From: Jumbo Area: Magical Plants To: Commander 30 Mar 94 20:14:00 Subject: Re: Masonry & Secrecy UpdReq -=> Quoting Commander to Raven <=- Ra> As for this Raven (krisna wardlaw), I know very much that Freemasonry Ra> is a religion. Co> I know this is probably the wrong area to discuss this but I couldn't Co> help but question this statement. From what I have read and been told, Co> I was under the impression that Freemasonry was not a religion. I know Co> that there members are required to believe in a supreme being but not Co> any one in particular. Could you tell me more? The "One Supreme Being" doctrine has been pretty well stretched. If you worship more than one god/goddess, can they be considered different aspects of one god? The most frequent "Masonry is religion" attack unravels as follows: XYZ Church is the one true church and all others are doomed to eternal damnation. Masonry accepts members of other churches/religions into membership and treats them as equals. Therefore, Masonry, by not recognizing XYZ Church as the one true path to salvation, is a false religion, etc, etc. The one other "religious" requirement to join the Masons is that you believe in the immortality of the soul.. Sorry for butting in. ... A social life? What board can I download THAT from? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718