROTHER... there is one important fact you seem to have left out here, namely that if you SMOKE and SMOKE and SMOKE at a party, the worst you're gonna do is sleep REAL good and give yerself one HECK of a sore throat. Addict indeed. So what if you smoke yer brains out, or toke a little - walk a little? What is the difference? Let's say we wern't talking about pot, but something like alcohol or cocaine. Then your statement would carry a great deal of validity. But pot? We could put WATER in the topic up there, and it would be saying the same thing: You always want another drink of water. So what? Drinking too much water can be... well, drinking too much water! After you smoke and get really stoned, to continue smoking doesn't get you any higher. There is a natural limit as to how stoned you will get at any one time. After that limit, yer just wasting yer weed, and if that's whatcha wanna do, well, it's yer money I suppose. But addicted? What, like yer gonna have the DT's when dry season rolls around? No, yer just not going to smoke it I imagine. GIVE YERSELF A BREAK. I love to smoke, I'll smoke till it's gone. There is no half-now, half-later for me either. But hey, even *I* can't smoke an oz. at a sitting by myself! Know what? Next day, if there is none, I'll go on doin what I do like I never smoked the night before, and I'm not gonna freak out if I don't get another joint in a month. Neither are you, I imagine. YOU are not yer problem, I imagine. You just THINK you are. That can be worse than any addiction. (No offense, please!) People who like to smoke a LOT are usually just that, and no more in that vein. Course, if you want to impose limits on yerself, fine, that's a good thing. I have such limits; I never buy it. Either someone shares, or I grow my own. That alone keeps me from smoking every day, when I have important stuff to do. And the fact that I can *DO* that (because it's for sale right next door and everywhere else) shows me I dont HAVE a problem, and I'm no addict. You never NEED a joint, you just LOVE IT when there's plenty for you! That's NOT a PROBLEM! Z ... Failure reading left brain. (A)bort (R)etry (F)rolic 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fra:. Michael 111 Area: Magical Plants To: All 14 Jun 94 14:41:04 Subject: Echo carried UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law Greetings Moderator... This is a general announcement per Net and/or various Moderator requests: This Echo is currently being carried by: Castle Anthrax! Hayward, California - USA (S.F. Bay-Area) 510 - 886 - 9393 Resource BBS to... Ordo Templi Orientis Temple ov Phychick Youth Ordo A:. A:. FidoNet - 1:215/9393 Pods(93)Net - 93:9703/11 ALnet - 31:2000/11 BeastNet - 666:31/11 NovenNet - 60:4100/11 Vervans Gaming Net - 45:502/901 Fra:. Michael 111 Sysop - Castle Anthrax! Love is the Law, Love under Will 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Cary Robyn Area: Magical Plants To: Phil Pope 16 Jun 94 11:22:52 Subject: Captain Rom Sent UpdReq The Zippy show at Wetlands was excellent. McKenna has thrown his weight behind the concept and there seems to be a lot of dynamism building in connection with the tour and the Grand Canyon rave in August. I'll be sending him a video of my slide archive and hopefully interest him in doing the same for the Eco-Futuristic Village topic when he speaks at Starwood in July. When these intellectual lineages cross-fertilize there, I think this event is going to grow into the main stream leading up into the Transcendental Object at the end of history. Rom should run, not walk, to the campus library to check out the Science Times section of The New York Times on June 14, 1994 for an article on a new solar breakthrough closely paralelling his own that has occurred very close to home: at the University of New South Wales in Sydney by professor Martin A. Green at the Center for Photovoltaic Devices and Systems. They estimate the technique will produce power for $1 per peak watt within ten years. Maybe he can find an ally there, or at least someone who will understand and appreciate his ideas on this subject. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718