From: Xxoo Area: Magical Plants To: Phanerothyme 9 Feb 94 20:31:34 Subject: question Shrooms?? UpdReq XX> Join your local area Mycological Society, and if there isn't XX>one.....form one. Participate in frequent field XX>expeditions and befriend XX>landowners where you obtain permission to explore. I have several large P> ...buy grocery store mushrooms, dry in oven, take to a Dead concert, find P> some asshole who's over-charging for blotter, tell him P> 'shrooms make your testicles break out in boils, trade P> him a pound of dried 'shrooms for just, "...one measly, P> little blotter", laugh all the way home, take P> immediately... Ha ha. No, if you are judicious enough and watch your weather you should be able to forage something up that is as good as that blotter. T. Peruvianus under halides comes to mind.....but only because two of mine calved. I prefer mushrooms to acid, but that is a personal decision. I know landowners in Oklahoma are not real famous about people jumping the fence and just doing a pick. They feel much more comfortable if the person they meet is at their front door...asking permission and offering credentials of some sort. They feel better about you if you tell them you want to take "specimens" for "educational use" than if you infer you want to bust a heavy head on a particular variety. When hunting P3 inTexas/Oklahoma/Lousiana/Alabama/Florida or Georgia, I find that my most productive picks are on the eastern treelines...coincidentally, this is where a number of varieties of other mycoflora appear as well. I cover my ass and take a few of the non-ps types as specimens as well.... I imagine drug deal burns are a major reason there is any violence at a Dead concert, when and if it happens. I've never had a problem. XX>pissed-off Simetaw bull was rampaging around trying to screw anything XX>that would hold still) and warn me off. P> P> ...And was it good for you? Does he write or call? Ha ha. Like I said, I was warned off. I guess we'll never know. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718